Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair

^ The most they charge is $265 and that is for a complete refurbishment. They currently have my GST, which I purchased from NM and not from Chanel. No problem on their part sending it in. Be warned though, I took mine in around April 23rd and as of today, it still has not returned yet. I just wanted them to re-dye the purse and fix the corners as they were worn out. Apparently they are going to be replacing the hardware as well.
They aren't quick but I must say they do a fantastic job. MUCH better then many of the other high-end designers...we won't mention any names. I have really been impressed with their repair work.

I took in my earring to replace a missing pearl and was told that it could take up to 12 weeks. I hope it takes faster than that since it is a very simple fix. Estimated cost is $30.

Paris20 said:
I took in my earring to replace a missing pearl and was told that it could take up to 12 weeks. I hope it takes faster than that since it is a very simple fix. Estimated cost is $30.

This sounds great. How old are the earrings? I've only had one quote and it was a lot more than that! Would love to see a photo afterwards.

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with sending in their exotic python to Chanel for repair/refurbishing? Several scales have lifted on my Chanel cert tote around the handles and a few places on the bag. I was thinking about bringing it in...but wanted to get some feedback on what your experience was like. TIA!!

Over 8 weeks.... Ahhh!!!!! Why so long?!
In their defense, I did literally get a hole in the leather. You think if nothing could be done they wouldn't have even kept it this long?!

Sorry just needed to express some anxiety.

Over 8 weeks.... Ahhh!!!!! Why so long?!
In their defense, I did literally get a hole in the leather. You think if nothing could be done they wouldn't have even kept it this long?!

Sorry just needed to express some anxiety.

They just called me on Friday to let me know my bag was ready for pick-up. It took them 12 weeks.

Picked up the bag today, it looks really nice. The Leather Surgeons left their tag in there. I am wondering if it would be cheaper to send it to them directly, in the future, instead of going through Chanel.

My experience was great! I brought in a white lambskin flap bag that I purchased back in 2005 or 2006 from NM. The corners of the bag were very dirty with grey dirt marks. The leather in the chain was turning yellow. When the bag came back after about 3 months, it looked almost brand new!! Well worth the $265 price. It looks so good, I am afraid to use the bag again! I'm kicking myself that I didn't take before/after pics. Also, I brought the bag in without a dustbag and they gave it back to me in a new dustbag.

My 2011 GST was sent out by NM to have all the hardware replaced, as it was tarnishing. The most noticeable was the zipper pull.

I received the bag two weeks ago, after a full twelve week wait. To my astonishment they did not replace the zipper pull, but replaced all other hardware. Oversight, I was told. Would have to surrender bag again for another three months. Uh, ok. Leather Surgeons also left their calling card attached to the key ring. I certainly do not think that Chanel would appreciate the subcontractor giving themselves a shout out!

The box arrived with a return address in Florida, with no sender name. I googled the Leather Surgeons in FL, but when I clicked on the link, the website was unavailable. It appears the Leather Surgeons are the secret repair center in the US we hear about. I told my SA they left the tag inside and she was rattled. Now I know I know it was not a mistake, seeing someone else has mentioned it.

My SA also had them stiffen the sides, since I was unhappy with the shape. It does look marvelous, BUT, in carrying the bag, it now feels very boxy. I have a feeling the change in structure a few years ago was to eliminate the boxiness.

All in all, the bag looks great, no more slouching, but the zipper pull does get my ***!

Just send my Jumbo flap for chain replacement as the leather is falling apart. The SA at the Singapore store said that they do not do refurbishment even though they are sending the bag back to Paris for repair.

BTW, this cost more than the complete refurb that Chanel in US is offering. :tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown: