Do you put your bag on the floor?

No Never the floor yuck.

However, I was at the nail salon their was a woman getting a manicure had her
LV Neverfull PM on the floor:nuts:I looked in horror the nasty yucky floor what if chemicals splashed on her bag the scent of chemicals. I was in shock why would you take your handbag to a nail salon and have it by you while you are getting a manicure. I just looked at the woman in disgust how horrible!

I wanted to yell at her "Get Your handbag off of that floor and out of the shop"! The woman could sense me staring in her direction she looked at me I just shook my head at her! Of course she still didn't get it!

I took a chanel into my hair salon and my hair dresser who I love dearly - almost died at my hands - because she kept throwing the used towels from wiping her hands etc. with hair color on them up on her station area where I sat my handbag. I always sat my handbag on the station area as she has another work surface she works from, this area where my bag was- is for her clients. But after the third time of me removing the soiled towel off of my Chanel - I went nuts and we had a conversation as I wiped a glob of color from my caviar bag....lucky me no harm was done. BUT I do not take bags into any type of salon - hair or nails - NO MORE!

I never put my bag on the floor...ugh...if it's small enough, I put it on the table, larger, I put it on another chair or behind me.... a purse hook works great(holds up to 5 lbs)..set it right beside you where you can see it....

Depends on the material.

I try not to but like you said, sometimes you can't help it and just have to cringe and do it- serviettes to make it easier. I pull up a chair where possible, between myself and a wall or between friends so no one can run off with it.

Lap doesn't work for me. As Murphy's law would have it, I'd probably end up dropping something, which wouldn't normally happen if the bag wasn't in my lap in the first place! NEVER on a toilet floor though!

When I got my first, I used to place serviettes down before seating it anywhere hehe and it slept in the bedroom with me for a week for fear of the cat (who has an impeccable record but anyhoo).

I worry about the handles too if I have to hang a bag anywhere, despite my bags generally being small. I haven't seen these bag hooks you all speak of here in Melbourne - are they bad in any way for your handles? I also get slightly angry when people accidentally touch my bags e.g. bumping them when going past me on an escalator. I will stop now before I reveal my other bag OCDs :P

The money walking out thing... is that related to feng shui?