Chanel in Canada

I think this is usually how minis are sold! It is confusing though, because I tried purchasing a mini back in March 2020 and was told they were now “first come first serve”. I had every intention of showing up to the store at open on launch day, but coincidentally that was when everything shut down for COVID. Now I’m hearing we’re back to waitlists, whereas others say it’s all first come first serve… so I’m really not sure what they’re doing in Calgary.

Thank you for letting me know! I’d hate to be sitting on an imaginary waitlist because I am 100% willing to show up on launch day too.

Reactions: xo.babydoll
Hmm I was just put on the wait list for a black mini flap at the Calgary boutique. They told me that they only get 2 bags per season and they do a random draw from the wait list and will text offers to whoever gets drawn. This is super confusing that different people are being told different things!
maybe Calgary is doing some stuff differently? hopefully, ur sa message you and let you know that you won the raffle!

Reactions: Lula5 and mosare
I won't go into specifics, but I know VIP clients who have secured bags before official release dates. After that group, SA's will reach out to other semi VIP clients who may have expressed a passing interest in one. If there's any remainder, they'll default to this lotto waitlist system (which kind of sounds like Hermes 'we have nothing in the back' half truths). If you're depending on this lotto/waitlist system to magically happen - it may be a long wait.

This is just the name of the game - loyal, high spending clients of any luxury retailer will always be able to get what they want before the general public. Lining up, first come first serve is a laughable notion - no boutique director would ever allow a high spending client to be subject to that.

Last edited:
I won't go into specifics, but I know VIP clients who have secured bags before official release dates. After that group, SA's will reach out to other semi VIP clients who may have expressed a passing interest in one. If there's any remainder, they'll default to this lotto waitlist system (which kind of sounds like Hermes 'we have nothing in the back' half truths). If you're depending on this lotto/waitlist system to magically happen - it may be a long wait.

This is just the name of the game - loyal, high spending clients of any luxury retailer will always be able to get what they want before the general public. Lining up, first come first serve is a laughable notion - no boutique director would ever allow a high spending client to be subject to that.
I agree. The whole lining up leaves an awful taste in my mouth. That is not luxury. That is an amusement park. But I get it, some people love the adrenaline rush.

Hi all. I’m hoping to purchase my first Chanel bag in 2022 and hoping to get some advice. Is it extremely difficult to get your hands on a Mini flap bag? I’m in Toronto and don’t have any purchase history at Chanel. Is it unlikely I can even purchase one in the boutique? Thank you.

Hi all. I’m hoping to purchase my first Chanel bag in 2022 and hoping to get some advice. Is it extremely difficult to get your hands on a Mini flap bag? I’m in Toronto and don’t have any purchase history at Chanel. Is it unlikely I can even purchase one in the boutique? Thank you.

Same! I was planning on getting one earlier for my birthday this month, but I dropped by a day after the drop and there weren't any minis left which was upsetting. And they don't stock until the next collection?! Which will most likely be after another price increase? Do they ever stock on minis in between collections?

Reactions: _vee

I don't know too many details about the mini flap unfortunately but I bought my classic WOC back in 2014. I had heard that it was difficult to get your hands on so I think I majorly lucked out(? not totally sure). I had been thinking of getting one for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger and it just happened they had just gotten a shipment in that day so I was able to just walk in and buy it with no purchase history.

I recently decided to purchase a medium boy from the boutique so I went today to see if I could either pick one up or get my name on the waitlist. Ended up speaking to a lovely SA who was very helpful and took down my info and said she would text me when they get it in stock. She even texted me to make sure I had her number too. Granted, I believe it's easier to get in comparison to the mini, however I was a bit intimidated going in with only one item in my purchase history but she didn't even look me up in the system and was very nice and not snobby at all. Not sure if that answers your question but hopefully helps if you had any concerns about purchasing without a history. (This was in the Holt Renfrew Vancouver location)

Reactions: _vee
Same! I was planning on getting one earlier for my birthday this month, but I dropped by a day after the drop and there weren't any minis left which was upsetting. And they don't stock until the next collection?! Which will most likely be after another price increase? Do they ever stock on minis in between collections?

Unfortunately, due to the attractive price point of these bags they've been in high demand for the last few years.

Are you looking for a black Mini Rectangle? If so, yes they are very hard to obtain, and they usually go to regulars. Mini Square is more obtainable but they still go. Colors, depends what city you're in. A city with a large asian population? Consider those bags gone too.

I have a handful of Mini's, and these usually take some finagling to obtain (I give my SA heads up that I'd like one, but understand if they can't allocate). Unfortunately, if you're not a regular at your boutique, it's probably a bit of a uphill battle for you to obtain one. Imagine HOW many names these SA's have of people who want a Mini Rectangle, but otherwise have never shopped in the boutique? What makes you stand out from the 20 other names they've taken down in the last few months? If they go by the alleged lotto system - that's pretty slim chances.

My advice:

1) Don't be embarrassed to ask - I obtained a Mini a few seasons ago by just asking. No clue when the release was, but they happened to have one. Right place right time.

2) If you actually enjoy other Chanel products and intend to buy them, find a good SA and start shopping with them, and only them. Eventually ask when the next Mini release is, and politely grovel ("I would really, really love one for my 30th birthday").

3) Think this is all BS and you don't have the time for it? Start perusing the resale market before Mini's have an official price increase.

I don't know too many details about the mini flap unfortunately but I bought my classic WOC back in 2014. I had heard that it was difficult to get your hands on so I think I majorly lucked out(? not totally sure). I had been thinking of getting one for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger and it just happened they had just gotten a shipment in that day so I was able to just walk in and buy it with no purchase history.

I recently decided to purchase a medium boy from the boutique so I went today to see if I could either pick one up or get my name on the waitlist. Ended up speaking to a lovely SA who was very helpful and took down my info and said she would text me when they get it in stock. She even texted me to make sure I had her number too. Granted, I believe it's easier to get in comparison to the mini, however I was a bit intimidated going in with only one item in my purchase history but she didn't even look me up in the system and was very nice and not snobby at all. Not sure if that answers your question but hopefully helps if you had any concerns about purchasing without a history. (This was in the Holt Renfrew Vancouver location)

Not comparable. WOC's and Boy Bags are generally always in stock and available to purchase to whomever walks in (and stock on those is replenished quite often).

Reactions: laurel320

Thank you for sharing your experience! :smile:

Reactions: wimp
Hi everyone, do you know if there are still more stock coming out from the 22c collection or is it pretty much all done during launch?

And has anyone seen a bag with top-handle lately like a mini, coco handle or business affinity?

Sorry, one last question, has anyone seen a cf in the new 22c pink? Thanks!

Hi everyone, do you know if there are still more stock coming out from the 22c collection or is it pretty much all done during launch?

And has anyone seen a bag with top-handle lately like a mini, coco handle or business affinity?

Sorry, one last question, has anyone seen a cf in the new 22c pink? Thanks!
Which location are you at?

I am Vancouver and saw the small tweed in stock today. Didn’t bother asking what’s else was in stock as I went to buy a specific item. There are 21k SLGs and 22c purses on the shelves.

For the 21k and 22c collections, they did not get shipment all at once. (Going a day after the launch day is probably not the best idea since things might be off the shelves by the first day.) It might be worth dropping by the boutqiue once in a while and let an SA know that you are looking for and see if someone will take your contact information. I was looking for a REV SLG and got it because a shipment arrived this week.

Reactions: surfergurl
Which location are you at?

I am Vancouver and saw the small tweed in stock today. Didn’t bother asking what’s else was in stock as I went to buy a specific item. There are 21k SLGs and 22c purses on the shelves.

Thanks! I'm in Toronto. I called one of the stores today and they said they might get more stock later but no pink. I'm looking for a cf in the 22c NG123 pink. I did manage to get a non-classic woc in that colour. Maybe I'm asking for too much. I did see a cf in the pink tweed. It's pretty but I think I prefer leather. Do you know if Vancouver store takes calls? Thanks!

Thanks! I'm in Toronto. I called one of the stores today and they said they might get more stock later but no pink. I'm looking for a cf in the 22c NG123 pink. I did manage to get a non-classic woc in that colour. Maybe I'm asking for too much. I did see a cf in the pink tweed. It's pretty but I think I prefer leather. Do you know if Vancouver store takes calls? Thanks!

I didn’t see the pink CF in Vancouver in store today, only the pink tweed. But I know for a fact that Toronto definitely orders more than Vancouver because it’s happened on multiple occasions where I’m interested in a particular purse and my SA tells me Vancouver didn’t order and I find out on TPF that Toronto had it. (I’m more of a “if the bag is meant to be mine, it’ll be there and I won’t go chasing for it” because I don’t have a lot of disposable income so I didn’t bother asking if she can request a transfer or check other stores.)

I’m not sure if they do transfers but you can try calling. Holt renfrew had a problem with their system today so they were having trouble with credit card system. My SA did suggest say she can send me a payment link and she can mail the item to me. The system was ok again after 10 minutes so I was able to make my purchase at the end. Not sure how returns work though with buying remotely because my SA warned me everytime I buy (which is like… 3 times lol) to check the item carefully because there’s no returns.