**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

My thoughts.

First thing is they are trying to blame the shipping department that they didn't pack it properly. Ok so they didn't put it in the dustbag, but they are not the ones who cut the tag, removed the inside stuffing, etc. So don't even.

Number 2 is it is complete bull**** that the tag was not there. This bag was store fresh. I have the pictures that I took. I guess I can't prove those are the ones I sent to them, but still I have pictures where you can see the tag attached AND pictures of the tag itself.

Number 3 I don't think I want their 75%. They don't deserve to make **** off me.

My thoughts.

First thing is they are trying to blame the shipping department that they didn't pack it properly. Ok so they didn't put it in the dustbag, but they are not the ones who cut the tag, removed the inside stuffing, etc. So don't even.

Number 2 is it is complete bull**** that the tag was not there. This bag was store fresh. I have the pictures that I took. I guess I can't prove those are the ones I sent to them, but still I have pictures where you can see the tag attached AND pictures of the tag itself.

Number 3 I don't think I want their 75%. They don't deserve to make **** off me.

I disagree with your assessment. They really aren't "passing the buck."

1. They're accepting responsibility though attributing errors to their own possible lack of complete and proper training of new employees.

The following are the examples where they say they were wrong:

* We are embarrassed that this happened to you and it should not have happened.

* we still require that items are returned properly.

* even more concern should have been shown.

* In an interview with our "authenticator" and our "pricer" they do not think there was a tag attached--they may not remember correctly.

* But in this case it may have happened--I have learned when one thing is done wrong it has a tendency to cause another error and then another--so once again we are sorry.

I see them admitting to errors and making efforts to assure they don't happen in the future.

2. Again, they're admitting to the error stating that if one mistake happened, there's a good chance that others happened. (Respond and send them your pictures showing the tag attached to the bag.)

3. This is the one area where they aren't handling it correctly IMHO. For this comedy of errors, they should sell your item without charge. They messed up and handling it this way (as many of us who sell would do) would assure that they won't make the same mistakes again. Not earning their commission on an expensive bag will be a good lesson to all those employed by FP, from the top of the ladder down.

OK. I'm probably just too mad to think about this without fuming. I will send the pictures of the tags like you suggested.

Is Sarah's (fashionfile's owner/old owner) last name Davis? Someone named Sarah Davis just left me a message saying to e-mail her she feels bad blah blah.

I am going to respond with the pictures to the other one and then e-mail Sarah to see what she has to say.

OK. I'm probably just too mad to think about this without fuming. I will send the pictures of the tags like you suggested.

Is Sarah's (fashionfile's owner/old owner) last name Davis? Someone named Sarah Davis just left me a message saying to e-mail her she feels bad blah blah.

I am going to respond with the pictures to the other one and then e-mail Sarah to see what she has to say.

Yes, she's Sarah Davis. (This isn't disclosing someone's personal information. She has made it known what her name is.)

Suggest to her that she should eat the commission on this bag (or the next) to ensure that the errors don't happen again. (You might even want to refer her to your posts here.)

Per my post on the Chanel forum, I agree with BB that they should make you "whole" again, whether that means selling without commission or paying you the full price of your bag. You have proof that your bag was NWT from the photos you took when you sent it in, which is great, to show them that it was indeed NWT.

75% is absurd and pretty much a slap in the face; why would you take a 5% difference when your NWT bag is now NWOT and possibly scratched from how it was shipped?

You need to let her know this is NOT an acceptable solution to you, and that you want full compensation, not 5%.

They wouldn't, so this is a case of passing the blame. Shipping departments are all about getting things out, and taking the time to cut tags and take out stuffing just doesn't fit with their job functions. Something else is up with this story, and they are not being honest with the OP.

what bugs me is that SOMEONE did cut off the tag and they don't seem to be wanting to get to the bottom of it. Why would the shipping people cut off the tags and remove stuffing/dust cloth?

They wouldn't, so this is a case of passing the blame. Shipping departments are all about getting things out, and taking the time to cut tags and take out stuffing just doesn't fit with their job functions. Something else is up with this story, and they are not being honest with the OP.

While I don't understand why they'd cut the tag off, I believe the stuffing was removed in order to take pictures. Without going back to re-read, I believe that lallybelle's bag was listed by FP and if that's the case, it's necessary to unstuff it.

While I don't understand why they'd cut the tag off, I believe the stuffing was removed in order to take pictures. Without going back to re-read, I believe that lallybelle's bag was listed by FP and if that's the case, it's necessary to unstuff it.

Yes, I can see the photo department taking out the stuffing for photos, I can't see the shipping department doing so. The tag snipping I can't see ANY department justifying. NWT sells better than "excellent condition" any day, so long as it's truly NWT (as in mint condition plus still has the tag which indicates it wasn't carried).

One would think that they would put the stuffing back and put the bag back in the dust bag to ship it back to the OP, however. I would think that after bags are photographed, they are put in a secure location well wrapped, otherwise how could the condition stay the same as when photographed? Would they put NIB shoes loose on a shelf somewhere, while they advertise them as coming with the box/receipt/etc.? I sincerely hope not.

Well I just got off the phone with Sarah. She was extremely nice & I could tell she was as horrified as I was. She offered to sell my bag with no fees if I wanted to still sell it. I think I'm going to take her up on it. As for letting them sell my other bags, I told her I had to think about it. Overall I'm very pleased with Sarah's response, we missed each other a few times, but she kept trying.

Well I just got off the phone with Sarah. She was extremely nice & I could tell she was as horrified as I was. She offered to sell my bag with no fees if I wanted to still sell it. I think I'm going to take her up on it. As for letting them sell my other bags, I told her I had to think about it. Overall I'm very pleased with Sarah's response, we missed each other a few times, but she kept trying.

I think this is definitely what she should have done, so that you'd get the original value from the bag. I'm glad to hear she stood behind her business like this.

On a side note, I recently sold a bunch of NWT stuff to an online consignment site and I noticed they took the tags off some items and listed them as "like new" when they were completely NWT and never worn. Very strange. But in my case, I sold them, I didn't consign them, but it's still odd.

I think this is definitely what she should have done, so that you'd get the original value from the bag. I'm glad to hear she stood behind her business like this.

On a side note, I recently sold a bunch of NWT stuff to an online consignment site and I noticed they took the tags off some items and listed them as "like new" when they were completely NWT and never worn. Very strange. But in my case, I sold them, I didn't consign them, but it's still odd.

I could tell she was very sincere too. I wonder if maybe she's just not as involved in the day to day operations and that's where some things have gone wacky with them. Because obviously she's still around and when she found out about this she jumped right in.

What? That is weird, should have been listed as NWT. As you said in an earlier post, it will get a higher price, and they make more & you make more. Even if you sold outright, they could catch a bigger price for themselves.

Fashionphile is awful about responding to messages - especially if there is a problem with a delivery. I've been waiting on an item now for more than 6 weeks and all they can show is the shipping label info was electronically submitted and they won't refund my money and now won't respond.