Hardware Talk

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Can we spend a little time on hardware and create a thread for future reference?

I would love to have some pics showing the different types. (palladium vs. brushed paladium...ruthenium...gold vs. brushed gold...guilloche etc.) I would also like the owners to state any pros or cons that they feel about the different hardware types etc.

Anything and everything is welcome in this thread.

Palladium hardware:

pros-versatile hardware, looks great when combined with most leather colors
cons-may not be desirable to those who like or where mostly gold

100_0945.jpg

Here is a photo of Guilloche hardware on a Kelly double tour bracelet I have; photo is from the seller. I recently placed an order for this hardware but it didn't go through, and in speaking with someone in Paris, it is no longer being done on handbags, although I did see it on belt buckles.

attachment.php

The detail is beautiful on the hardware, however, it has a pretty matte effect due to the guilloche.

Attachments

• 55cb_1.JPG.jpg
    55cb_1.JPG.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,394
Ruthenium HW (sorry, still has the plastic on it) but you can see the color.

Pros: It's quite lovely and has a darker tint than palladium. Looks wonderful on many pieces but especially, IMO, dark pieces because the hardware is almost "hidden". Was very rare a few years ago but gaining popularity and presence.

Cons: Might look a bit too dark with some colors/leathers.

100_1257.jpg

Here's brushed gold on my leather bracelet. The bracelt can be worn three ways, all black, all orange and black/orange.

Unfortunately, it has gone to Paris to have a piece of the hardware changed as it has a 'tarnished' effect along one edge, on the other side, not shown in this photograph. Don't know what caused it or if brushed gold is susceptible to tarnishing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• brushedgold.jpg
    brushedgold.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,899
Bababebi,
Is it possible to get some close up shots of your brushed palladium hardware?

I would love to see it. Can you also share any of your feelings/input on it as well?

Thank you.