Has anyone purchased a bag from Bag Borrow or Steal?

I ordered a Bulga from them and it looks practically brand new to me. I couldn't find any signs of use at all, and it was clean and nicely packaged.

Some other pfers have ordered Hudsons from them, and said they were in perfect condition, if not brand new.

I think it's worth a shot, because she can always return it(I think) if it's not as expected.

I haven't heard anything bad about buying bags from them. Of course I haven't had any coffee yet so my brain just may not be working yet, but i really can't remember any horror stories! ;)

I bought a MJ Hudson bag a few months back and it was BRAND NEW with tags still attached -- I know a few other PFers also recd NWT Hudson bags (someone even got the highly coveted all-leather lined Hudson!!) -- a few other members recd gently used bags, and only one person that I can remember was truly unhappy with its condition -- they have a 30 day return policy, so if you did receive a bag that was in worse condition than expected, you can always return it for a full refund -- I actually returned my Hudson because it just didn't work for me. I had no problems at all and actually found their customer service very good.

What bag is she thinking of getting?

I bought a couple of Koobas from their outlet awhile back and they were perfect. One even still had tags on it even though it was listed as "gently worn." HTH:smile:

Same here! I bought a Kooba from them listed as gently worn, but it was in perfect condition with the tags attached! And the price was fantastic! I was a bit nervous ordering from them at first, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

I bought a Hudson about a month ago, and it did show some normal use, but just on the corners and handles. It was clean and odorless, and I felt it was a fair price for the condition (1/2 off retail). But I still ended up returning it because it was just too heavy of a bag for me. Really, since they do have 30 day return policy, it's a better place to buy from than Ebay.

i bought a chili trish from them during christmas time. there was very slight wear, but nothing that leather conditioner couldn't fix. no weird smells, stains, etc. overall, it was a good experience: fast shipping, good cs, and, of course, fantastic bag. i would definitely recommend it.

Hi, has anybody ever bought a bag not from the outlet section?

Like they rented it and then decided they wanted to buy it? I

t says that a % of your rental fees can be used to purchase bags. In this case, do they sell the bag for the retail value?

I definitely thought they were a little pricey for used bags. I was wondering what kind of condition they were in when people finally bought them? I know I had looked a Coach last fall that retailed for over $400. They have it in their outlet, used, for $250ish(?) can't remember exactly, but I would think I would have been better off to have spent the extra $200 and gotten the brand new one. I just wanted to know if anyone had purchased one yet and how well they refurbish them before selling.

I purchased a Gucci positano tote last year from the BB or S outlet and wasn't exactly thrilled with it. The bag was the straw/raffia tote with leather trim and scarf detail. They listed the bag for $900, original retail was $1425. They described the bag as "gently carried" and when it arrived it had signs of wear to the bottom corners (which I guess you may consider gentle wear) and it was evident it was a much used bag. I was okay with that, as the bag was from a previous season and hard to find, however there were 4 good size blue pen marks in the interior and I was not pleased. I personally do not consider pen marks to be normal wear. I consider that damage. After numerous emails and phone calls they resolved the situation by refunding me $100. Had I been able to find the bag anywhere else, I would have returned this one to BB or S. Since then I have done some calling around to brand outlets (Gucci, Prada, Tods) and found the BB or S outlet prices are the same or higher that the mark downs at the brand outlets and the bags they are selling are used by who knows how many people. As opposed to the brand outlets that are selling left overs from previous seasons, but in new condition. BB or S does sell some they they describe as "never carried" so my advice would be to stick to those if you are going to buy from that site or shop around at the brand outlets. Of course this is just MHO, and pen marks might not bother others....
Also, there was ZERO refurbishing done to the bag I bought. There was no attempt to clean the penmarks from the lining ( I actually was able to have my dry cleaner remove most of it for $40). Do they claim to refurbish the bags before selling?