Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Then buy what you love esp if you can wear it a lot :biggrin:! And pls take action pics so the rest of us can share in the joy!

pasted from my post above bc I misread @Brooklynite ’s post re a double faced cashmere jacket from Hermes
re the double faced cashmere coat, dropped shoulder, was the airport one you saw a straight full cut, car length jacket with medor buttons, bc if so, I have it. (I think it was 4K usd) Hermes NYC should still be able to source it for you bc it is current fall winter 2021. It runs large ish (I may have taken a 38) If it’s the one with asymmetrical zip, @nymeria, I think has one.

@TankerToad, thank you so much! I value your opinion bc I think you have amazing taste! ITA with you re coats as key elements of a wardrobe and as forever pieces! Life is too short not to buy what you love; can afford; and will use! Would love to see your shearling!

Also, thank you re your kind words re my recent foray into dior! I think everyone here who likes the look of Dior should consider it bc 1. Dior doesn’t seem to have the limited supply of merchandise issue plaguing chanel and Hermes (there is lots of stuff at Dior) ; snd 2. Dior is much less costly and very fun to wear :smile: My Chanel SA also affably tries to convince me that chanel and brunello are priced similarly. I would reply that there was a gorgeous velvet chanel elastic waist banded jogger there today. I think around 6K. An average pair of pants at brunello is 1800 usd. Same at Hermes And Dior. A basic sweater at brunello (like a synthetic foundation pullover) is 1100 usd. A velvet denim charcoal leopard Dior jacket this season was 2800 USD. A houndstooth bomber 3600. Both of those less than a chanel sweater. Though, of course, the other brands may not have that chanel magic :smile:

Hugs
I agree @880 about Dior doesn’t seem to have limited supply of merchandise. In fact, my local Dior is so proactive with the Cruise pre order. But I am passive due to the splurge I did at Chanel..

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:
I did not purchase any of the ones below
(BTW the pink trimmed vest runs big; this is a 38 and I am normally a 40 :

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol
I love your new coat :heart: and also the short grey one. Is it a coat as well? Or a jacket?

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I love your new coat :heart: and also the short grey one. Is it a coat as well? Or a jacket?
Short one is also a coat! My apologies, I didn’t take note of the tag info, however, I want to say the price was around 8K USD. But, I could be confusing the price with a mid thigh black slighted padded (possibly like matalesse?) synthetic a line duster coat (forgot to take a pic of that one)

• Thanks
Reactions: monkyjib
What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:
I did not purchase any of the ones below
(BTW the pink trimmed vest runs big; this is a 38 and I am normally a 40 :

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol
Congrats on the beautiful coat 880 ! I absolutely adore it! It’s the best coat this season !
How warm is it?

Congrats on the beautiful coat 880 ! I absolutely adore it! It’s the best coat this season !
How warm is it?
Thank you @ari and @pigleto972001!

I love the coat! I can layer sweaters underneath it!

So, with a hat and gloves, a CSGM,

if I added my Dior skirt that has a puffer panel in front and boots, well . . .

maybe I could wear it in temps about mid 40F

but definitely in a heated car!

with a coat you love, warmth is a state of mind :biggrin:

Last edited:
thank you @gracekelly, @911snowball, @m_ichele, @sheeby , @Brooklynite, @Hanash for your kind words :smile:

Thanks so much! I thought the other three coats were okay, but my SA and DH did not like them on me. The black one was the most flattering and practical, but DH and SA were like, how many black chanel jackets and coats does one need . . . The two gray coats were quite voluminous on me, and I think I am quite bit huskier (at chanel size 40) than you are, so IMO you might need a slimmer silhouette? or, ask your SA if you should go down a size.

My SA (who is pretty honest with me and gets my aesthetic) said the long gray coat reminded her, years ago, on Canal St. in China town, there used to be these racks of 20 USD tweed coats. And, yes. that‘s kind of what I looked like. Because of my build and relatively thicker waist (to height), the volume of these two gray coats didn’t really flatter. The backs of both were slightly blouson on me — I think that’s the term for slightly puffed out? And the sleeve was a bit reminiscent of the 1980s.

But, on someone slimmer with more height, perhaps they could read entirely differently. definitely, if you are interested, it’s a cut that has to be tried on. Possibly sized down.

@Brooklynite edit: re the double faced cashmere coat, dropped shoulder, was it straight cut, car length and with medor buttons, bc if so, I have it. Hermes NYC should still be able to source it for you bc it is current fall winter. It runs large ish. If it’s the one with asymmetrical zip, @nymeria, I think has one.

@fairylady, if you are afraid a dress is too logo-ed from the runway pic, then IMO it’s too logo-ed for IRL. YMMV of course!
How many black coats to you need? Just as many as all the black bags. They each have a different use. I feel the same way about black jackets :P

F48564E1-6053-4E63-80D2-4BCA108C0A98.jpegI bought this (pic inserted)full price in NYC, for 5500.00 and I should have returned it because it ran large , but kept it and wear it oversized either way ....even then, had I waited, I would have purchased it on sale...as all sizes (black and white color way) made sale and this was actually cute! Well we all know why it was cute , Rip Karl lagerfeld! At least karl doesn’t try to make Chanel “Punk Rock princess”(eye roll to VV), Chanel can never be punk rock! Chanel is Chanel: classy, sophisticated, and elegant. Leave punk rock to those who do it naturally like the girls in the movie the Craft, they did pUnk rock Justice!

DA6F204F-6F2D-437C-AE78-48F2A1B6A55C.jpegF48564E1-6053-4E63-80D2-4BCA108C0A98.jpeg