Experiences with SELLING to Bag Borrow or Steal

Lately I have been getting better offers from BBOS private sale. I'm starting to be happy with them again. The only thing that stinks is that they take FOREVER to register your bag and check for authenticity.
Plus I don't like that they use USPS without tracking numbers. Yoogi's uses UPS and you can track when your package gets there, and they almost ALWAYS send me a final quote for my stuff the day it arrives.

BBOS totally lowballs. The offered me 250 for a beautiful YSL Downtown. Then when they got it they wanted to take another 25 off to clean it...wasn't that why the offered me so little to begin with? i was offended and they sent it back!

Ok I tried to search for this, but all I found was threads about people buying from them or their cleaning/repair services. I can't find any threads about people selling their bags to them. :sad: Sorry I tried to search. If there is a thread about this, please help me fine it? Ok onto the topic... does anyone have any experience in selling to them? Are they legit in paying you?
yes, I have bought and sold from BBOS and their sister site Avelle. They are legit in that they sell authentic items. They will only receive your items for sale after they are authenticated by their experts.
My gripe about them is that they claim "free shipping"--they lie. You can send them a bag back that you bought with their free shipping label, but if you're smart and want to insure it, the post office will not let you use the free shipping label and you have to pay for shipping and insurance!!! They know this. Shame on them.

I have tried to sell my Coaches and Marc Jacobs on the BBOS/Avelle site, and they offered me $90 for my $600 leather Coach Madison and Sabrina bags!!!! Not very good, is it? Rather offensive. They did pay me about $500 for my LV Speedy but that included the $200 leather strap I purchased from LV.

I have tried to sell my Coaches and Marc Jacobs on the BBOS/Avelle site, and they offered me $90 for my $600 leather Coach Madison and Sabrina bags!!!! Not very good, is it? Rather offensive. They did pay me about $500 for my LV Speedy but that included the $200 leather strap I purchased from LV.

That's so low! Why do BBOS pay so less? I have submitted a few bags to them again and they are offering less and less... needless to say I declined all their offers. Yoogis is doing better I think, but you'll get better prices from Yoogis if you buy your bags at a low price and then sell them to them later. Fashionphile is usually pretty good at giving you good offers though, but the customer service is kind of snooty.

BBOS offered me less than $1k for my over $2k Chanel bag. That was the one that got me offended... of course I said no and I emailed them back saying why they offered so low as that bag was expensive. I wasn't happy.

BBOS offered me about $575 for my speedy 30 including the Coach bag. So without the Coach bag it was about $530 for the speedy itself. This was over a year ago. I was planning on selling that Coach bag which was a very small pochette for $45-$55 and they offered me the price of $45 directly so that I was satisfied about.

I've given up trying to sell to BBOS. I sent in a request to have them buy my never used Miu Miu Coffer that I paid $1999 for...They offered me $475, a little bit more (like $635) if I decided to take a store credit. WTF?!?!

I recently submitted a handful of choice bags that I had to Bag Borrow Steal. I was offered 4 prices for my bags, all Chanel. I then get an email stating they are sending them back. I get them back via UPS and stuffed haphazardly in a box with poor packaging. I am quite livid, these are all in pristine condition all bought and never used. I am under the impression I made the submission and now I will receive low ball offers at some point? Has anyone else had this experience? I am going to bring them to a designer consignment store. Any suggestions in the NYC area where I should go? Or maybe in NJ? I live in Bergen county, thanks

I have had good and bad experience with BBOS- one of the LV bags that I sent to them was sent back (but I never received it- so they filed a claim with UPS and they paid for the bag) but I hate that they don't give a reason for sending the bags back. My first thought was that it was fake (which I know it wasn't because it was directly from boutique) but then I just had to laugh it off because it was their loss anyway
I always have much better luck with Yoogi's closet

The most high end thing I've ever consigned was a Gucci canvas beach bag, but I'm in NJ and I will say that for bags, shoes, and accessories it's worth the trip to consign in NYC, especially for Chanel. I love A Second Chance Designer Resale, they have a location on the Upper East Side and in Soho. For clothing, unless it's also Chanel, Herve Leger, Hermes, etc, I'd consign labels like Betsey Johnson, DVF, Cole Haan, etc in NJ unless I'm already heading to a NYC store.

Hope this helps! Lexy

You should not have sent them to BBOS. Why not try Anns Fabulous Finds or Yoogi's Closet? AFF is always a pleasure to deal with and Yoogi's Closet is the BEST. Especially when consigning high end bags. I've dealt with Yoogi's when sending in an LV bag, the shipping was free. Just pay to insure it. I gave them an Roxbury Drive which was used just twice, in like new condition. They sold it to a buyer that was on a waitlist and I got about $500 back from them. They pay very quickly as soon as the bag is sold, too.

AFF makes you pay to ship the bags but at least they're easy to deal with. I'm sure they would love to take your Chanels. They make you wait 2 weeks for the check since they allow one week for the buyer to decide if s/he wants the bag or not. But it's worth the wait. I recommend talking and comparing deals with both of them and see which one you love the most. STAY FARAWAY FROM THOSE BBOS people. They're a waste of time.

I realize local consignment stores take a HUGE cut from the bags, I wouldn't use them unless you absolutely have to. And I don't think bags sell that well anyway, especially really expensive bags. I also have a high end consignment store in CA, and I notice majority of the women never look at the high end purses unless it's the cheaper ones. I personally rather sell them to Yoogi's Closet and AFF so that way you can get your money right away rather than waiting months for it. Just my opinion.