Dooney Lovers--Post Up Your NON-DOONEY Favorites

Just purchased it this morning and switched to it in the outlet parking lot. :smile: Trying to get out of my red comfort zone. Of course, the bag grabbed my attention because of the red trim. I'll switch to this every now and then this Spring/Summer. It's a saffiano type leather so I'm not (too) worried about color transfer or keeping it clean. It won't be going with me on my weekends in the city when I'm riding buses. I'll continue to use my recently purchased red crossbody for that.
20190328_130026.jpg

Just purchased it this morning and switched to it in the outlet parking lot. :smile: Trying to get out of my red comfort zone. Of course, the bag grabbed my attention because of the red trim. I'll switch to this every now and then this Spring/Summer. It's a saffiano type leather so I'm not (too) worried about color transfer or keeping it clean. It won't be going with me on my weekends in the city when I'm riding buses. I'll continue to use my recently purchased red crossbody for that.
View attachment 4386749
RN: enjoy your new handbag. The red trim accents the handbag nicely.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
View attachment 4386749
Hey Rue, that’s pretty - and the red trim pops the color. Very original! Haven’t seen a Coach trimmed like that before. You did Good!

Hey Rue, that’s pretty - and the red trim pops the color. Very original! Haven’t seen a Coach trimmed like that before. You did Good!
Thanks very much LB!:smile:
I had never seen a Coach trimmed like this before this morning. As much as I loved it, I actually walked away from it. Twice. I wasn't sure if I could pull off a chalk bag so I left the store. I went to Dooney, didn't see anything I liked better and went back to Coach but chickened out again. I was back at the apartment when the separation anxiety really hit, and I drove to the South Premium Outlet to see if they had it. (They charge for parking now at the North Outlet and I didn't want to pay again so I went to the South Outlet since I wasn't going back to Dooney.)

View attachment 4386749
Love this...that red detailing is so pretty!

....It's a saffiano type leather so I'm not (too) worried about color transfer....
View attachment 4386749
Feeling your pain on possible color transfer with light taupe flo Hattie. I use Apple conditioner & waterproof on all my bags but do not own any saffiano, nor any light taupe florentine before the Hattie. Not certain if Apple will discourage color transfer but have posted this question in the care & maintenance thread.
We need PecanTannedBeauty’s expertise!

Feeling your pain on possible color transfer with light taupe flo Hattie. I use Apple conditioner & waterproof on all my bags but do not own any saffiano, nor any light taupe florentine before the Hattie. Not certain if Apple will discourage color transfer but have posted this question in the care & maintenance thread.
We need PecanTannedBeauty’s expertise!
Hi LB!
The SA I spoke to at Coach said I should use their leather cleaner, but not theirs,or anyone's moisturizer. I suppose I could use a non-Coach leather cleaner also. He suggested that just as a way to keep the bag clean. (He cleaned the bag for me before I purchased it.) As far as color transfer, he said it could happen on this bag, but "maybe" if I use the leather cleaner right away I "might" be able to get it off. But the bottom line was when he said, "If you do get color transfer on the back, try to not to carry your bag the wrong way and get it on the front as well." :lol: It's just a fun Spring/Summer occasional use bag so I'm not going to baby it or worry about it.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Hi LB!
The SA I spoke to at Coach said I should use their leather cleaner, but not theirs,or anyone's moisturizer. I suppose I could use a non-Coach leather cleaner also. He suggested that just as a way to keep the bag clean. (He cleaned the bag for me before I purchased it.) As far as color transfer, he said it could happen on this bag, but "maybe" if I use the leather cleaner right away I "might" be able to get it off. But the bottom line was when he said, "If you do get color transfer on the back, try to not to carry your bag the wrong way and get it on the front as well." :lol: It's just a fun Spring/Summer occasional use bag so I'm not going to baby it or worry about it.
Well wasn’t that SA full of wisdom!:lol: “...don’t turn it around”. That’s too funny. lol
Enjoy your pretty bag - no worries! :smile:

Hi LB!

I remember seeing a YT video by PcanTanBeauty where she said she uses unscented baby wipes to remove color transfer. She indicated she was very successful with the technique., even on Florentine handbags. I haven't tried it.

I would think that it's important to treat the color transfer as soon as possible to get as much of it off while it's on the surface and before it penetrates too far into the leather. When carrying a light color handbag, it makes sense to check it over every night and clean up any soil or marks or color transfer immediately. It's always easier to get a tiny spot off than to look at a handbag after a week of wear and find bigger problems to solve.

I remember seeing a YT video by PcanTanBeauty where she said she uses unscented baby wipes to remove color transfer. She indicated she was very successful with the technique., even on Florentine handbags. I haven't tried it.

I would think that it's important to treat the color transfer as soon as possible to get as much of it off while it's on the surface and before it penetrates too far into the leather. When carrying a light color handbag, it makes sense to check it over every night and clean up any soil or marks or color transfer immediately. It's always easier to get a tiny spot off than to look at a handbag after a week of wear and find bigger problems to solve.
Hi LJ!:smile:
Thanks very much for the info on using unscented baby wipes. I'll keep a small pack in my bag just in case. I inspect the bag after I've been carrying it for a while because I'm currently wearing a blue jacket in the morning and evening in Vegas, where I am now until Tuesday morning. But I'll still be wearing the jacket most of the day in Oakland.
Thanks! :hugs:

Reactions: Sunshine mama