Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
Hi! Would anyone happen to know which bags are currently available in Berenia? Thank you!

@HeatherZE , In person I’ve seen B30, I just purchased my B35, and was offered a picotin earlier this year. A few threads earlier you will see a member just got a Roulis.
It's also available in the mini Bolide 1923 and the new bag, 24/24

Hi. New in this site. owner of a BF B35, got mine late last year. Just need some insight of the new leather. mine still has that wonderful smell of leather but I just noticed that in between the grains its like having whitish thing, Any idea? Is it really the leather’s characteristics or is it drying up :sad: Thanks

Attachments

• 79150176-50D3-417C-81E7-3D4AB0F521C6.jpeg
    79150176-50D3-417C-81E7-3D4AB0F521C6.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 499
Hi. New in this site. owner of a BF B35, got mine late last year. Just need some insight of the new leather. mine still has that wonderful smell of leather but I just noticed that in between the grains its like having whitish thing, Any idea? Is it really the leather’s characteristics or is it drying up :sad: Thanks

Hello, welcome! Congrats on your BF!! I have to be honest, I can’t tell from your picture what white you are seeing. Is it consistent all over the bag or just in one spot? Would love to see picture of your entire bag - you may be one of the first owners. How has yours developed patina? Anyway, sorry I can’t be of more help.

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
Hi... have kept my bag for a long time but upon reading the few reviews about the BF decided to use it more frequently to make ot develop its natural patina. Though i dont really have an idea on how to care for the leather [emoji51]

The white thing is actually all over the whole bag in between the grains... but i am unsure if it has been there from the time i bought it. Hardly noticed unless exposed to sunlight. Thanks!

The white thing is actually all over the whole bag in between the grains... but i am unsure if it has been there from the time i bought it. Hardly noticed unless exposed to sunlight. Thanks!

Beautiful bag! I’m away from my home on business but I will check mine to see if I see anything similar when I get home over the weekend. You could consider looking up what Docride recommends on her thread for barenia if you wanted to try and condition yourself. You could also ask your local H boutique.

Reactions: dessert1st
Beautiful bag! I’m away from my home on business but I will check mine to see if I see anything similar when I get home over the weekend. You could consider looking up what Docride recommends on her thread for barenia if you wanted to try and condition yourself. You could also ask your local H boutique.

Thanks ...

Thanks ...
@Betz Sorry to hear Dear! Ditto to @TeeCee77 comment. I would check with docride and your SA at H.
It could be leather spew, which is caused when fatty acids seep from the leather.
http://lttleathercare.com/2016/04/02/spew-on-leather/ Let us know on this thread what the outcome is. BFaubourg is a newer process to H and it could be that the newer rounds might have had a hiccup
In the tanning process. Don’t despair, it can be treated :heart: and thanks for posting to this thread!

When I bought mine, the SA told me the white is natural and normal. She’s been there 15 years. Hope that helps!