Cleaning, Care and Repair of Your Dior

Lbuesch

Aug 22, 2007
I have the WHITE (Off-white) Dior Dbl Gaucho. I have read many things about cleaning the leather, including using baby wipes, without much success. The metal on the purse leaves a grayish mark where is rubs the leather. Any one had any success addressing this issue?

Hello Everyone!

I have two Dior Gaucho's within the white/winter white/cream color...and had the same problem! I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (see pic below) and it worked like a charm. I just wet the sponge a little and scrubbed the spot, then I layed the bag out to dry...presto! Happy New Years! :flowers:

29_1.JPG

I had the same problem, but I managed to solve it with the plain pencil erased. The only thing you should be careful about is that the eraser is soft and white, so it won't leave any color marks on white gaucho's leather. And don't press it too firmly since these are only surface marks.

Hope it helps.:smile:

Hi there

Was able to get zipper rub marks off with leather cleanser creme from local shoe repair man. Wasn't expensive, and have used same product on several bags without damage to leather.

Leather saddle cleaner is also mild and would do the same job.

Hope this helps & good luck.

I have now read EVERYONE'S posts. Using any "non-Dior" cleaner scares me silly, as it would be JUST MY LUCK to RUIN this bag. I have a white soft eraser, might try that. Have used Mr Clean Magic Erasers on EVERYTHING ELSE w/ great success, so may give that a go. I am going to be selling this bag, so I want to clean it up as best as possible, BUT do not want to take any chance of ruining it.
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS!

Hello Everyone!

I have two Dior Gaucho's within the white/winter white/cream color...and had the same problem! I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (see pic below) and it worked like a charm. I just wet the sponge a little and scrubbed the spot, then I layed the bag out to dry...presto! Happy New Years! :flowers:

29_1.JPG

I have now read EVERYONE'S posts. Using any "non-Dior" cleaner scares me silly, as it would be JUST MY LUCK to RUIN this bag. I have a white soft eraser, might try that. Have used Mr Clean Magic Erasers on EVERYTHING ELSE w/ great success, so may give that a go. I am going to be selling this bag, so I want to clean it up as best as possible, BUT do not want to take any chance of ruining it.
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS!

Hello Lbuesch,:flowers:

You are very welcome for the help! I love the Magic Eraser...I agree, it works on everything! Also, the Coach Leather Cleaner is really good as well. I use it upon all of my Dior bags and Balenciaga bags (where I first learned about the cleaner). Just a side note, I have used the Magic Eraser (just be really gentle at first if you want to give it a little test, although I do scrub really hard...hehe!) on two Dior Gaucho's that were the cream/white color with great results! Both bags came out perfect! Good luck and happy new year!

Ok girls, I got BRAVE, really brave and DID try the Magic Eraser on my off-white gaucho. It has some MINOR discoloration on the leather from rubbing against the metals on the bad AND from rubbing against my jeans. The Magic Eraser worked beautifully. When using the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, I would caution the following:
1. Use gently and DO NOT saturate the eraser or the bag leather w/ too much water.
2. Use a NEW CLEAN magic eraser.
3. Choose the WATER you use carefully. Some cities/municipalities/public water systems DO add chemicals to their water, such as CHLORINE. You would want to be careful what water you use. I would advise maybe using bottled distilled water.

Hello Everyone!

29_1.JPG

Ok girls, I got BRAVE, really brave and DID try the Magic Eraser on my off-white gaucho. It has some MINOR discoloration on the leather from rubbing against the metals on the bad AND from rubbing against my jeans. The Magic Eraser worked beautifully. When using the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, I would caution the following:
1. Use gently and DO NOT saturate the eraser or the bag leather w/ too much water.
2. Use a NEW CLEAN magic eraser.
3. Choose the WATER you use carefully. Some cities/municipalities/public water systems DO add chemicals to their water, such as CHLORINE. You would want to be careful what water you use. I would advise maybe using bottled distilled water.

Thanks for the info!!! I am thinking about purchasing a white bag and am nervouse about colors transferring on the bag. Someone else also said the Magic Eraser works wonders....

I have the medium off white gaucho bag. I have this leather cleaner which when you press on it comes out as foam. I just bought it at a shoe shop and it scared the hell out of me when I used it on my bag, because when I started rubbing on it, the leather looked wet. After it dries though, the dirt comes off. I just cleaned the mark left by the buckle on the front flap and it worked (it didn't affect the off white colour of the bag at all). Just buy any leather cleaning sprays and it should work.

I have the WHITE (Off-white) Dior Dbl Gaucho. I have read many things about cleaning the leather, including using baby wipes, without much success. The metal on the purse leaves a grayish mark where is rubs the leather. Any one had any success addressing this issue?

hello,I am new to this forum and just wanted to share with you all that the jap brand-KATE's eye makeup remover could really remove my purse's stain. I have got it color transferred from my jeans.and now it's gone!!!! Yay!!

Last edited: