Curling Iron Wand...Worth it?

I've been seeing a lot of these new curling irons that you just wrap your hair around and there is no clip....whats the advantage of this versus a traditional curling iron? Is it worth it to buy one?

TIA!
Just wanted to update you all - I went ahead and bought a remington pearl curling wand, the smaller one...its AMAZING! The curls are SO much better than my old clamp curling iron. Also, it is SO easy and fool proof and I get perfect results literally every time. I HIGHLY recommend it! yay!

Remington t-studio pearl from Target. It's under $25 & my daughter loves hers. She's and it for over a year and when she curls her hair with it it lasts 2-3 days . That's my recommendation .

Same here. I bought the smaller one when it was the only one out and bought the wide barrel one the following year. Both are amazing and leave you with the shiniest, softest curls.

The Remington Pearl is $25 and under, but I would have paid double for how great they work.

I think it depends what type of hair you have and the type of curl you're trying to achieve. I have hard to curl hair and so the wand is great. For some reason, the curls last!

Ulta currently has the ultra chi wand on sale and I think there may even be a promo code. It's about $50 off retail. I have the .7-1" barrel and LOVE it!

Same here. I bought the smaller one when it was the only one out and bought the wide barrel one the following year. Both are amazing and leave you with the shiniest, softest curls.

The Remington Pearl is $25 and under, but I would have paid double for how great they work.

Which one do you like ? My daughter has no said she wants the larger one now.how different is the result of the curls between the two ?
Thanks !

I've never needed the wands--I just start about a few inches from the roots and slowly curl as I go down. You want to keep it loose to avoid dents and always leave a few inches at the bottom uncurled (to get a more natural and less ringlety look). I keep the iron upright and it works great.

I had a curling iron and took off the clamp and the results were not that great. It's not the same I don't think. Went to Sephora and bought an actual curling wand and wow, better results and long lasting!!

My hairdresser tested one on me a couple of months ago. She didn't like it and doesn't use it and frankly I didn't like it either..regular curling iron for me worked better.

Nope! You can literally just remove the clamp from yours if you want to try it ;)

The only curling iron I've ever had is clipless. I didn't go out of my way to get a clipless one - I got it at a Costco roadshow. It's an Enzo Milano and I'm so used to using this kind that I don't think I'd like one with a clip. I'm thinking about getting one with a smaller barrel and they're not that easy to find. Good to know that I can remove the clip.