do you eat in restaurants by yourself?

wow i really didnt realize so many people enjoyed going out to eat by themselves... i am definitely going to have to try it. This whole thread reminds me of an episode of SATC where Samantha gets stood up and the girls talk about their eatting alone gear, sunglasses books etc.

chinchillamoose said:
I also LOVE going to see a movie alone. It's rare that my friends arrive on time, which means crappy seats or missing the trailers.

i go alone to movies more often than i do with company...i haven different tastes in movies than a lot of people i know AND everyone i know is a movie talker (including me!) so sometimes it's nice to JUST pay attention to the movie than come up with color commentary all the time. hehe. although when it's a bad movie you kind of wish you had someone to mystery science theater it with you. :smile:

I do if I ever get a chance to. I don't give a hoot what people think, it probably is the only chance I can just think of myself for an hour or two. I usually have to cook 2-3 different meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My DH is vegetarian, my 87 dad is on a strict diet, then there is my 4 yr. old, who is actually the easiest...I just have to be more imaginative with his meals. So, whenever I can grab a meal alone in a restaurant, it's like heaven. At my age, I'm very comfortable in my own skin.

kymmie said:
One of my rituals is going to IHOP (reallly classy, right!) around 5am on Saturday mornings for blueberry pancakes - ALONE.

kymmie is SO right about the "ritual" aspect of eating alone :yes: . my significant other is not much for eating out (partly for medical reasons), while i love to cook and try out new places and dishes. so instead of pressuring him to come out with me, i go alone. i've never had any problems with eating out by myself, going to movies or museums or concerts alone, etc. my life often moves so fast that i relish not having to make small talk, not having to rush or slow down to accommodate other people, taking my own sweet time, analyzing what's on my plate or having the luxury of "spacing out". i can read, daydream, think about my writing and let the day (or evening) unfold. and if anyone around me makes any judgments about "the lady eating by herself" -- that's their problem! :biggrin:

Hate to eat out alone -- I'll get take-out and bring it home and watch a movie instead. I LOVE being home alone and it rarely happens for me.

I also prefer to shop alone the majority of the time. When I visit my mom, shopping and eating out is what we do all day, every day! :lol:

I've never actually ate at a restaurant alone, food court yes. I think that's something I should try doing. I've been to movies alone. I figure its in the dark u can't really talk to the person anyways. I think I get embarrassed really easy.

I used to be really self conscious about eating alone but then I realized....nobody cares!!! Nobody is paying attention to you....they could care less if you're eating alone!! I also got more comfortable with myself in general as I got older so that made a huge difference.

Now I eat alone all the time and I love it...:yes:

for serious shopping, i like to go alone. so, yes, i eat alone, anywhere. food courts, restaurants, malls. just make sure to bring a book or magazine. it's heaven.
i'm akinda person who loves to have times alone. :P