Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
I personally would be unhappy to receive a brand new bag with these marks.
Preloved fine but new from Hermes?
Its a no.

I am beginning to agree on sending it back :smile: the BF leather was just so intoxicating that I was wanting to hold onto it so badly.
thx for your thoughts!

It might be worth a call to CS? They'll likely tell you just to return it, but maybe they can do a search for other inventory and find you a fresher one for an exchange?
In any case, CS needs to know that a bag with not insignificant marks was delivered to a customer, and to make sure that the bag doesn't get passed on to yet another unwitting customer.

I have been reading some horror stories from the H online thread about CS telling customers that the customers themselves had made marks or had broken items and were not willing to issue a refund. CS also claims that when an item is returned, warehouse employees ‘peek’ inside to make sure the items are in pristine condition before shipping it out to the next buyer. But that’s clearly not the case!

I guess with H online, buyer beware :sad:

Less delicate than you think- it can get wet, easily dries with no stains, light scratches rub out, etc. Read through this thread and you will see, barenia and BF are wonderful leathers.
Use and enjoy yours- its not delicate!
Thanks for the reply. My SA told me absolutely not to wet it because it would be ruined so when it rains don't risk it. Living in Milan where it often rains this can be a problem. I wanted to find out if anyone ever got it wet and if the bag was very stained.

Reactions: Lucyluv818
Thanks for the reply. My SA told me absolutely not to wet it because it would be ruined so when it rains don't risk it. Living in Milan where it often rains this can be a problem. I wanted to find out if anyone ever got it wet and if the bag was very stained.
Mine got rained on and was fine. It probably got about 100 drops on it, so not a downpour. Not a mark on it after it dries.

BF and smooth barenia are untreated saddle leathers, and ( as all leathers) made to be used. Water will not stain them ( mine have both gotten rained upon) and other liquids ( except oil/red wine) will not stain if washed with water right away. This does NOT mean that the leather will not patina, or age, and this it WILL do, and initially, unevenly. This is not a stain but the normal patina process. After 3-5-7 years, depending upon use, light exposure, etc. the uneven-ness will blend and you will have a ( probably darker) gorgeously patina-ed bag. This is much less evident with BF, although, as it was just introduced a few years ago, we still do not have a great handle on how it will eventually look in 10 years.
Go and enjoy that gorgeous bag! :biggrin:

Barenia siblings :smile: B35 in BF and K28 in Smooth Barenia.

View attachment 4817359
Stunning!! Were these offers to you or did you find them preloved? I've been hunting for a long time...
I have seen it in the Aline, but never the Evelyn ( I could always be wrong!)
I'm almost positive that I've seen BF Evelynes on the "Ode to the Evelyne" thread.
I don't think they make the new Evies in BF but who knows, they definitely made Evies in smooth barenia once upon a time: https://shop.rebag.com/products/handbags-hermes-evelyne-bag-gen-i-barenia-gm6352661
BF and smooth barenia are untreated saddle leathers, and ( as all leathers) made to be used. Water will not stain them ( mine have both gotten rained upon) and other liquids ( except oil/red wine) will not stain if washed with water right away. This does NOT mean that the leather will not patina, or age, and this it WILL do, and initially, unevenly. This is not a stain but the normal patina process. After 3-5-7 years, depending upon use, light exposure, etc. the uneven-ness will blend and you will have a ( probably darker) gorgeously patina-ed bag. This is much less evident with BF, although, as it was just introduced a few years ago, we still do not have a great handle on how it will eventually look in 10 years.
Go and enjoy that gorgeous bag! :biggrin:
Thank you - I have a smooth barenia Calvi and appreciate the advice to let it patina unevenly at first without being frustrated :smile:

Stunning!! Were these offers to you or did you find them preloved? I've been hunting for a long time...

I don't think they make the new Evies in BF but who knows, they definitely made Evies in smooth barenia once upon a time: https://shop.rebag.com/products/handbags-hermes-evelyne-bag-gen-i-barenia-gm6352661
Thank you - I have a smooth barenia Calvi and appreciate the advice to let it patina unevenly at first without being frustrated :smile:
Hi @peonies13 I found both preloved as Barenia is hard to come by from the store....at least in my experience. Both from AFF and both flawless condition :smile: