Do you wear your designer bag to work/interviews?

my answer would be abso-freakin-lutely!

i don't get the self-consciousness of it all - AT all.

i mean, i'm not swinging it around my neck as i walk off the elevator but i carry my designer bags like i do my lunch sack - with purpose and straight to my desk.

WOW! Just reading these posts make me feel good about my profession!!
Sounds like some professions are cut-throat and condescending! I do wear my bags everyday- I have very little interaction with other women in my office, so they very rarely see my bags. Most would not know a Tods from a target bag and since my Burberry is leather, they would not know what it was unless they saw the lining.
Men are so much easier to work with! My boss knows I have an obsession, but he doesn't ask. He's too cheap as it is!

Why not? I am in banking.. you HAVE to carry a designer bag! The thing is.. do you carry your designer bag to church? I dare not.. I will only carry a very old Anya Hindmarch to put my son's water bottle and our bibles in..I am going to start a thread on this....!!

This made me laugh! So true!

I've noticed that my marc jacobs stuff gets a lot of attention and compliments from designer conscious people, but they can't place it right away. So I keep telling myself that is perfectly safe for work (because I need it with me!! It's like my grown-up blankie, lol!) Tods gets recognized more at work and work functions, but no where else. Coach is ALWAYS recognizeable. I carry my Brahmin or little Ferrgamo if i want to guarantee that I'll fly below the radar label-wise (or a tote from Marshalls or Tj's if its a casual situation).

I carry my bags everywhere. When I have bought an expensive bag, I will certainly carry it too! ;)
Most of my coworkers know about my bag obsession and are used to seeing me carrying them to the office so they are immune, lol. Also, I mostly carry Balenciaga which is a bit neutral in a way that they doesn't scream the name of the brand with big logos. In addition, there are a lot of Norwegians who doesn't know this brand very well.

I always admire women who carry their designer bags proudly at work. I don't get why people judge when it's not their money that's being spent. People have different priorities in life. If they want to spend every penny they earned on bags, so be it. However, I would have a hard time sympathizing with someone who came up to me complaining about the lack of money for day care purposes, etc. etc. when they have an LV but still, I give the benefit of the doubt (what if it's a gift? what if they are members of Avelle/bagborroworsteal?)

Like others, I tailor what I'm carrying to the situation. If I'm going to a high level executive meeting I do not carry anything logo and go with something more classic (I use my Mulberry Bayswater or MJ Rio for this). Otherwise I carry what I feel like.

I agree that 90% of people either aren't paying attention to what I'm carrying or don't know the difference.

Absolutely - most of the people where I work don't notice them, anyway. However, the cashier at the grocer store I frequent is very knowledgeable about designer bags and we have some great conversations about them! :smile:

I don't.. I work in a salon and it gets put away the minute I get there..No one would see it whether I am carrying a plastic bag or a Chanel

I carry my nice bags on my days off or when I go out

i'm a student and i work part time as a cashier. I don't bring designers to work at all. We don't have lockers or anything.

I just use a beat up black satin BEBE hobo to work. However, I do have a $700 LV wallet inside LOL.

i don't work - but if i did i would have no problem carrying my bag to work!
what's the point of paying all the money for them to leave them at home? i don't see any sense in waiting for the weekend or days off to be able to enjoy something you worked hard for.