disappointed in a repair...

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I just don't understand it. Coach has always been so great to me. Of course, I've never had to send a bag in for repair. Now I'm paranoid and hope I never have to.

I can understand your frustration about having to drive back and forth so many times. Did you mention that to the person you just spoke with? You can't leave it up to the company to do the right thing, sometimes big companies just don't think that way. It also depends on who you speak with. You should call them back, if you can, and tell them that while the letter will be good, you would also like some compensation for the additional time, effort, and gas you've spent trying to rectify a problem that they should have taken care of the first time. Ask them what they intend to do about that.

Oh kall, so sorry this happened and no, you're not overreacting. Between the botched repair (and staining your bag, "just on the pocket" or not, is a botched repair in my book) and the craptacular follow-up from both cs and the SAs, I would feel the same way. And the fact that you spend tons on Coach should have made them go above and beyond to keep you satisfied.

^I agree, which is whyI feel she should try speaking to them again and come out and ask for more to be done. If they don't comply she might want to tell them that this whole fiasco has made her seriously reconsider ever purchasing from Coach again. She's a huge buyer, I think they would be stupid not to try and do better for her.

i did mention it when she called. granted, i was still asleep (hehe). but she said they were sending a credit and asked if that was okay. i said yes, but that didn't make up for the driving i had to do and all the wait time. she said she was sorry and told me to have a nice day. wth?

and it IS making me rethink coach. while i appreciate that they repair things and/or send credits...i don't know. something isn't sitting well with me.

^^^^ could be the fact that gas is over $3 a gallon these days and you had to keep driving back and forth to get them to do what they probably should have done in the first place! I hate when you have a bad experience w/a company and it turns you off from all their products - happened to my dh and I w/Perry Ellis and a pair of shoes he really wanted. To this day, we won't buy from them and he really wants those shoes. And we didn't have a long-standing relationship w/that company like you do w/Coach. I think that's what is the worst thing about this - you are so loyal to them and then they do shoddy work, basically tell you to suck it up and deal and make YOU work to get the right thing done. I'm even getting a bad taste from it and it didn't happen to me!

i did mention it when she called. granted, i was still asleep (hehe). but she said they were sending a credit and asked if that was okay. i said yes, but that didn't make up for the driving i had to do and all the wait time. she said she was sorry and told me to have a nice day. wth?

and it IS making me rethink coach. while i appreciate that they repair things and/or send credits...i don't know. something isn't sitting well with me.

But that's the thing, all you did was mention it. She asked if the settlement they had thought of would be okay and you agreed to it. You basically told them that was all they needed to do for you.

What you need to do is call them back and tell them that on second thought, the credit is not enough. Make sure you speak to a supervisor, phone counselors don't have the authority to approve this kind of thing on their own usually.

Tell them that you spend thousands of dollars each year with their company, (maybe even go through your bank records and receipts and figure out on average how much you spend, or ask the supe to look it up on the computer and actually SEE the numbers) and you normally love Coach products but that this whole experience has really left a sour taste in your mouth.

Tell them that everyone you've spoken with about this has agreed with you that the service you've received from Coach has been atrocious, and tell them that the credit for the bag isn't enough.

Figure out exactly how many times you've had to drive back and forth to Coach to resolve this issue, starting with the first time when you dropped the bag off at the store in the beginning. Actually calculate how many miles you've traveled, and how many hours you've taken. Also, figure out how much money you've spent in mileage driving back and forth to the store about this. Make sure you have all of that information handy when you speak with the supervisor. Be as specific as possible. Even have the actual dates you've done it, and the names of the people you've dealt with if you can.

Tell him/her that the credit simply isn't enough, and ask for what you want. Tell him/her that you would like to be reimbursed for all the money you spent trying to resolve this issue because of their defective product. Ask for whatever it is that you would need to get from them, in order for your faith to be restored in the company.

You can't just "mention" things to these people. You have to be specific, unfortunately. And you have to be aggressive and tell them what they need to do to make this right with you.

You should also tell them how very distasteful it's been that you had to force them to do the right thing. They're a multimillion dollar company and you spend thousands of dollars a year with them, and it sucks that they are making you go through all this work just to make things right.

Make sure that you tell them if they don't make this right with you, that you won't be buying Coach anymore, and that you will be telling everyone you know on the Purse Forum and elsewhere about what happened to you.

thanks so much stophle!

i had no idea i could be unhappy and ask for something, kwim? yes, i agree to what they offered...but it was a "yeah, i guess that's okay" sort of thing.

I know girl. I'm the same way. I HATE asking for things that I want from companies. I feel pushy and uncomfortable doing it. Unfortunately, sometimes we just have to force the issue.

Honestly, what can it hurt to ask for what you want? Already you're going to get the credit, and you're unsatisfied. You're never going to get anything else unless you ask. And you have to make it clear they're losing a high buying customer for life over something so small and stupid as atrocious service.

That's the thing. I don't think the issue is the botched repair. Yes, that's sad and you're bummed about it, but the real issue seems to be how they've treated you afterward. If they had come out and apologized profusely, and not made you feel stupid for having a problem with the bad repair job, then you would have been alright with just the credit. But because they treated you badly, and made you feel that you were having an issue for no reason, they've now insulted you.

Make sure you tell them that too. That the problem isn't the money, but your faith and trust in the company has been shattered. You loved Coach, and bought things faithfully, and normally are very impressed with their craftsmanship. One time you have a problem, and one time you ask them to make it right, and look how they belittled you!

You have to make it clear to the supervisor that the problem isn't money, and that you aren't just being greedy, but that you're needing them to really show you how sorry they are about all of this. Tell the supe that you kept hoping Coach would do the right thing on their own, but that you've seen they aren't going to do it, and now you're going to ask them specifically to do this thing to really restore your faith in them.

Be calm, when you speak to them. Don't yell or curse, it will only turn them off. (I used to work in Customer Service on the phone for an insurance company, so I speak from experience.) Be patient, and explain your case clearly.

Tell them exactly what you require them to do in order to get you to stay using their company, or else you'll have lost complete faith in them and will from now on be taking your money elsewhere, because you are insulted to the core and that won't go away if they don't make it right.

The problem is, they don't get the gravity of what's happened. Right now I think all they see is that you had a broken turnlock, they fixed it, and to them you're just being nitpicky and pitching a fit for something they think is stupid. You have to make sure they fully understand the insult they've dealt to you. That's why I'm telling you to be specific, and have actual names, and numbers, and amounts of time and money spent. Tell them exactly what was said to you that was insulting and belittling, and tell them how it made you feel. You have to make sure they really get what's gone on and that it isn't just a stupid, small issue.

stophle, i should just give you my info and have you call for me. :P

you're right- the repair itself isn't the problem. crap happens, i understand. but i felt like such a loser when i was there that it was ridiculous. they made me feel like i was some loser kid.

so let me ask...what would be fair compensation? kwim? what can they do? it takes an hour to get there (so 2 hours roundtrip)- i did that for each time i took it in, plus what it's going to take me to get back there and try to find something else.

^Tell them that! Tell them that when they said those things to you, they made you, a Coach loving, Coach faithful, Coach defending, big Coach spending customer feel unvalued, unappreciated, and worthless.

Let me ask you back, what could Coach do, that would restore your faith in them? Really think about it.

I think the very LEAST they should do, is refund the money for the bag, which they're already doing. They need to show you they feel bad about what they've done, and that they do appreciate having you as a customer. What will it take for you to feel that way about Coach again?

If the supervisor asks you, "Well what can we do?" Turn it around on them and ask them, "I don't know, what CAN you do?"

Will it take reimbursement for mileage? Will it take a formal letter of apology from a Coach higher-up? Will it take a special discount for a future purchase? Will it take a free keyfob or charm? What can Coach do to make you feel special to them again? What can they do to make you really feel that they are sorry?

Right now it isn't about fair. It's about them really and truly apologizing for what's happened, and not just paying reluctant lip service to you. And so far, I don't think you've gotten that from anyone.

I am so sorry about the bag. That totally sucks that you had to go through all of that.

I do have a questions though. Can't you use the credit online? I know they have free shipping over 150.00 or something to that effect and then it will be delivered right to your door and you can save on gas! Just a thought....keep us updated on what happens!

rudegal, credits can be used online, but not jax letters. i can call the 800 number and order something, but i haven't had a chance to see any of the new stuff in person. and everytime i order something, i never end up liking it. so i end up having to drive there anyways.

and stophle...i'd have to think about it. ideally, i'd love a letter of apology and something equivalent to the gas and time i spent (it takes me 1/2 tank to get there and back, and i've done it at least twice...i just filled up yesterday for $40, damn gas!). i left coach feeling hurt, which totally sucks. and it's been, what, a month since i started this thread and even longer since it was sent in- so i've been dealing with this for over 2 months? that's crazy.

Kallison - I think Stophle is on the right track. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Stophle - did you ever know that you're my hero :winkiss:? Seriously though, I'm quite impressed with the suggestions!