Documenting Chanel CC markings through time

Is it cool if a brand new Jumbo with gold hardware made in France has the little square on the bottom right hand side? Most have them on the upper but a new one my mother purchased from Neimans has this on the bottom right and I was concerned. Thanks!

I have a white caviar jumbo with gold hardware (purchased from a tpf'er - I don't know when the bag was made) that has the hallmark on the bottom right hand side also. I had the bag authenticated by an expert here on tpf - so I would no worry about that. But why they move the hallmark around is a mystery to me....

I just bought (yep - slipped off the "ban" wagon again) a Jumbo Caviar in Pale Beige Clair and the code on the tag is:

00V
A28600Y01864

Whereas another tpf listed the same bag's code as

09C
A01112Y01588

I point this out because mine - does not have the hallmark on the gold CC. And a few others have mentioned they have noticed new bags not having the hallmark on the gold CCs. So at least in the case of the Beige Clair - does it have something to do with the bag going from "Cruise Collection" to the continuous line-up as the "Classic Collection". To me it would seem they would have done it the other way - not have the hallmark and add it to the bag when they decided to make it part of the continuous line. But Chanel is good at confusion...:confused1:

Ok, I have been thinking about it and I don't like this non-hallmarked gold CC, so I am going to return this bag and my SA found one with the 09C code that has the hallmark...I feel better now. :smile:

My white jumbo with gold hardware made in france and bought in England has the marking on the bottom right hand side also..........

I have a white caviar jumbo with gold

hardware (purchased from a tpf'er - I don't know when the bag was made) that has the hallmark on the bottom right hand side also. I had the bag authenticated by an expert here on tpf - so I would no worry about that. But why they move the hallmark around is a mystery to me....

It seems that after the 08/09 Cruise collection, Chanel stopped putting a hallmark on the gold CC logos of classic flaps that are Made in France. I still don't know why. Hopefully this mystery will be solved one day! :thinking:

It seems that after the 08/09 Cruise collection, Chanel stopped putting a hallmark on the gold CC logos of classic flaps that are Made in France. I still don't know why. Hopefully this mystery will be solved one day! :thinking:

It would be nice to know why...and I hope they don't continue the practice...I like the hallmarks - call me old school, but I just do.

I managed to get a rather funky close-up of the marking on my 3 series (94/95)

It's a circle of dots inside a square - top left.

Attachments

• CC Marking on 3 series.jpg
    CC Marking on 3 series.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 13,154
My aunt gave me a waist/belt bag w/ all gold hardware (its from the 80s so the sticker is missing) the CC doesnt have the hallmark on it...is this a bad sign?

I specifically collect the waist/belt bags produced in either diamond stitch or quilting styles. None of them have hallmarks. I have been waiting to see one that does. Of the 12 that I have owned and all the ones I have seen in auctions are the same. It's been a mystery to me. However, of all my Chanel bags, the belt bags are the ones that the hardware suffers the most plating wear. Mainly because, when you wear it, you probably grab the turnlock harder than you would with a handbag (you sort of put more pressure on it).
Will post some photos.

I also have some more hallmarks. Will post those too.

shinymagpie, thank you would really appreciate pix of your belt/waist bags, I love them for traveling and looking stylish at the same time, I hardly see various chanel styles. Wonder why no hallmark on cc on all your waist bags?? Ive seen authentic ones w/ hallmark...here is a link to one, also ebay has some for auction in which most have the hallmark:

http://www.luxuryexchange.com/shop/...k-quilted-lamb-skin-belt-pouch/prod_1108.html

Hallmarks
series 3 velvet backpack. It has a top left hallmark on the main flap and a top right hallmark on the pocket pouch.

by the way, what is interesting is that the 2 hallmarks are different styles. One is the circle with the dots and the other looks like a heiroglyph. The heiroglyph one also is on my 2 tone mini flap (see later post). I used to have another backpack with two CCs on it. I will look for the photos and check if the hallmarks are the same on both CCs on that one.

Attachments

• 3 series velvet bp hallmark.jpg
    3 series velvet bp hallmark.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4,525
  • 3 series Velvet bp top left cc hallmark.jpg
    3 series Velvet bp top left cc hallmark.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 12,886
  • 3 series velvet bp.jpg
    3 series velvet bp.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4,259
  • 3 series Velvet backpack bottom right hallmark.jpg
    3 series Velvet backpack bottom right hallmark.jpg