Do you put your bag on the floor?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
I personally think it's gross to put it on the floor, especially in public bathrooms. But, sometimes, there's no other place for it and I can't hold it either. So, what do you do? I just came across this "purse hook" thing but then it seems kindda weird to whip it out in public. What do you do? Thanks!

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
No never. I use a purse hook sometimes or pull an extra chair up for my bag.

VuittonsLover

Cartier Crazy
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
NJ/NYC
Sometimes you have no choice but to put it on the ground... but I try not too.

If I do put it on the ground.. I always carefully put it down.

RealDealGirl

Addicted to pink
May 2, 2007
Connecticut
If I have to put it on the floor in a public place, I try to put a napkin down first or if in a restroom stall with no hook on the door (which is my pet peeve), I at least put toilet paper down on the floor first, then my bag on that.

loving_couture

Loving Couture
May 26, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Sometimes when i dont have a choice.....but when my bag is brand new, i even hold it like it a baby because im scared of it getting dirty or something hahaha

graphite

Jun 6, 2008
Roseville, CA
Yeah, never on the bathroom floor - but if it's coated canvas I don't really worry about it on the floor as long as its not asphalt or cement :yes:

4Kings

I am wherever He is
Aug 7, 2007
Here
nope, never.
I sometimes use the purse hook, but most times the hook is not able to hold my wider handle bags. Those times I use the help of a ponytail holder. I also use the extra chair and my lap. I don't feel weird when I use them in public ... it is still better than the floor. I have one in each of my bags.

Germangirl

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 21, 2008
I wouldn't set it on the floor in a restroom but otherweise I'm not that concerned about setting it on the ground.
I'm not that germ-conscious (otherwise I'd never touch money or a door knob again).

Sometimes it's just safer to have your bag on the ground between your feet than on the chair next to you. That's how bags get stolen. ;)

camommyof3

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
No way! I can't believe it when I see bags on bathroom floors. It's so gross, it makes me nauseous. In restaurants, I put it in a chair next to me and cover it with a pretty scarf or even a clean napkin. Or if my back is to a wall and there's no foot traffic going on behind me, I'll hang it on a chair. Otherwise, if it fits, I'll keep it on my lap. I just can't put my bags onto the floor no more than I could let my kids crawl around on floors in public places when they were little. I did pick up some of those purse hooks at Linens and Things and it's kinda flimsy and cheap feeling. I think it will work out okay but I need to find a sturdier one or atleast one with a longer arm. I'm a self confessed germophobe and proud of it! :peace:

True*Fidelity

Where Are They Now?
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
So far, not if I can help it. If I must, then not without something between my beloved and the floor (such as a napkin or hankie).