Cancel / Close TPF Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want my account gone there is something very weirth, i cant see new posts i have to change the display every click and i still get the alert from the virus above thp and if i click on it i get a white screen and i cant do anything about it . Also the red above tpy is shaking sometimes . I already have a virusscan what can i do please help

i want my account gone there is something very weirth, i cant see new posts i have to change the display every click and i still get the alert from the virus above thp and if i click on it i get a white screen and i cant do anything about it . Also the red above tpy is shaking sometimes . I already have a virusscan what can i do please help

Did you read POST #1 here about Malware?
http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback...-regarding-potential-virus-threat-549604.html

Canceling your account is not going to solve your issues w/ your computer.

Last edited:
This is not a virus thing, but rather your browser needs some tender love and care. Clear your cache, cookies and other misc history and try again. Alternatively, get another browser. :tup:

i did and i have scan my pc . I only have it whit this forum ,even changed my password but it stays the same.
It started to do this on the 20 jan and i dont have any prolems whit other forums but than again im a newbie on browsers i dont know what that is :O .I dont know how to change it

Last edited:
I can understand OP's concerns and her desire to have her history erased.
To many of us who did not have tremendous internet experience, the magnitude of how our posts are out there is scary, actually, I have become very concerned about this..........not paranoid like someone said, but genuinely concerned.

i have google and used malware and something ( some members di use it too)also used hijackthis for a logg posted on a forum for pc problems .Also have avast as virusscanner . Im gonne remoe my cookies and try again

To many of us who did not have tremendous internet experience, the magnitude of how our posts are out there is scary, actually, I have become very concerned about this..........not paranoid like someone said, but genuinely concerned.
Whenever this subject comes up, I am struck by lack of understanding. This is a public forum, not hidden behind a login or membership. The nature of the Internet is that most sites are publicly available for anyone to read and for search engines to pick up on the same content as any random reader anywhere may. The search engine's job is it to find, index and rank content. This includes anything that you post in the public realm.

Universal truth is that you should not post anything publicly that you don't want others to read. If you don't want to have accounts associated across different sites, then pick your public user name wisely. If you do not want your thoughts/ideas/comments/etc. to appear in search engines, do not post them on a public site/forum/etc.

And frankly, it does not pose ANY privacy risk if your posts appear in search engines when someone searches for your username, especially if your username is something as nonsensical as "omgbagluver124". Because honestly, nobody will randomly be searching for that. And if someone wants to track down your posting history on TPF, they can do so via our search.

Yup, you are absolutely right............I think I recently read where google after 18 months makes your searches inactive, in other words nonsearchable (don't know if I just made up that word) by individuals, although if someone wants them bad enough they can get them........is there a time limit on the forum regarding past posts or do they stay searchable forever.........

if only we could do this with our real life! I would erase a LOT of my history! :lol:

Seriously though, if I have learned anything about life its this: don't do stupid crap you will be ashamed of later in life. THINK before you act/type/speak because it doesn't have to be written down on any forum to be remembered.

I'm a little glad actually that I have done bonehead things in my past. Because when I share something with someone who is going through something similar, I can at least speak from the heart with experience.

I don't know where people ever got the idea that the internet was a place to store your secrets. Honesty is very liberating. If you are ready to share something about yourself you should do so freely. Otherwise, you should keep it to yourself until you find the right place where you are comfortable or find right the friend.

Hi,

I am an MA student and attempted to do some academic research through your site. I understand that you do not allow market research and somehow research for academic purposes falls into this category too. I can see how unethical researchers may pretend to be students but I do not fall into this category. Unfortunately for me the academic research and discussion of the findings on the forum was going to be the purpose of my membership.

I would like to close my account but could not find instructions on how to do so. Please can you inform me how to remove my profile.

Thank you

Catriona

Status
Not open for further replies.