Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Woohooo!!! You look so lovely - you’ll find so many ways to wear this. I think the jaquard silk has beautiful movement and flow to it, when worn as a dress. Maybe try wearing it first, without taking it in? Then decide? I ordered the chunky Chanel boots- to have as an option, too.
Love the length of it on you.
Thank you!! Oh that’s a good idea to wear it first :giggle: I don’t know why I was thinking I had to get alterations all done at once. Looking forward to seeing you in the chunky boots with the tunic!

Do you wear hats? My mother used to tell me that back in the day, when you had a suit made, you took some of the suit fabric and used it to trim the hat. It should be a pretty easy thing to do for a home sewer.
brilliant idea. I will venture into sewing after retirement...for now I'll need to find a real seamstress...if anyone has a good lady to recommend in Manhattan please let me know...

Reactions: icedcoffee
They make nice dress coats, not what I would describe as every day coats, except for the down ones. I don't know about you, but if it's cold enough that I want to wear a long coat all day, I need it to be down so it doesn't suffocate me with heavy weight. I do have a knee length Chanel coat in ivory that is light, but again only for dressy occasions.
I finally came to realize this after years of experiments...Thank you for the validation. Yes, wool and shearling coats are too heavy.

My sister bought me the Chanel cc tights for my bday today and I’m so excited about them. I plan to wear them with my combat boots. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

AA2D2B6F-69AC-4585-A87C-E4FA55A14980.jpeg 24B86BF6-3F27-4BDD-802C-3BE7D3EA583B.jpeg image.jpgimage.jpg DA815636-630D-43C2-9806-1970A3F1105C.jpeg

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:
I did not purchase any of the ones below
(BTW the pink trimmed vest runs big; this is a 38 and I am normally a 40 :

90BEE14E-7007-41B8-8C2E-AE97BA201A06.jpeg 5D7E898D-7F24-487E-BEB1-DE0C7550A320.jpeg D6EB78CF-40BF-4964-81A1-B968159073B7.jpeg EC67E878-FF66-40EC-B7BB-6FD71F863167.jpeg

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol

Last edited:
What a fabulous sister! Love them! I think chanel tights are very durable :biggrin:

@gracekelly, some outfits used to come with camellia pins made of tweed or fabric to match the outfit. 8 always thought I could someday take my scraps and do that and then pin them on a lapel or hat.

I went to chanel today to look at sweaters, and ask what my SA thought of a 19 bag for me. I fell in love, basically at first sight, with a lesage coat with some removable shearling. so here it is (it is a bit sparkly, but wearable for day; looks matte, not sparkly, in my pics. Not too warm; good for transitional weather. It’s not black and white either; it has some blue and pink? ochre ; hard to describe. Expensive, but I rationalize it by deciding i will refrain from buying two jackets or several sweaters. And wear it with jeans for better cost per wear.

My SA said alterations are very backed up, so I’ll wear it until next spring and then take it back then to shorten sleeves in the off season (Or, if I’m too impatient, just have my tailor do it). I love it so much, I wore it out of the store with Dior denim dress, doc martens, and custom Buffalo Dalmatian hand stitched bag from Duret in Paris.

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

I tried on some other coats just to compare, but really was content with the first choice :smile:

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

by the way, I had two chanel puffy jackets, one from Chanel’s first ski line, years ago, (the other now in my moms closet) and for warmth, moncler, herno or Arc’teryx is better for warmth factor, JMO

edit: my SA did say if it snagged, not to worry but chanel would fix it, which makes me think it’s probably a bit fragile for my lifestyle, but i love it too much to worry about that lol
Wow - congrats on your new coat. Looks fantastic and very warm! Isn’t it always the way that you go for one thing and then Chanel swipe you off the floor with yet another gorgeous piece! Definitely get the alterations by Chanel rather than risk it with someone else ( that’s what I’d do with such a precious piece!). Enjoy - hopefully for years to come!

My SA received the 21k grey jeans with the sparkly cc’s so I went to try them even though I had already tried the white version and wasn't too wowed by them. Still didn’t like them enough to buy even though I did like the overall fit. But you guys!!! The black tunic @TankerToad beautifully modeled was there! I had asked an SA at a department store boutique to try to find one for me back when TT posted her pix and he’s been waiting for deliveries but there it was in my own local boutique! It’s a 38 but I like the length so I’ll just have them shorten the sleeves. I’m so happy I found it!:yahoo:
Worn open a la Virginie in the recent spring show.View attachment 5226331
Worn as a tunic, I didn’t wear skinny jeans but I kind of like it with the straight jeans too. It’s a more relaxed kick back vibe.View attachment 5226333
And finally the I forgot my pants look lol. But I’m thinking with either fishnets and slingbacks like @pigleto972001’s SA or the quilted leather combat boots. View attachment 5226340Does it look wide? Or should I have the sides taken in a little??
Love this on you! Am so happy you got it! After @TankerToad posted her fabulous pics, I was also thinking the tunic might also look nice with a full, long skirt ( Dior makes a techno taffeta one or denim in blue, if you don’t mind mixing designers or mix blue with black). Kind of a sexy chanel governess look lol (yep, insert rolling eye emoticon here) :biggrin: Also I saw some boucle pants (they looked cropped) and velvet pants (elastic waist banded joggers, i think ) at chanel which might be nice with it too (layered with a muscle T) I think it’s such a versatile piece! :biggrin:

@Hanash, thank you for your kind words above! I cannot wait for you to get yours! It’s not that warm, but there is room to layer some stuff underneath. and, I’m short, so it’s not too much length and volume as some other pieces. The other coats that i rejected were definitely warmer and more practical, but. . . I’m not really all that practical a person lol. however, I do feel very frugal wearing my doc martens with my Dior or chanel RTW :biggrin:

By the way, I overheard another SA, not mine, say to someone else that bc of merchandise shortages, other stores were reluctant to transfer anything in (and she wasn’t even talking about bags). The shelves were empty on the first floor.

Last edited:

View attachment 5226905 View attachment 5226918 View attachment 5226910View attachment 5226911 View attachment 5226928

View attachment 5226906 View attachment 5226907 View attachment 5226921 View attachment 5226922

I can se why you fell in love! It fits right into your style matrix. It's gorgeous! Congrats!

Yep, I do have some older pieces that came with same fabric camellia.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880