Dior Chat Thread

anybody know if they'll re-stock the Valentines Day collection? I went to the boutique yesterday with the intent on purchasing:
- https://www.dior.com/en_us/fashion/...uifp&queryID=f287afa7276719c2f833f770dc7b4365

The SA said he didn't have any in-stock but could probably order it for me so I paid in full. Today he texted me that it was indeed sold out, I wouldn't be receiving it and he would be issuing me a refund.

Am pretty disappointed, I know it's not his fault but he didn't seem to think it'd be restocked. Has anyone *hopefully* heard differently?

Honestly, that's quite misleading of the SA. I was also interested in the Valentines collection and went to the Dior boutique in person to try my luck, though unfortunately they did not have what I wanted. The SA checked the stock on the system and told me there were 5 of the particular item left in the whole company. She said I could have one shipped from a different location but otherwise that was it.

I'm not sure why your SA would have you pay in full without a guarantee that he'd have the product in hand. Frankly I'd be turned off from purchasing from him.

Honestly, that's quite misleading of the SA. I was also interested in the Valentines collection and went to the Dior boutique in person to try my luck, though unfortunately they did not have what I wanted. The SA checked the stock on the system and told me there were 5 of the particular item left in the whole company. She said I could have one shipped from a different location but otherwise that was it.

I'm not sure why your SA would have you pay in full without a guarantee that he'd have the product in hand. Frankly I'd be turned off from purchasing from him.
TBH the whole interaction turned me off. I walked in, he asked me what I was looking for and I said I had a few screenshots. The first one was the wallet and he immediately said "no, sold out." THEN another customer walked in and it almost seemed like he was going to dismiss me and start helping the new customer (I guess he saw I wasn't looking to spend $6k today on a bag, and thought it wasn't worth his time). I then politely said I had a few other things from this collection that I was interested in.

He then said he could try to order me the wallet (the one I originally wanted), and I said "yes, please check, that is what I'd prefer." He went to check and confirmed that he could order it for me. He even showed me the same wallet in a different color to make sure I liked it and then he rang it up, I paid in full and he handed me two receipts and said that the wallet would be delivered to my house. I left the store thinking it was purchased. I was pretty disappointed the next day when he texted me that it was "sold out."

I know it's not the end of the world, but was overall confused by the interaction.

hi, how do i find out how many collections are released a year and how early can i see what’s in each collection ? i have some buyers remorse now because i bought a bag three weeks ago and then one week after that, my SA texted with pictures of the new collection which is meant to launch at the end of feb 😂 so im trying to avoid such a situation if i can 😂 thank you

I’m trying to figure this out myself. I went into the boutique and tried on the small d-joy in iridescent yellow and it’s exquisite. The SA told me it’s different from patent, but it feels similar - glossier than lamb but less wet looking/shiny than patent. It’s also a coated leather and has this gorgeous pearl shimmer that made my heart skip a beat. But I read the coating can rub off from lotion and wear and tear, and not easily repaired.. Debating if I should just stick with the regular lambskin or to take a risk. The iridescent leather is :love:.
Thank you so much! I see, I'll be visiting the store next Saturday to see this and the crinkled toujours. Hopefully it lives up to what you've written!!

TBH the whole interaction turned me off. I walked in, he asked me what I was looking for and I said I had a few screenshots. The first one was the wallet and he immediately said "no, sold out." THEN another customer walked in and it almost seemed like he was going to dismiss me and start helping the new customer (I guess he saw I wasn't looking to spend $6k today on a bag, and thought it wasn't worth his time). I then politely said I had a few other things from this collection that I was interested in.

He then said he could try to order me the wallet (the one I originally wanted), and I said "yes, please check, that is what I'd prefer." He went to check and confirmed that he could order it for me. He even showed me the same wallet in a different color to make sure I liked it and then he rang it up, I paid in full and he handed me two receipts and said that the wallet would be delivered to my house. I left the store thinking it was purchased. I was pretty disappointed the next day when he texted me that it was "sold out."

I know it's not the end of the world, but was overall confused by the interaction.
Quick update--I have been keeping an eye on the link and kept refreshing and refreshing and it finally said "Add to Cart." I immediately made the purchase!!

Interesting enough, I requested to receive an alert when it was back in stock, but never received it--just had to check at the right time.

Reactions: lovingmochi
Has anybody ever been locked out of purchasing from Dior.com (possibly just their cosmetics section)? I tried to purchase some gift sets last month as a first time customer, but the order could never go through (I think the error was that payment failed, and to attempt using another credit card). I think where it first went wrong was that I recently moved and my billing and shipping addresses are different, but I had accidentally put my billing address as the same address I use for shipping. I tried to submit my order twice before I realized my mistake, changed my billing address, and payment still was not going through. The payments were making it through to my bank, but when I called Dior, CS told me that there could be numerous reasons why Dior's payment system was rejecting it. CS claimed they aren't able to investigate any further, can't resolve my issue, and suggested I go to any of their authorized distributors to purchase instead (I really wanted that holiday packaging so I wanted to buy from Dior.com). I tried making multiple accounts and even tried my partner's credit cards, but they didn't go through. Finally only got it working when I asked my brother in another state to help me purchase (so his address and credit card). The worse thing is that a couple weeks later, we tried to use his account to then ship to my address, and then he couldn't make any purchases anymore from this account. It's as if anything with my name, and maybe my address, is suddenly flagged on their system. I called CS over the phone several times over this issue; I haven't reached out to them through email concerning this issue because I noticed they were delaying replies to other inquiries for weeks.

I haven't tried purchasing from Dior.com's couture side / non-cosmetics since it seems like the boutique experience is generally a safer bet anyways, but I do worry if one day I wanted to buy something online, I'd get the same issues again.
Hi! did your Dior beauty on line account ever get fixed? I'm having the same issue :sad: 😞 I placed many orders during November and December and all of a sudden my account says that name and billing address don't match. I've called Customer service many times, contacted them by chat and mail..nothing works. They always say that they're going to escalate the problem but that's it. It's been 2 months already. I'm afraid that my account will still be blocked by my birthday and I will lose my platinum gift. Frustrating.

Hello! New Dior enthusiast here :smile:. Can someone please confirm that the Dior spa service exists for all Dior bags, regardless of whether they are classics or seasonals? What is the price range for the spa? Asking because Chanel’s spa is generally limited to classics black bags only… Thx!

Dear Dior Lovers!

I made my very first Dior purchase last week: a lavender Miss Caro. I had to do 2 exchanges and still ended up dissatisfied. The lambskin felt plasticky and there were finish defects. Have you encountered same issues with your Miss Caros? Or your Lady Diors? The defects were found within 12 hours of purchase, with the plastic protectors and the tags still on, so I definitely did not cause those. I was also the first one in my state to purchase that particular Miss Caro - it was still freshly wrap in the box and not on display. SA took it out and sold it to me pre-launch.

After processing the return, SA hinted that maybe I should consider not buying lambskin next time (because it is delicate), and that "someone" must have caused those when handling the bag in and out of the dust bag or when trying it (unlikely given that the bag has not been on display yet...). I think this is gaslighting a bit, considering that this isn't my first lambskin bag (I have 8 from Chanel) and I know bags shouldn't be fragile like that. Thoughts? Any other similar issues 😞?

Photos are from the 2 (identical) bags!

IMG_7062.jpegIMG_7063.jpegIMG_6967.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: BB8
Dear Dior Lovers!

I made my very first Dior purchase last week: a lavender Miss Caro. I had to do 2 exchanges and still ended up dissatisfied. The lambskin felt plasticky and there were finish defects. Have you encountered same issues with your Miss Caros? Or your Lady Diors? The defects were found within 12 hours of purchase, with the plastic protectors and the tags still on, so I definitely did not cause those. I was also the first one in my state to purchase that particular Miss Caro - it was still freshly wrap in the box and not on display. SA took it out and sold it to me pre-launch.

After processing the return, SA hinted that maybe I should consider not buying lambskin next time (because it is delicate), and that "someone" must have caused those when handling the bag in and out of the dust bag or when trying it (unlikely given that the bag has not been on display yet...). I think this is gaslighting a bit, considering that this isn't my first lambskin bag (I have 8 from Chanel) and I know bags shouldn't be fragile like that. Thoughts? Any other similar issues 😞?

Photos are from the 2 (identical) bags!

View attachment 5970787View attachment 5970788View attachment 5970789
Lambskin is not that delicate. Looks like the lambskin got into contact with something sharp, perhaps a tool used in making the bag.

Noted. Thanks for confirming. It is still frustrating that the "sharp cut" issues happened with 2 bags (and one of those 2 arrived through an interstate store transfer...). Maybe I should try another Dior style. Or even another color of Miss Dior.

Reactions: averagejoe