Discuss: Hermes Informative Guide

Hello, Lovely Ladies!

After many years in the Marc Jacobs, Chanel, and Temperley of London forums, I am now joining Hermes in a big way! :biggrin:

2 questions:

(1) With the Birkin inside zipper, WHEN (year) was the metal "H" added to the far end of the zipper? :confused1:

(2) Although I have nothing yet to authenticate, how do I locate the 3rd Birken "Authenticate This" thread? (I have asked Vlad, but I suspect that they are really, really busy!) :party: I have followed the first two threads all of the way to their ends; closed down because of its length, the 1st thread links you to the 2nd. The 2nd one is also closed now (October 2010, I think), but does not link to a 3rd. So if any of you know where to go for Birkin authentications, please let me know! :sunshine:

Thanks so much!

Hi.. I'm new to this forum.. I just bought b35 etoile stamp K, and I think I got a fake dustbag ><.. Is it true that stamp K should be orange dustbag? And the new dustbag started at stamp L? Mine's the new one, but there's only one circle (like the orange dustbag), not two circle like the newer version.. I hope this makes sense lol.. TIA ^o^

Hi.. I'm new to this forum.. I just bought b35 etoile stamp K, and I think I got a fake dustbag ><.. Is it true that stamp K should be orange dustbag? And the new dustbag started at stamp L? Mine's the new one, but there's only one circle (like the orange dustbag), not two circle like the newer version.. I hope this makes sense lol.. TIA ^o^

If you want to ask authenticators to look at the Birkin bag (not the dustbag, we dont authenticate dustbags) you can post pictures in the authentication thread. Please be sure and follow all the guidelines in the first post of the thread, including where you got the bag from.

From what I understand, anything purchased at a sale should have an S stamped on it somewhere. On bags, I've seen photos of it stamped next to the Hermes Paris stamp.
Would anyone know if you have a bag marked with a "S" could you still bring it in to get it refurbished? ...still get the same treatment as any other bag???

Hi, I want to know if anyone can help with the date code. I'm not sure if this the right place to post.

I'm looking at the "H birkin 35 red clemence leather gold Hdwe". The
Blind stamp is: 1 R P(in a box).

I checked the ref. and it doesn't make sense 2011 is up to N so P would be 2013.

Does that mean the bag is fake? Does anyone know what yr is the bag?

Thanks!

Hi, I want to know if anyone can help with the date code. I'm not sure if this the right place to post.

I'm looking at the "H birkin 35 red clemence leather gold Hdwe". The
Blind stamp is: 1 R P(in a box).

I checked the ref. and it doesn't make sense 2011 is up to N so P would be 2013.

Does that mean the bag is fake? Does anyone know what yr is the bag?

Thanks!

This will help you figure out production dates of bags
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/reference-date-stamps-by-year-115238.html

is anyone know a hermes reference on hermes dustbag, I know hermes has had dustbag with herringbone, the orange cotton?and brown suede?, but recently I had a brown cotton dustbag (kind of thin compared to others) from vintage kelly, I wonder wether hermes has had this before..thank you