Does the color of your purse really matter? *question

I used to be a black bag person, with one red bag as my only pop of color. After a while I considered red a neutral bag color too. Then I got exposed to tpf, so my bag colors branched - to other neutrals like grey and beige, plus some other colorful ones.

Now, I have 6 everyday black bags, out of 20+. Given the choice, I would like to let go of 2-3 of these black bags. I desire more colorful bags now, or other non-black neutrals. But the 2nd hand bag market for these brands is not really active in my country. So I think I am sort of stuck with them for now. Btw, in my country we only have wet and dry season, so bag colors really are not seasonal.
I really like the colorful Bal's in your avatar - you have definitely expanded your horizons! Best of luck letting go of more black bags (and replace with more colorful Bals)

I really like the colorful Bal's in your avatar - you have definitely expanded your horizons! Best of luck letting go of more black bags (and replace with more colorful Bals)
Thanks MK!! I've totally forgotten about my avatar! Nice of you to notice since the point then really was to express that I have brightly colored bags. But, I don't have the Rose Thulian Bal anymore, I replaced it with an Anthracite one. And I added another in Latte (beige), but which I will be letting go soon. So, I shift from bright colors to non-black neutrals really. Of the 3 bags in the avatar, I only have the yellow left.

Thanks MK!! I've totally forgotten about my avatar! Nice of you to notice since the point then really was to express that I have brightly colored bags. But, I don't have the Rose Thulian Bal anymore, I replaced it with an Anthracite one. And I added another in Latte (beige), but which I will be letting go soon. So, I shift from bright colors to non-black neutrals really. Of the 3 bags in the avatar, I only have the yellow left.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, although anthracite is a great neutral. I hope you still consider color in your future purchases!

I love lighter colors but wear denim about 90% of the time and am terrified of color transfer. I did just buy a preloved beige bag because I need something in a lighter color for spring & summer. It was inexpensive enough that I won't freak out if it gets dirty and has to be retired quickly.

Beige is an excellent choice in place of start white.. Still, no denim with it ever, :shucks:

I love lighter colors but wear denim about 90% of the time and am terrified of color transfer. I did just buy a preloved beige bag because I need something in a lighter color for spring & summer. It was inexpensive enough that I won't freak out if it gets dirty and has to be retired quickly.

I have a beige bag & wear a lot of denim. I have not had problems with color transfer though I hear that is common. I also wear white occasionally and find there is a softness to the beige that gives it greater versatility.

Beige is an excellent choice in place of start white.. Still, no denim with it ever, :shucks:

I have a beige bag & wear a lot of denim. I have not had problems with color transfer though I hear that is common. I also wear white occasionally and find there is a softness to the beige that gives it greater versatility.

Thanks for the beige tips! I'm looking forward to carrying it when the weather warms up.

I think it can work as an interesting contrast to pastels and pale colors, if you have those in your wardrobe. It might take some thought, but you can make a dark color work in spring /summer :biggrin:

I have a bag in ever color because i'm anal about my bag matching whatever outfit color I have on. I tend to have at least 2 bags of each color, sometimes 3 of colors I really love. like pink and purple I have 3-4 of those in small and medium size bags. so I own a designer bag in ever color, pink, red, purple, green, blue, orange, and of course white, black, brown and beige. I love color in my wardrobe so I could never stick to just brown or black bags

I usually skip over black handbags. Most of my bags are in a non neutral color, but I treat them as neutrals. My last bag purchase was a Zac Posen Eartha in a beautiful cobalt color. I wear it with everything. It also came in black, but I guess that I find black bags boring.

Reactions: vink
In some ways it does for me, which is why I tend to stick to either black bags or neutral colored bags. However, I have found that silver/metallic colors work will with just about every outfit color.