Shopping on FarFetch

Made my first purchase from Biondini through Farfetch (a pair of Charlotte Olympias). Overall a great exxperience - they are brand new, authentic, the right size and arrived in just over a week (which was good considering I ordered them during the holidays). Also, if you order from the US the customs charges are factored in so you don't have to worry about any delays on that front. So I can certainly vouch for any Farfetch orders from Biondini (haven't tried the other boutiques yet).

When I ordered, I did not realize that they shipped from third parties. Once, I discovered this (when my bag arrived from Naples, Italy!) I tried to research the boutique that it was sent from. But I couldn't find much or anything to make me feel better. Also, if there is a problem with the bag over time, I will have nowhere to go. I decided to return it.....I sent it back to Italy....I will be relieved when the credit comes though...but it will likely be a while as it has to go from US to clearing facility in UK and then back to Italy (I had NO idea, I thought it was like Net-a-Porter....it is not!). I just ordered the same bag from a YSL boutique. . I know now, that this site is not for me!! Thanks for your perspective!!
Next time you order a bag and are unsure about authenticity, it is very easy to get bags/shoes/etc authenticated. You can even do it online for a few dollars. And I have ordered from farfetch in the past with no issues. Farfetch also has superb customer service if there ever is a problem. I had an issue where DHL misdelivered my package. Farfetch dealt with DHL in a very timely manner and managed to track down the shoes. Farfetch has great communication and treats customers well.

I had a delivery notification for my new bag today, shipped by Farfetch from Italy. The bag was supposed to be signed for, but there is nothing in the signature part when I look at the thing online so I think it may have been left outside. When I got home it wasn't there. Checked with neighbours, it isn't with any of them. DHL tracking definitely says delivered. We have had parcels go missing before but I wasn't worried about this one because I know it was signed for. ARGHHHH. What do I do? Are Farfetch good with this kind of thing? My first order with them. Possibly my last.

All of my purchases with Farfetch I have had to sign for and I have never requested this service from DHL. Well DHL has to have someone's signature for the delivery. I think I get an email after I have signed for the parcel. Next thing do any of your neighbors have security cameras where the delivery truck could be seen driving on your block? Can DHL give you a delivery time?

Reactions: nickmusou
I called Farfetch, they were great and have started a process with DHL to see if they can locate the parcel. My gut feeling is that it's been taken, because we've had parcels go missing before, but I am hopeful I'm wrong and it's just a mistake in the system. Should hear within a week they said. Urgh :sad:

I hope they can figure this out for you. I heard that if you make arrangements with your local UPS store, they can accept your packages and you can pick them up from there. The package does not need to be sent by UPS either. Good luck!

I'm in Australia, but usually DHL is quite good about following up on this kind of thing. Sometimes it somehow ends up back on the truck and at their warehouse. If not though, I'm pretty sure Farfetch/DHL fully insure their items in case they go missing, so you should be ok.