Cancel / Close TPF Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread.

If we want to change our screen name, yet here we are not allowed to, so the only way is to delete the current account since I can't apply fir a new account, but there's no such function. Then how?

You can't. We don't allow you to open a new account/have more than one and we don't allow members to change their names either. If you want a name change, if you did a search you'd find that you have to PM Vlad w/ a pretty compelling reason as to why. W/ around 200,000 members here now it's just not practical for him to be spending a lot of time of things like that.

I can't seem to find where I can cancel or close my TPF account. I just don't use it enough and would like to close it.

Can anyone please advise?

I've already emailed TPF staff and no one has gotten back to me.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

:P

If a member has been banned, do you subtract them from your membership total?
I have seen so many banned members and wondered how you can keep track of the numbers? If a member is not allowed to close their account, but no longer wishes to participate, it seems a little dishonest for you to count them in your member tally.
I guess there is no harm in overstating the numbers, and who would really care; except maybe the advertisers.

If a member has been banned, do you subtract them from your membership total?
I have seen so many banned members and wondered how you can keep track of the numbers? If a member is not allowed to close their account, but no longer wishes to participate, it seems a little dishonest for you to count them in your member tally.
I guess there is no harm in overstating the numbers, and who would really care; except maybe the advertisers.

If a member is banned, he is not subtracted from the membership total. However, I regularly purge banned spammer accounts, as well as unverified accounts, which decreases the total member number.

There is no dishonesty in this, the member number is calculated by the forum software and nobody, including advertisers, really care about the actual number. Except, of course, for us forum administrators who keep track of growth and member participation. Needless to say, not all 200k member accounts are active, the actual active number of members is something that I consider private.

Status
Not open for further replies.