Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I use Fiebings leather cement. I squeeze a bit on a piece of paper, dip a toothpick, and use the toothpick to spread the glue under the edges of the piping where the hole is. The piping gets wet and soft from the glue, and I pull it together over the hole. Sometimes I roll over a clean toothpick to smooth it out. I hold it together for a bit and then it dries. Ideally, you’d have just a thin line where the edges of the piping met over the hole. If you can get a close match with acrylics, you can mix a drop with the leather conditioner (I use Leather Therapy) and put it on with your finger.
I have fiebings leather filler and repair, would that work on the piping as well, I’m new to this forum and love seeing all the experienced coach bag lovers. Look forward to it. Thanks everyone!

Another smell bag. :sad: I can't figure out what kind of smell this is, either. I just know it's unpleasant. I dunked with dawn. I stuck outside. It's better, but still there. It's almost a chemical smell, like "plasticy." Maybe the former owner sprayed water repellant on the bag? Or some kind of strange body odor... The inside of the bag does not smell. Next!! My coffee grounds. It's a nice bag, got it very inexpensively.

Attachments

• smell bag.jpg
    smell bag.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 14
I think the bag is cool looking! I think I would just keep it with the spots.
Oh, my goodness, but this bag is blowing my Leather CPR budget! It's unbelievably thirsty. I know it's possible to overcondition so I'm trying to pace myself. I apply lotion and the bag is dry to the touch almost instantly. Theres not much if any excess to wipe off. I've never worked with leather this dry and it's kind of freaking me out.

Reactions: ConnieinSeattle
I have searched, I know I saw the answer the other night, but can't find it now. Recommended products are Apple Leather Care Conditioner, Blackrock Leather N Rich and Leather CPR Cleaner and Conditioner? I have a renewed :heart: for my Coach bags and have added a couple via thrift, etc. that need some attention. In the past I have used Doc Marten's Wonder Balm. Have I hurt my bags with that product? It's made of coconut oil, beeswax, and lanolin.

Best method for fixing this? I got this beautiful vintage backpack and it's perfect except for this. I tried pushing the little piece back into place and gluing it down: that didn't stick. Should I snip it?

Attachments

• 20240510_195225.jpg
    20240510_195225.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 10
If you snip it, will you lose the "rounding" across the corner ? Since it does not stick, will you wind up with 2 pieces that do not stick ?
Can you push this piece back further into it's channel. (I think it is called a welt cord, but not sure :smile: )

Reactions: whateve
If you snip it, will you lose the "rounding" across the corner ? Since it does not stick, will you wind up with 2 pieces that do not stick ?
Can you push this piece back further into it's channel. (I think it is called a welt cord, but not sure :smile: )
It does go back into the channel. But it won't stay there. I tried leather glue. Maybe if I use "superglue." And then clamp it with a binder clip until it's dry...

Best method for fixing this? I got this beautiful vintage backpack and it's perfect except for this. I tried pushing the little piece back into place and gluing it down: that didn't stick. Should I snip it?

It does go back into the channel. But it won't stay there. I tried leather glue. Maybe if I use "superglue." And then clamp it with a binder clip until it's dry...
Is it possible to "pull" enough of the piece down to the open area to make a snip on the straight part? Then be able to push the straight part back into the channel and form the rounded corner where it needs to be - and secure it? (Hope that makes sense - I can envision it better than explaining it. Sorry)

Is it possible to "pull" enough of the piece down to the open area to make a snip on the straight part? Then be able to push the straight part back into the channel and form the rounded corner where it needs to be - and secure it? (Hope that makes sense - I can envision it better than explaining it. Sorry)
I think what you're describing is exactly what I was planning when I said snip it.

Reactions: Tilis
Snipping it on the straight sounds like a plan (had not thought about that) if you cannot "super-glue" it into the channel. The problem with super glue is that you have to work VERY fast, just to make sure that the welting does not stick out permanently,.

Reactions: ConnieinSeattle
Hi! Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to remove or maybe at least lighten the spots on this red ba? I can't quite tell what they are...just a lot of them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 17156082515575645581578211568986.jpg
    17156082515575645581578211568986.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 1715608264224305524318954514360.jpg
    1715608264224305524318954514360.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 17