Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:
I did not purchase any of the ones below
(BTW the pink trimmed vest runs big; this is a 38 and I am normally a 40 :

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol
Thank you for the kind words and the great style tips @880 I’ll have to check on your suggestions but stock is so sparse! Time to venture to Dior I think. Congratulations on your gorgeous coat, it made me swoon! Of those posted, you picked the perfect one :girlsigh:

• Thanks
Reactions: icedcoffee and 880
I only took a pic of this jacket. I saw some of the knits but I was short on time so I couldn’t take more pix. There was a thread on this collection but I can’t find it.View attachment 5226877

Here is the Coco Neige thread

What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol

What a gorgeous coat! Looks perfect on you, what a special piece!

• Thanks
Reactions: icedcoffee and 880
What do you guys think about this dress? I really like it but I’m afraid it’s too much logo?

View attachment 5227053
I think it depends on your lifestyle. I can never bring myself to wear anything with obvious logo due to how I "grew up" in my career (people would be laughed at for wearing anything obvious in my previous company). But others handle it just fine. It's a very personal choice.

Congrats 880!
I tried on the shiny short coat. I quite liked it, but it's somewhat limiting in use due to its length. I haven't seen the second coat in that set of pictures (the grey coat with big sleeves). What do you think?

I recall seeing this Hermes short coat...dropped shoulders and voluminous...double faced cashmere I think. Unfortunately it was at an airport shop and I was merely seeing someone off, so I couldn't purchase it (I wasn't flying out of the country so they couldn't sell me...). I never saw it anywhere else...sigh...

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
thank you @gracekelly, @911snowball, @m_ichele, @sheeby , @Brooklynite, @Hanash for your kind words :smile:

Congrats 880!
I tried on the shiny short coat. I quite liked it, but it's somewhat limiting in use due to its length. I haven't seen the second coat in that set of pictures (the grey coat with big sleeves). What do you think?

I recall seeing this Hermes short coat...dropped shoulders and voluminous...double faced cashmere I think. Unfortunately it was at an airport shop and I was merely seeing someone off, so I couldn't purchase it (I wasn't flying out of the country so they couldn't sell me...). I never saw it anywhere else...sigh...

Thanks so much! I thought the other three coats were okay, but my SA and DH did not like them on me. The black one was the most flattering and practical, but DH and SA were like, how many black chanel jackets and coats does one need . . . The two gray coats were quite voluminous on me, and I think I am quite bit huskier (at chanel size 40) than you are, so IMO you might need a slimmer silhouette? or, ask your SA if you should go down a size.

My SA (who is pretty honest with me and gets my aesthetic) said the long gray coat reminded her, years ago, on Canal St. in China town, there used to be these racks of 20 USD tweed coats. And, yes. that‘s kind of what I looked like. Because of my build and relatively thicker waist (to height), the volume of these two gray coats didn’t really flatter. The backs of both were slightly blouson on me — I think that’s the term for slightly puffed out? And the sleeve was a bit reminiscent of the 1980s.

But, on someone slimmer with more height, perhaps they could read entirely differently. definitely, if you are interested, it’s a cut that has to be tried on. Possibly sized down.

@Brooklynite edit: re the double faced cashmere coat, dropped shoulder, was it straight cut, car length and with medor buttons, bc if so, I have it. Hermes NYC should still be able to source it for you bc it is current fall winter. It runs large ish. If it’s the one with asymmetrical zip, @nymeria, I think has one.

@fairylady, if you are afraid a dress is too logo-ed from the runway pic, then IMO it’s too logo-ed for IRL. YMMV of course!

Last edited:
I think it depends on your lifestyle. I can never bring myself to wear anything with obvious logo due to how I "grew up" in my career (people would be laughed at for wearing anything obvious in my previous company). But others handle it just fine. It's a very personal choice.
Thanks for your reply! I’m a stay at home mom so most of the time I just go to groceries and honestly I could get away with wearing anything. I just think this denim dress is so cute on the model but maybe I’m just caught up in the moment.

Reactions: icedcoffee
Wow - congrats on your new coat. Looks fantastic and very warm! Isn’t it always the way that you go for one thing and then Chanel swipe you off the floor with yet another gorgeous piece! Definitely get the alterations by Chanel rather than risk it with someone else ( that’s what I’d do with such a precious piece!). Enjoy - hopefully for years to come!
This is so so true

• Haha
Thanks for your reply! I’m a stay at home mom so most of the time I just go to groceries and honestly I could get away with wearing anything. I just think this denim dress is so cute on the model but maybe I’m just caught up in the moment.
Then buy what you love esp if you can wear it a lot :biggrin:! And pls take action pics so the rest of us can share in the joy!

pasted from my post above bc I misread @Brooklynite ’s post re a double faced cashmere jacket from Hermes
re the double faced cashmere coat, dropped shoulder, was the airport one you saw a straight full cut, car length jacket with medor buttons, bc if so, I have it. (I think it was 4K usd) Hermes NYC should still be able to source it for you bc it is current fall winter 2021. It runs large ish (I may have taken a 38) If it’s the one with asymmetrical zip, @nymeria, I think has one.

@TankerToad, thank you so much! I value your opinion bc I think you have amazing taste! ITA with you re coats as key elements of a wardrobe and as forever pieces! Life is too short not to buy what you love; can afford; and will use! Would love to see your shearling!

Also, thank you re your kind words re my recent foray into dior! I think everyone here who likes the look of Dior should consider it bc 1. Dior doesn’t seem to have the limited supply of merchandise issue plaguing chanel and Hermes (there is lots of stuff at Dior) ; snd 2. Dior is much less costly and very fun to wear :smile: My Chanel SA also affably tries to convince me that chanel and brunello are priced similarly. I would reply that there was a gorgeous velvet chanel elastic waist banded jogger there today. I think around 6K. An average pair of pants at brunello is 1800 usd. Same at Hermes And Dior. A basic sweater at brunello (like a synthetic foundation pullover) is 1100 usd. A velvet denim charcoal leopard Dior jacket this season was 2800 USD. A houndstooth bomber 3600. Both of those less than a chanel sweater. Though, of course, the other brands may not have that chanel magic :smile:

Hugs

Last edited:

Love this post - inspected every photo - you made a spectacular choice- adore the coat you chose. Hands down.
Coats are forever investments when well chosen. I have a personal belief that with a good coat and you can wear almost anything with it and still look well dressed.
However your Dior dress ups the style quotient exponentially. I have a long Chanel hooded shearling coat bought several years ago - like you it was love at first site.
It was also pricey but I’ve gotten years of wear out of it.
I know you’ll enjoy this coat and you’ll style it again and again in new ways.

went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

fabulous on you!!! The look is so versatile and unique,enjoy !!!!

• Thanks
thanks @Tasha1 for your kind words! also everything i put on these days seems to go with the duret! I hope you are enjoying yours! DH is ordering a belt from him in alligator finished like nubuck! Perhaps your DH would like it too! (Will post a pic of the alligator finished like velvety unbuckle in your Duret thread :smile: Hugs

but one should be long legged and with perfect knees to wear it
Lol, so that’s why things don’t look the same on me as a runway pic (joking :smile:

i do want to say, I never would have picked this from the look book (I think the coat was in look #13). It took going to the boutique and seeing it hanging there IRL to fall in love. If falling in love pls great fit is my criteria going forward with chanel, I think I’ll end up buying less but better

Last edited:
Reactions: TankerToad