do you eat in restaurants by yourself?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. just curious. i know for some people it's not a big deal and for others they -never- would.

i do a lot. probably upwards of 2x a week. i don't cook, my hubby works odd hours, and i don't have a lot of friends in my town (they all live in the city). i loathe fast food, so it's almost always a sit down place. i just take a book and enjoy myself. i never feel like people are looking or judging me. maybe they are, but i don't really mind...i'm just hungry. :biggrin:

so, do you?

2. I have before I had kids and my husband worked later...I would take a magazine and relax. It was kind of nice, and I never cared what anyone thought.

3. i'm quite comfortable eatting in sit-down restaurants alone. i think my freshman year in college did it to me - everyone's classes were at odd hours, so on the days that none of my friends were out of class when i was hungry, i'd starve if i didn't eat in the dining hall alone!

i like to shop alone, and i hate food court food, so i eat alone in restaurants often in malls. i don't think anyone's judging me, i usually see at least a couple other people eatting by themselves.

4. Yes, sometimes when I want to be alone, have lunch and read a nice book.

5. I do in food courts, or deli's and things like that, but in restaurants it makes me uncomfortable. I'd need a stack of magazines.

6. same!!! :yes:

7. when i'm travelling alone i do, but otherwise not usually

8. Yes I do!!!

There used to be a time when I didn't because I felt embarassed. But def. not anymore :P

9. Same here. When I go out to eat I prefer having GREAT conversation with my BF, friends or a family member, but if I'm travelling no worries there.

10. I do.

I used to do that more often while in college. So many of my friends were broke but I still wanted to try out the hot restaurants, so I'd go by myself. (Yes, sometimes I would invite my friends and pay for them but some of them started to expect it so I stopped....)

11. I do that too...
    I really like it..sometime I like it too much

12. haha, i do that sometimes. i'm the only one of my friends that works, so sometimes i pay just because i think it's nice of them to agree to go with me even though a dinner out comprises a fairly large chunk of their monthly stipend from their parents, at least compared to my paycheck. i don't ever offer until after they agree to go with me, though, because i don't want to deal with the psychological implications of having to bribe my friends to spend time with me :roflmfao:

13. I don't like to eat alone...but I do like to shop alone.

14. absolutely! In a home w/ 2yr old twins boys and a CHATTY 5 yr old little girl, not to mention my VERY CHATTY DH. . . I LOVE a nice lunch alone!
    Or dinner!

15. yes i enjoy it! i usually do it when bf is out of town... me myself and i!good food, gossip mag.. i'm set!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice