Cancel / Close TPF Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go back and read Vlad's posts about inactive accounts going dormant, but it doesn't mention post deletion. He never really specified a time frame for dormancy though and I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere.

Thank you Echoes for your response, it has been mentioned in different post via communication with members. I am looking for accurate information. Do you know where I can access the site policies?

Hi,
Site Policies are "stickied" all the time at the top of this forum. For your convenience here's a link:
http://forum.purseblog.com/frequently-asked-questions/

I guess I'm confused by your comment/question about deletions. I thought I was answering what you were asking :-s
No matter what any other member has told you, you do not become automatically deactivated. I'm giving you accurate information as an admin of this site.
We don't delete content that is not spam, offensive or personal and members are not auto-deactivated.
Basically, the internet is permanent, anytime you post somewhere on the net it's cache'd and there forever unless you post on a members only private board.

HTH! :flowers:

No matter what any other member has told you, you do not become automatically deactivated.

members are not auto-deactivated.

inactive means that the account is frozen due to inactivity and can be re-activated if the user chooses to do so.

In certain rare cases I will grant to make someone's account inactive, but normally we still require users to abandon their accounts if they no longer feel like partaking. :idea:

///

Has it ever been adressed why tPF doesn't have the feature of deleting an account? I know its not possible now, you log out and don't comeback but I'm wondering why tPF chosen this route. I'm not talking about deleting posts, just deleting the account.

Deleting an account would delete posts. That screws up threads and worse, the servers.
Why Vlad and Meg's have chosen not to allow people to become unregistered I don't know. Has just always been this way.
I guess because people could simply log out and not log back in. (?)

In very rare cases, we may make an account inactive for a variety of reasons. However, 99% of the time, the best way to handle the situation if a user does not wish to be part of the forum any longer, is to log off and not come back on.

Last edited:
hi i love this forum and im here often reading and researching about diff LV items i dont want to close my account but i want to know how can I change my name.. I dont want all those numbers to show..someone plz help me

I have an account that I opened years ago under my actual name. I never realized that my actual name will show up alongside my user ID on every post I put up on TPF. Upon realizing, I stopped posting with that account--- I am the only person in the whole US with my name, and I won't want people to know that I am a TPF member or the specifics of what I am posting. Usually websites give an option to deactivate accounts so that the person can choose whether they can delete what they have written in the past, and I am really surprised to learn that this is not the case. I am really freaked out because I am on a specific job market and people have been googling my name and their discovery of my posts here might affect me negatively. Can somebody please help me to change my name on that account? I've messaged Vlad several times to no avail. I understand this is not allowed, but I also believe deleting accounts should be allowed for the sake of privacy.

I have an account that I opened years ago under my actual name. I never realized that my actual name will show up alongside my user ID on every post I put up on TPF. Upon realizing, I stopped posting with that account--- I am the only person in the whole US with my name, and I won't want people to know that I am a TPF member or the specifics of what I am posting. Usually websites give an option to deactivate accounts so that the person can choose whether they can delete what they have written in the past, and I am really surprised to learn that this is not the case. I am really freaked out because I am on a specific job market and people have been googling my name and their discovery of my posts here might affect me negatively. Can somebody please help me to change my name on that account? I've messaged Vlad several times to no avail. I understand this is not allowed, but I also believe deleting accounts should be allowed for the sake of privacy.

http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback...-to-change-your-username-1516.html#post159575

I have been to that thread multiple times, and this does not help that you keep referring people to this without any explanation. I've also saw that there were mentions of exceptions under "extenuating circumstances." If concerns about privacy and jobs are not considered "extenuating," I am not sure what is.

Irene, my dear, I was referring you to Vlad's specific post where he state, "I don't just change user names, especially not for folks that have their names established, sorry. Changes are only done if private information such as email or real name are given away." Since you have used a real name he will change it. Send him a PM and reference his post and ask that it be changed. He will.

Status
Not open for further replies.