Do you wear your designer bag to work/interviews?

I just want to be careful. Is it okay to carry my Givenchy Antigona for a job interview? Thanks.
Depends on the job you are applying to.
I used to work in international politics and anything loud brand would be highly inappropriate.
For that interview I would choose something very under the radar, no logos, nothing recognizable but very VERY good quality.
If you work in fashion or marketing or or it’s completely different off course.
And then when you already work there you can decide based on the environment.

I used to work in international politics and anything loud brand would be highly inappropriate.
For that interview I would choose something very under the radar, no logos, nothing recognizable but very VERY good quality.
Perhaps a mulberry bayswater, Seaton or Alexa / Balenciaga Neo Classic Hardware City would be a better choice?

Last edited:
I think the Antigone works. No obvious logo. I think it’s a highly under the radar bag.

Thinking of buying a mansur gavriel zip top tote for the interview. Very few people know this brand and it seems to be a well made bag. Please comment if it is a good choice.

View attachment 5744397
I could see myself bringing a tote like this to an interview. In fact, I bring my black tote bag to work almost on a daily basis.

But it depends on the company / sector that you are going to interview for. I work in law and in my city, dark suits with black bags are almost like a uniform (or at least the safest best) for us when going to formal meetings. But really, a black tote can't be wrong!

Reactions: sophiegray
I alternate between a couple of designer bags at my work (Hospital), admittedly I don't use anything with a screaming logo but I don't think my colleagues would care.

I wouldn't take an obvious designer bag to an interview but then I also have never been to an interview where I've left my bag on display in front of the panel/interviewer...

Reactions: sophiegray
If I had a job interview I would probably use my Coach Parker top handle in oxblood. This is the only bag I own that looks understated and business-like. My last job interview was online though and I work almost 100% from home. So not much opportunity to bring my bags to work. If I go to the office though I usually take my Polene numero un or my black NeoNoe.

Serapian small Secret totes are my go-to work bags these days, and I've carried them without any qualms in interviews. I personally don't think logos or flashy hardware are appropriate in the workplace, and also think a work bag needs to be big enough to carry files and/or a laptop. As someone who has conducted interviews, I do not like Chanel flaps, Givenchy Antigonas etc. in interviews. They're date/weekend bags. A serious job candidate should carry a serious, capacious, under-the-radar work tote bag.