Design Your Own Rogue

I call b.s.! That is NOT an naturally occuring imperfection in the leather! There is no dye there for whatever reason. The only time I have seen that is when somethings gets stuck to the leather and pulls the thin upper coating off the leather in spots and takes the dye with it. I'm not saying that's what happened with your bag, just that its a DEFECT and not a naturally occuring abnormality in the leather. If your bag had of been dark colored, that defect would stick out like a sore thumb.

Maybe you should take your photos and send a letter along with the photos to someone higher up the food chain. As much as those MTO bags cost, they should be more careful in the making of them and not try to cover up when the leathermaker makes a mess of the bag or uses damaged leather.....or the when the SA sends a bag with man-made imperfections to customers.

That's ridiculous! You mean to tell me if a company continues to send me defective product it's oh well??! The first time the bag was defective and they made another one out of courtesy??? How about they produce one that isn't defective? That is so not right! Tell Kyle you're going to let every Coachie on TPF know their policy!

I was thinking of sending a letter because basically I can never get my bag. He didn't say this, but I feel like I'm banned from ever ordering a mto.

I talked to them. At first Kyle just wanted me to try the leather moisturizer. He said those spots can darken over time with the moisturizer. I said that I thought that was unfair. He said the other thing they can do is send a return label and refund the bag. They refuse to make another one. I told him to just send me the label then, but that I still think it's unfair. He said the first return was just a one time courtesy, and that this one doesn't have defects that it's just imperfections in the leather which is normal.

That's just bad business. The blemishes are VERY obvious and they are NOT normal! I also think you should ask to speak with a manager. You're dropping $1000 on a bag, that's not chump change! You deserve a pristine bag.
This just turns me off from buying a MTO. Shame on them.

I talked to them. At first Kyle just wanted me to try the leather moisturizer. He said those spots can darken over time with the moisturizer. I said that I thought that was unfair. He said the other thing they can do is send a return label and refund the bag. They refuse to make another one. I told him to just send me the label then, but that I still think it's unfair. He said the first return was just a one time courtesy, and that this one doesn't have defects that it's just imperfections in the leather which is normal.

Do you want the rogue or prefer a refund? I would say to reorder with different color combinations and hope for a much better outcome. I'm surprised they couldn't rush order a replacement for you in the first place.

Reactions: Hobbsy
Do you want the rogue or prefer a refund? I would say to reorder with different color combinations and hope for a much better outcome. I'm surprised they couldn't rush order a replacement for you in the first place.

When Laura my sales rep asked what she could do to make it better, I said to have her reorder the bag, rush it if possible, and for my trouble a coupon that can be used on 1941. She said she had to talk to her manager. Then Kyle called me a little later overruling it. I really want that bag, but I do not trust that it won't be messed up again. I don't even know what would happen if I called Laura up asking to order another color. I think Kyle would stop her.

When Laura my sales rep asked what she could do to make it better, I said to have her reorder the bag, rush it if possible, and for my trouble a coupon that can be used on 1941. She said she had to talk to her manager. Then Kyle called me a little later overruling it. I really want that bag, but I do not trust that it won't be messed up again. I don't even know what would happen if I called Laura up asking to order another color. I think Kyle would stop her.
If Kyle is not the store manager, I'd speak directly to the manager. I know that the MTO is kinda of a seperate thing, but that manager can give you the number of Kyle's manager / supervisor over the MTO's. Whether or not you want try for another one, that should be your choice, not his. So unless you signed an agreement that states you have to accept what they send you, there is no 'courtesy return' or whatever he called it. They need to know you aren't an overly picky customer, but one who has received two unacceptable bags......one because of shoddy workmanship and the other because of damaged leather.

Ha e you had any resolution with your bag?

Ha e you had any resolution with your bag?

The first return tag they sent me had my address on it and not Coach as the address to send the return to. I had gotten all the way to ups and waited in line when I noticed it. I had to drive all the way home and get them to fix it, and then drive all the way back. Kyle put the refund through today, though. I had tried asking my sales rep Laura if I was officially banned from the mto program, but she never answered. I don't know if she was told not to talk to me or what. I'm just going to let it go. Instead of going through my sales rep when I want to order something, I will just order online.

The first return tag they sent me had my address on it and not Coach as the address to send the return to. I had gotten all the way to ups and waited in line when I noticed it. I had to drive all the way home and get them to fix it, and then drive all the way back. Kyle put the refund through today, though. I had tried asking my sales rep Laura if I was officially banned from the mto program, but she never answered. I don't know if she was told not to talk to me or what. I'm just going to let it go. Instead of going through my sales rep when I want to order something, I will just order online.
This whole situation stinks. Would you still like to do a mto rogue?

This whole situation stinks. Would you still like to do a mto rogue?

It sure does. I really want the rogue I created yes, however I do not have any trust that the bag won't be messed up in some way. The first thing I suggested was another exchange, but that was refused. I'm really tired of being treated as an inconvenience when I'm not the one causing the issues with the bags. They put me into a no win situation to cover their own rear ends. To me it makes no sense to have the mto rogues go to ny for final inspection when they really aren't doing a good job inspecting them. All it does is raise the cost of the bags because you have to pay that really high ny sales tax because that's the ship to address.

Reactions: rkiz
It sure does. I really want the rogue I created yes, however I do not have any trust that the bag won't be messed up in some way. The first thing I suggested was another exchange, but that was refused. I'm really tired of being treated as an inconvenience when I'm not the one causing the issues with the bags. They put me into a no win situation to cover their own rear ends. To me it makes no sense to have the mto rogues go to ny for final inspection when they really aren't doing a good job inspecting them. All it does is raise the cost of the bags because you have to pay that really high ny sales tax because that's the ship to address.
I just sent you a message.