Cleaning, Care and Repair of Your Dior

I am thinking of getting a d-lite bag in a dark colour. Is it possible to protect the bag in any way? I’ve used Collinil carbon pro on leather bags in the past with good results

Hello, I've come accross a pre-loved mini lady dior that seems a little out of shape. I'm referring to the sides that are sticking out. Do you think this could be repaired? If so, do you think it can be DIY'd or should I rather ask in the boutique?

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 17.02.50.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 17.03.23.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 17.03.46.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 17.04.03.png

Hello, I've come accross a pre-loved mini lady dior that seems a little out of shape. I'm referring to the sides that are sticking out. Do you think this could be repaired? If so, do you think it can be DIY'd or should I rather ask in the boutique?

View attachment 5846677

View attachment 5846678

View attachment 5846679

View attachment 5846680
I suggest filling the bag with the same type of tissue paper that brands use to stuff their bags, till the sides straighten out a bit. Keep it stored like that for a while, and if you use it, then stuff it back up when you are done using it for the day. It may also help to get a stiff bag organizer to push the front and back outwards so that the sides don't squeeze flat like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: rozaalie
I noticed some cracking ln my saddle recently, it’s very hard to show in picturesIMG_2504.jpeg but any idea what I can do to get rid of it or do you think I can take it to the store for repair, I’m afraid it’s going to get bigger

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10
I noticed some cracking ln my saddle recently, it’s very hard to show in picturesView attachment 5902581 but any idea what I can do to get rid of it or do you think I can take it to the store for repair, I’m afraid it’s going to get bigger
I would take it to the store - had quite the same on my saddle a while ago, they fixed it and I got it back within two weeks :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe
Hello I bought this pearlescent lotus lady dior but it has some excessive glue any advice on how to get rid of it?
Try rubbing the glue area with a finger. Sometimes the glue rubs off in a ball. Avoid rubbing the leather around because it may remove the colour and finish.

If the glue does come off, then the pearlescent finish may be removed in the process because it is just a thin finish on top of the leather. If you're afraid that this will happen, then just bring it to Dior to see what they can do.

Hi I have a couple of retro Dior handbags, on both of them the clasp has broken so they no longer close. Does anyone have an idea of where I can buy replacements?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi I have a couple of retro Dior handbags, on both of them the clasp has broken so they no longer close. Does anyone have an idea of where I can buy replacements?
If you take the bag to a shoe repair place, or an alterations place, then they sometimes have button closures. If they replace it, then it won't look the same as the old one, but at least the closure will be functional again.

Hello Everyone, I need your kind advice please.

I have stupidly put my oblique shawl in the washer and it is now ruined. The ends are a mess and it has lost its soft silky feel 😢 Any advice how I can make it better or fix it? Thank you

Attachments

• A27C4C5B-C1C2-4DE1-AFF9-389085C998FA.jpeg
    A27C4C5B-C1C2-4DE1-AFF9-389085C998FA.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 15
Does anyone have experience with after sale service on a discontinued bag? I did reach out to an online chat person. They took my photos and inquiries and says they’d get back, but I haven’t heard anything yet…

I purchased a medium Be Dior bag in 2015, I hardly use it and always stored with the dust bag and the wraps that came with it. I took it out this week and realized the hardware is tarnished and stained a little bit of the leather on the bag. What’s worse is that it also looked like the glue seams seem to have a yellowing effect on one spot.

I can’t believe this is happening to me, this was a 5200 cad+tax bag in 2015, it was more expensive than a lady d! And all my lady dior bags were holding up quite well.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 9
Does anyone have experience with after sale service on a discontinued bag? I did reach out to an online chat person. They took my photos and inquiries and says they’d get back, but I haven’t heard anything yet…

I purchased a medium Be Dior bag in 2015, I hardly use it and always stored with the dust bag and the wraps that came with it. I took it out this week and realized the hardware is tarnished and stained a little bit of the leather on the bag. What’s worse is that it also looked like the glue seams seem to have a yellowing effect on one spot.

I can’t believe this is happening to me, this was a 5200 cad+tax bag in 2015, it was more expensive than a lady d! And all my lady dior bags were holding up quite well.
Dior may offer to clean the bag, and/or replace the charms although I doubt they still have this style of charm as spare parts.

If they don't offer you a repair, then these are easy fixes at home. The tarnish can potentially be removed with baking soda and lemon juice paste (see YouTube). The glue stains can be cleaned off with lighter fluid (butane) applied to a Q-tip, and so can the stain behind the charms. Just be careful to test a small less visible spot on the bag and hardware before applying these substances to the entire stain/tarnish area.

@averagejoe I’ve been reading your lighter fluid tips for removing brown glue stains. Should I do that for a silk beaded Dior? The silk pink lining is sewn seperate & glued to the backing of the beadwork textile to make the lining. it’s opening up & needs to be reglued. brown oxidized is showing thru beadwork textile on outside also, how would you best go about removing old glue & any left over visable bleed thru discoloring thats showing around seams of teg beadwork top half? Ps Vestiaire Authenticated this but doesn’t the stamped tag look off to you? & shouldn’t limited editions have the 2-3 digit number on the metal plaque? Thank you! IMG_7951.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7949.jpeg
    IMG_7949.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7957.jpeg
    IMG_7957.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7958.jpeg
    IMG_7958.jpeg