Has anyone purchased a bag from Bag Borrow or Steal?

I just wanted to add that I have never rented from them, but I have made two purchased from their BBOS Private Sale site. I bought an LV Sac Chien 40 retail $2200 for $650, it was definitely in PERFECT condition. I would guess that was a bag they bought from someone, not one that they rented. I also bought a Coach Julianne Spectator bag that retails for $1000 for $325. That was in VERY good condition, nearly brand new.
I was thinking of joining their rental program, because I really wanted to rent the Vernis Alma GM before buying it. Our local store didn't have it in stock. I will NOT join after reading this thread though, thanks for the warning!

PS, this is my first post and my Vernis Alma GM in amarante will be here tomorrow!!! I am so EXCITED and I am sure as I am 5'3" it will look HUGE compared to me!!!
Jodi

I have bought a few bags from them, and was really happy with the first few. I got a wonderful, brand new Kara Ross from them. But, then they changed their outlet policy, so that you couldn't receive a refund anymore, just store credit. So, now I'm much more reluctant. Plus, I've noticed that they're not carrying as many different designers, so am much less interested.

I purchased a bag from them and the customer service person said it was new I was so excited o opened the box and the bag smells and the leather is scratched and I could tell it has been used many times the bag looks old and dirty if they had told me it was used I wouldn't have bought it. Wow I can't believe there are web companies like this. I hope they will refund me my money even the their policy is store credit only since he lied to me

hello all. so i've been trying to find any threads about experiences from purchasing from bagborroworsteal.com and didn't really find much (if there is a thread please let me know!) and i'm thinking of trying out the bags first before i actually go to the retail store to actually buy the bag. what were your experiences using this site? good/bad? how was customer service? were returns easy? are the bags cleaned after each use by a customer? how long did shipping take to get to you? would you consider becoming a member (paying the monthly fee) and etc.

all input would be greatly appreciated!!! :smile:

hello all. so i've been trying to find any threads about experiences from purchasing from bagborroworsteal.com and didn't really find much (if there is a thread please let me know!) and i'm thinking of trying out the bags first before i actually go to the retail store to actually buy the bag. what were your experiences using this site? good/bad? how was customer service? were returns easy? are the bags cleaned after each use by a customer? how long did shipping take to get to you? would you consider becoming a member (paying the monthly fee) and etc.

all input would be greatly appreciated!!! :smile:

Here you go: http://forum.purseblog.com/general-shopping/experiences-with-bag-borrow-or-steal-569979-42.html

I was going to purchase a Mulberry Roxanne from their private sale website. The bag was listed for $395, which was a complete steal because it looked to be in good condition. Anyway, I put the bag in my cart, but had to run out to do something, so I just thought I would do it when I got back home. Anyway, I got home maybe an hour later and went to purchase the bag that was still in my shopping cart, but was now priced at $795. No notification or anything. Thank God I noticed it because I would have been livid if I had paid that kind of money for a used bag (especially when the only reason I wanted it in the first place was because it seemed like a good deal). I just thought it was really shady and unethical. I sent them an email and asked them what the deal was and I never heard back from them. I won't ever buy from them.

Hello!

Will you please share your experiences with buying from Bag, Borrow, or Steal? I just purchased from them for the first time during a 7-hour sale they are having.

Once the item arrives (Fuchsia Alma BB), I will have 7 days to return for a full refund. Sounds safe enough!

The representative that I spoke with on the phone (Peggy) was lovely and helpful.

When the purse arrives (and if I decide to keep the bag), I will post for authenticity and perhaps present my first reveal!

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA! :biggrin:

I purchased a Miu Miu bag from them in 2008/2009. It was a patchwork multicolor bag listed as like new. I got the bag and was horrified with the condition it was in. the bag was only out at that time for maybe a 1 or 2yr prior and was in terrible condition. I called them immediately to start the return process....i haven't purchased from them again and quite frankly I have purchased pre-loved since then....

I purchased a Miu Miu bag from them in 2008/2009. It was a patchwork multicolor bag listed as like new. I got the bag and was horrified with the condition it was in. the bag was only out at that time for maybe a 1 or 2yr prior and was in terrible condition. I called them immediately to start the return process....i haven't purchased from them again and quite frankly I have purchased pre-loved since then....
Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! I am so sorry about your experience.

Thank you very much for sharing! I hope that my purse is in better shape than that Miu Miu you received.