Do you match the hardware on your bags and accessories?

I was thinking of this just now getting ready for the day! Yes, sometimes it bothers me. But today I have an older legacy bag with brass hardware and I'm wearing a silver bangle. I mostly match accessories to my outfit and bags don't exactly count as accessories to me. So my bangle matches my top and my bag is just what I wanted to use for the day.

I always have them match. It's just one of those things for me. I'm not an overly matchy type person - I don't need the matching wallets and such, but I do have to have my bling-bling metals match my bag metals.

I have mostly yellow gold jewelry and it doesn't bother me to carry a bag with silver-colored hardware. What does bother me and I can't do is have the metal color of a fob not match the metal color of the bag. Needless to say, I have two wonderful brass-colored fobs (brass with queen bee and brass with green frog) that I am looking for the perfect bag(s) to hang them from.

I avoid this issue but only using silver metal. On all my stuff, bags, belts, shoes, jewelery, etc. Even my grandmothers pearls, I had the clasp switched out to an antique silver one.

It makes things easier.

It doesn't bother me for accessories that go in my bags, but it would for things like fobs. I mostly do gold/brass, but if I find a great accessory with silver hardware I don't think twice about it.

This issue used to plague me. As well as the issue of choosing black accessories vs. brown ... which color would coordinate with more...now I get both, ha! ... I used to agonize about the hardware when choosing a handbag. This year, DH got me a 2-tone pandora bracelet and yurman-esque cable bangle, and I got myself a fossil goldtone aviator watch, so now I don't worry about the metals anymore. My wedding set is white gold, but it looks just fine next to my goldtone watch. My 2 tone bracelet brings it all together. Sometimes I wear a big earring in either color. It usually all looks just fine regardless of my handbag hardware color. One less thing to worry about! The only time I really pay attention to it, is if I'm dressing for business or dinner and I have a huge silver jewelry piece on. If I wear a really large silver statement piece, then I like to have my hardware coordinate. However, in most cases I've set myself free from that dilemma! Along these lines, I was at a business meeting yesterday and one of the women was wearing a rose gold Kors watch with the crystal bezel and it looked just gorgeous with all the mixed metals she was wearing. It was proof that it all goes together!

Sorry, I have so much to say on this topic, LOL! The other thing that helped me get over it was my Dooney bags. Dooney bags only come in gold tone hardware and after awhile I realized it looks fine to have silver jewelry and carry a Dooney with gold hardware. I wanted to carry them so badly I didn't care. Having gotten back into Coach, I like that they use both colors of hardware depending on the style. It's nice to have the variety to keep it interesting!

I don't necessarily buy exact match accessories with my bag, but for some reason it bugs me to mix silver hardware accessories to brass hardware bags and vice versa. I am trying to get past this because I have a brass h/w bag coming and my current accessories are silver h/w which I love and don't want to have to buy new ones right now.

Anyone else? Or does it completely not bother you to have both going on? thanks!

edit: sorry- I meant purse accessories like wallet/wristlet, etc! sorry

I always match -- it just bugs me if my bag hardware does not match my accessories. The only exception is if the bag HW is dark metal (pewter?), and then I feel like it's neutral, and I can wear any accessories with it.

I don't like PHW on a bag when one wears a LOT of gold jewelry - BIG gold jewelry. But I'm not bothered by GHW on a bag with white gold or platinum jewelry - probably because it's usually not too big.