Experiences with SELLING to Bag Borrow or Steal

Yoogi's Closet has the best customer service from a consignment shop ever. Sometimes they offer good prices and sometimes they offer really low prices. Fashionphile usually offers good prices, but their customer service is kind of snooty depending on the person.

Ugh, I tried BBOS today. They offered me $200 for a new 2005 YSL Sac Byzance with the $895 price tag still attached. It's from the Tom Ford era and I know they'd put it up for at least 4 times what they offered me. No thanks.

I JUST bought a Dior Corset Admit It bag from them in Denim. I was so excited because it was supposed to be my first Dior.
Well, I got it...and not only did it REEK of perfume, but it had more damage than was listed on the site for it. It was terrible. I have bought Coach from them in the past and have always been very pleased with the conditions...but this Dior was just terrible. They totally misrepresented it.
I returned it the next day, and am hoping I can get a refund on my CC instead of store credit...I will not be shopping there again. I am so disappointed. :sad:

I, too, have bought a few items from their private sale and have not had any issues with condition. Two of them were patent items which I think tend to show wear (particularly in the straps) faster than normal leather...and no problems.

I JUST bought a Dior Corset Admit It bag from them in Denim. I was so excited because it was supposed to be my first Dior.
Well, I got it...and not only did it REEK of perfume, but it had more damage than was listed on the site for it. It was terrible. I have bought Coach from them in the past and have always been very pleased with the conditions...but this Dior was just terrible. They totally misrepresented it.
I returned it the next day, and am hoping I can get a refund on my CC instead of store credit...I will not be shopping there again. I am so disappointed. :sad:

I just made a first purchase from BBOS and the condition was not represented accurately at all. It was a final sale item so my only reply back about whether or not I received the right bag (it was THAT misrepresented) was an all-caps rude reply about it being a final sale. NEVER again would I work with a company that rude. :sad:

terps08 said:
:bump:

Just came across this thread... I am thinking of selling 4 Coach bags I have not worn in years. Any recent selling experiences with BBOS?

Not super recent, but overall I have found their offers on Coach bags to be almost insultingly low. Your experience may vary, though. HTH!

I got a quote for my Chanel bag for $1500 and I sent it in a few days ago. I just got an email today from BBOS saying my bag has "more marks, scuffs and wear than originally anticipated. To help absorb the cost of refurbishing this bag, we have to take the quote down to $1250 cash"

WTF?! I looked over the bag before shipping it and there wasn't marks or scuffs on my bag! I just called Erin and he told me someone should get back to me today or tomorrow. Im so ****ed right now, my bag was in excellent condition before I sent it in to them :cursing::mad::rant:

I just made a first purchase from BBOS and the condition was not represented accurately at all. It was a final sale item so my only reply back about whether or not I received the right bag (it was THAT misrepresented) was an all-caps rude reply about it being a final sale. NEVER again would I work with a company that rude. :sad:

:tdown: How awful!

Bad enough to not have represented it accurately, but their response: :nogood:

I'm so sorry this happened to you and thanks for posting. I had been looking at their offerings and wondering. Deleted THAT link in a hurry!

Not super recent, but overall I have found their offers on Coach bags to be almost insultingly low. Your experience may vary, though. HTH!

Thanks for the headsup! I just submitted the pictures today (I'm a procrastinator :P )... I want to see how much they are offering and see if I can live with it versus the bag just sitting in my closet for another 3 years. I hear too many horror stories from ebay!