Do you wear your designer bag to work/interviews?

I normally don't, only because I am on the train and get bashed into by heaps of people on on escalators etc. When I do, I'm really careful with them. The other reason is that I don't like people questioning me where did you get it, how much etc? One of the ladies in my office wants to know everything about everything and keeps wanting to try my bags to see how they feel.

I say you should wear them if you think its worth doing that for the possible consequences, depending on whether you have a jealous boss and colleagues who gossip...e.g. the possibility of you getting fired or having the feeling of people talking behind your back. Ya it's a sad fact that there are these people and you can't change that. Plus, what's the point if you can only wear your bag when you're off work which is maybe 2 days a week if you're working full time, and that is time shared between your different designer bags!

I wear mine every day; change them around to suit my mood. We are only four girls in my department and they all carry monogram LV - so I carry mine with pride..although a guy just yesterday said my hermes picotin in bright orange reminded him or a shower cap, lol!

I only have Coach and Kate Spade bags - I carry them to work and no one has ever paid much attention.

I wouldn't carry anything higher end to work though, just because it would be too different from everyone else (a few carry Coach, no one else has anything higher priced than Guess or Tommy Hilfiger).

I'd love an LV wallet or pochette, to use inside my Coach/KS bags (like someone here said she does) for my own enjoyment without drawing a lot of attention to it.

People make comments about my bag, but never about the designer. I'm always vague when they asked me where I purchased. Also good that I can hide the logo if I want to be even more anonymous.

I wear my designers to work all the time! In fact I wear them everywhere, even on the weekends. And I keep rotating among my bags. I worked hard to earn and buy them, so what's there to be embarrassed about really? :graucho:

I'm currently the youngest in my office and I get stick all the time with the new designer stuff I turn up with, but ah, who cares as long as it makes me happy, right? :yahoo:

The environment I work in is no thrills meaning everyone is relaxed and not into any status and I wear my Gucci leather bag (no logos whatsoever) to work almost every day and it has never been detected from anyone thus far! - I guess I haven't run into a PFer yet! :lolots:

I currently wear my Longchamp to work with some LV slgs inside the bag. I've been wanting to wear my Speedy 30 in damier ebene to work for a long while now but I'm hesitant. Just a note that I am entry level and this is a retail environment. The only bags I see at work are Coach, MK, Kate Spade and Guess, no one not even management are carrying high end designer handbags. My heart is in LV and I know I would feel content wearing my Speedy to work. Any opinions?

I currently wear my Longchamp to work with some LV slgs inside the bag. I've been wanting to wear my Speedy 30 in damier ebene to work for a long while now but I'm hesitant. Just a note that I am entry level and this is a retail environment. The only bags I see at work are Coach, MK, Kate Spade and Guess, no one not even management are carrying high end designer handbags. My heart is in LV and I know I would feel content wearing my Speedy to work. Any opinions?

I wear my luxury brands to work and switch around depending on mood and weather (if it's rainy, out comes the Coach and Dooneys!). I see LV at work all the time, so I say go for it.

It really depends on your office climate and politics. In some places, it won’t matter, in some it will, and in some, it could be just insensitive (for example, if you’re high-ranking but the company is going through layoffs).

I answered a similar thread a year or two ago when I was first getting really into designer bags, and at the time, I noted that I was careful to mix in my lower end bags and not carry anything too flashy. I still don’t carry anything flashy because that’s just not my style, and I still mix in lower end bags because I love to carry them, too, but I’ve become a lot more relaxed about the times I carry designer bags.

If people weren’t commenting on my bags, they’d be commenting on my car or my wedding set or my vacations or whatever, so I carry what pleases me and ignore the gossip.

Reactions: JenW
I am a supervisor of a group of ladies that would never dream of spending even $100 on a bag. I only have contemporary brands and have purchased most at a discount but feel it would be insensitive to carry multiple bags to work . I pick one bag to carry a season or 2, then may change to another. The others I carry on my off time.

Reactions: JenW