Celebrity and Veneers

So with veneers do they just grind down your real teeth and then create another tooth and/or teeth and this glue them onto your real teeth? :-s
With veneers the dentist "roughs up" the front part of the tooth and shaves the sides/tip. Think of a fake nail fitted/glued on a real nail. Your natural tooth will not be the same after veneers.
Hope that helps..................

Ah OK. I must have been thinking about something else.
I believe what you are thinking of is bonded. It can be used if you chip a tooth or have a gap in between say your 2 front teeth. It does not alter the structure of your teeth. I have had one for around 10 years. So do my husband and son. No complaints what so ever. Much less than veneers, no structural change to your teeth.

I believe what you are thinking of is bonded. It can be used if you chip a tooth or have a gap in between say your 2 front teeth. It does not alter the structure of your teeth. I have had one for around 10 years. So do my husband and son. No complaints what so ever. Much less than veneers, no structural change to your teeth.

Yes! That's exactly what it was. Couldn't remember the name. Thanks! I had two teeth bonded due to receding gums. Really helped with the sensitivity.

With veneers the dentist "roughs up" the front part of the tooth and shaves the sides/tip. Think of a fake nail fitted/glued on a real nail. Your natural tooth will not be the same after veneers.
Hope that helps..................
Yes, I've been told that once you have veneers, you cannot go back to not having them. The process involves removing some enamel and taking off the veneers leaves an unattractive tooth surface. A person who has veneers has to have them for life, replacing every 10 years or so.

Last edited:
I sometimes miss seeing people with their own teeth. Their veneers are very pretty, but sometimes they all end up looking like they all have the same teeth. Add in plastic surgery and a lot of celebs end up looking very much like each other. lol.

I love old movies and it is interesting to note that the actors and actresses seem a bit more "real" in the older movies. Real is a relative term though. Back then they were still getting plastic surgeries or other tweaks to refine their appearance.

Interesting thread. Thanks for all of the pictures!

My "normal" is now perfect white teeth that I can't help but stare at the yellow/brown teeth of actors in movies and tv shows from the '80s and earlier.

I can understand your normal being different, especially is you are young. You all have grown up with everyone having white teeth.

I don’t notice white so much as I notice blindingly white. There is level a white that is sooooo bright that that is the main thing I will notice about that person. I will not really see their pretty eyes, nice skin, etc. because all I see are teeth.

But yea, there was some truth in those Austin Powers movies. :smile: