Has anyone purchased a bag from Bag Borrow or Steal?

Has anyone ever purchased anything from the Bag, Borrow or Steal website? If so, was your bag new or did you purchase it used? Are they in good condition if you buy them when they are gently used? Thanks!

I purchased a bulga butterfly for $175 from bag, borrow or steal (the outlet section) and it was in awesome condition. After finding the bag for such a good price, I was also really paranoid that it would be in bad condition so I contatced bag borrow or steal and asked them...they told me that the bags in the outlet are either in new or like new condition. they also told me that the bags are put in the outlet to be sold not based on condition, but popularity- if a bag is not being borrowed alot then they move it to the outlet to sell it. A customer service rep. told me that if I wasnt satisified, then I could return it in 30 days if I wanted to. Overall, I was VERY impressed with my bag and would def. order from the outlet again.

So I know they have their outlet sale going on, and I saw they had a striping Hudson in chestnut on sale for 30% off, making it $895 with just $4.95 shipping and NO tax! Not a fantastic deal compared to some of these year-end bargains but I really want this bag.

At first the idea weirds me out of a used bag, but I've heard of some ppl purchasing bags from Bag Borrow or Steal and they end up being basically brand new. So its almost no different than someone buying a bag in the store, carrying it, and seeing that they dont like it and end up returning it.

Anyway, have any of your girls purchased a MJ bag from the BBS outlet? If so, what were your experiences? I'm glad because if its really banged up and dirty they have a 30day return policy.

I'll post pics when I get it and you ladies can help me decide if its a keeper and in good condition! :tup:

I got a metallic Francesco Baisia that had slight wear on the leather but the inside was very clean-- I was happy with it for the low price. I borrowed a Chloe from them that looked brand-new. They also have a "never carried" section on their outlet.

I got a kooba from them and was very impressed with their customer service. UPS left it in the rain and when I called bag borrow or steal and told them it was soaked, they had UPS come and pick it up from my door and promptly refunded me. No hassle or fees on my end. I would have ordered another from them, but that was the last one in stock :sad:

BTW- I'm really curious what their "steal" prices are for when you borrow and they offer you a buy it price. They have 2 chanels I really want to rent then buy but I don't know if you wind up paying a fortune doing it that way. Does anyone know/are there any threads n this?

Hi echo-- I asked them the "steal" price for the Chloe Mini Paddington I borrowed-- it was 1100 on a bag that I think retailed for 1350. So I think their "steal" prices are comparable to Bluefly's or lower.

I was hoping the rent could be applied toward your purchase, but it can't. The bag you want might turn up in the outlet later. Mine did.

Hi! I'm a newbie and see some good deals on new or gently used bags on Bag Borrow or Steal. I don't belong to the service, but was wondering about the condition of the bags or if the bags include all of their autheniticity cards.

Anyone?

Hi--have purchased several bags from BBorS, a Bulga and Kooba and they were both in perfect condition. I would recommend them. BUT I do know of a couple people returning bags because of the condition. I've also heard of people doing that when buying from Neiman's online, soooo......they guarantee authenticity I've never heard of anyone having a problem with that. I am always looking through the Oulet :rolleyes: Good luck!! What are you looking at??

I've had a couple of friends purchase things from that site~ all in good condition (well at least it was worth the amt. they have purchased it for). I think they have great selections! Also you can be reassured that all their products are authentic, so that's a plus! :yes:

I bought a Chanel bag on sale last month. It was 25% off and was in great shape. They sent me the wrong authentication card with it but promptly wrote me an authentication letter, on their letterhead stating that the bag had been purchased from them and was indeed authentic.

I think they have great prices in their outlet store! Several ladies in the Chanel Forum also bought from them last month.

There's been a ton of threads about this if you do a search...

I ordered two bags from them, both authentic. One was in perfect condition and I kept it, the other was gross and they let me return it without a problem. If you see a bag you love, just go for it. You can always return it if you have a problem :shrugs: