Does the color of your purse really matter? *question

Mar 28, 2015
I used to care about wearing certain colors during summer/spring/fall/winter but now... I don't really mind it.

I'll wear certain bags year round. I don't care anymore about if it's "in season" because it just doesn't make sense to me... if I wanna wear a powder blue bag during fall/winter, I should be able to.

Another thing, a powder blue bag during fall/winter would really add a pop of color in a sea of burgundy/black/grey/dark colored bags 😆

What about you ladies?

I have never worn or considered any colour belonging to any particular season. I wear whatever bag I feel like during whatever season regardless of weather. The only thing I probably look out for is some of my leather bags have the kind of leather that may stain in rain so I won't use those on rainy days but it doesn't affect other leather bags so I'll use those.
Colour has never and will never be an issue for me, I've actually never really understood the colour/ season thing myself.

Reactions: LovingLV81
I do consider the bag for the season. I'm much less likely to wear pure white in winter or Bordeaux in summer. That's because my wardrobe changes to richer, deeper colors in the winter and lighter, brighter colors when it's warm. I like changing color tones for the seasons. It makes each feel special to me!

Reactions: prepster
I, too, wear bags when I feel like it regardless of the color. But I am in California where there is not real winter. But I think I would do the same wherever I lived. I just wear what I am in the mood for.

Totally matters to me. Some bags work fine all year but some just don't. Not because of any rules but just 'because.'

I've spent the last few accumulating a S/S bag wardrobe with as much choice and variation as a my Winter. It's not only about colours but I can wear shoulder bags and hobos in the Summer more easily. Non-leather, baskets and bags that are more open to the rain I prefer to keep for Summer too.

Reactions: prepster
Totally matters to me. Some bags work fine all year but some just don't. Not because of any rules but just 'because.'

I've spent the last few accumulating a S/S bag wardrobe with as much choice and variation as a my Winter. It's not only about colours but I can wear shoulder bags and hobos in the Summer more easily. Non-leather, baskets and bags that are more open to the rain I prefer to keep for Summer too.
That is a good thought about the open bag part - didn't think of it. I do not wear open bags during rainy days and own no straw bags, so my choices are mainly color and I don't worry too much about that vs. time of year

Wouldn't say I follow "color rules." Or even fashion mandates. ;)
But have ideas about my handbag colors for seasons.
And how they move me through year.

For instance, look forward to using oxblood come autumn/winter.
Because the color warms me. And heightens tones of falling leaves, acorns, pumpkins.
But, if want to carry in summer, do. :biggrin:

Enjoy sea blue for spring/summer.
Cooling, inspiring, open skies & ocean sunshine on my shoulder.
And oak, to feel less complicated & more connected to warm earth.
Brown & oak sneak into autumn/winter, too. ;)

Have been carrying green bag, lately.
Color of a forest suits new year, imo--cleansing, healing, quiet.
But, green & spring are naturals together too. ;)

Reactions: ninakt
Weather, not season. The weather in Canada tends to be a little messy.

Uh-huh. I mean right now? i wouldn't dare carry a light colored bag, she'd be filthy and i'd be frustrated lol.

While i love color, i will openly admit i prefer neutrals for bags, SLG are where i get my colors, patterns...

This all said i don't think this is a case or 'right or wrong' it's about what your comfortable carrying besides if i was 80F and had palm trees dancing out my door i'd probably grab a lighter colored purse to begin with lol.

Open bags for sure.. with winter nothing worse than watching your bag slide off the car seat and puke the entire contents onto the filthy, salt covered floor mats.

Open bags for sure.. with winter nothing worse than watching your bag slide off the car seat and puke the entire contents onto the filthy, salt covered floor mats.

:yes: Or people parking their cars so close to yours that as you try to get in, that your coat/bag is rubbing against their dirty cars.

I don't have seasonal colours for my bags, just clothing. However, I do like to brighten my winter attire with colourful hats, gloves and scarves.

Weather, not season. The weather in Canada tends to be a little messy.

This^

Particularly where I am. Summer or winter doesn't seem to matter - the weather can change in an hour. Light colors I stay away from. Period. Some bags I only use when I go to certain vacation destinations as their weather is consistent.

I do find myself using darker bags for the fall and winter. I don't even do it consciously, it's just what I reach for.