**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I also would like to know some experiences with FP. There is a bag I would love to get my hands on. I have read alot of negative comments about transactions and if I'm going to spend my money I need to be assured.

I too had a bad experience with fashionphile. I put a downpayment on a epi speedy black. They had the bag listed as excellent condition, but after studying the pics i noticed dents. I called them about the dents and they confirmed the bag is not in excellent condition. I asked could i get a discount, and they said no the price was firm. I requested a refund, and went back to the site to find that they relisted the bag for about 150$ cheaper. smh ...

Just wanted to say that I have had only positive experiences with Fashionphile. I have already purchased 3 Chanel bags from them all using their layaway program. I love to be able to make payments & take 60 days to do so. My purchases are all vintage because that's what I love. When they have arrived they look exactly as described or better.
I have also been to their San Francisco store, which is right next to the Chanel Boutique. All of their handbags are out on shelves for you to look at, touch, try on with a full length mirror. Their sales associate came over & was very helpful in answering my questions.
I now have another vintage Chanel bag on layaway and have 2 months to pay for it. Even my hubby was happy about that. Hopefully someday if I decide to sell my bags, I will have the same positive experience that I have had as a purchasing customer.

Hi ladies, am hoping you can help with authenticating this.

Item Name: LOUIS VUITTON DINARD EPI NOIR BAG BLACK
Item Number: 221200342799
Seller ID: silent_soundz23
Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221200342799?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The photos do get closer in using the magnifier. Only photo missing I think is the date code, which I've asked for. But seller takes returns and has the receipt, so I'm inclined to go for it, then take it into Vuitton for final authentication if you think they'd do that? Thanks for any help.

Hi ladies, am hoping you can help with authenticating this.

Item Name: LOUIS VUITTON DINARD EPI NOIR BAG BLACK
Item Number: 221200342799
Seller ID: silent_soundz23
Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221200342799?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The photos do get closer in using the magnifier. Only photo missing I think is the date code, which I've asked for. But seller takes returns and has the receipt, so I'm inclined to go for it, then take it into Vuitton for final authentication if you think they'd do that? Thanks for any help.

You want to re-post this in the authentication thread or see if a mod can move it..:smile:

Just wanted to say that I have had only positive experiences with Fashionphile. I have already purchased 3 Chanel bags from them all using their layaway program. I love to be able to make payments & take 60 days to do so. My purchases are all vintage because that's what I love. When they have arrived they look exactly as described or better.
I have also been to their San Francisco store, which is right next to the Chanel Boutique. All of their handbags are out on shelves for you to look at, touch, try on with a full length mirror. Their sales associate came over & was very helpful in answering my questions.
I now have another vintage Chanel bag on layaway and have 2 months to pay for it. Even my hubby was happy about that. Hopefully someday if I decide to sell my bags, I will have the same positive experience that I have had as a purchasing customer.

I'm confused. If you're so confident about Fashionphile and you've already bought 3 bags from them and have another on layaway, and have been to their store, why are you asking for a bag from them to be authenticated? Perhaps you are not quite as confident really? Or perhaps when it comes right down to a purchase you are aware they have listed at least 5 fakes that have been caught on the forum so you want to be sure if you're going to buy one it isn't fake? I will say I agree about getting anything from Fashionphile authenticated. I still wouldn't purchase from this reseller under any circumstances. Posting that many fakes (after being called on it again and again) doesn't promote confidence. Clearly it didn't for you too?

This was your post just two months ago . . .

From the authenticate this forum - by DustyChanel:
I would love to know if this Chanel vintage bag is authentic. For me the older ones are confusing because they are all different.
Item Name: Chanel Vintage Lambskin Tortoise Chain CC Tote
Link: http://www.fashionphile.com/Chanel-v...-cc-tote-34059
Seller: Fashionphile
Who Took Pics: The Store
History of Bag: Pre-Loved (used)
Comments: I love Vintage Bags but I don’t know enough about them. The sticker on this one is the questionable item for me. For a vintage bag this tag looks very new. However, since it’s completely sewn in, maybe that’s common.
Thank You."

Absolutely great advice, as fakes have slipped by the most reputable of resellers.

Always authenticate, no matter who the seller is.

It really chaps my hide when someone makes a blanket statement, like "XXX ALWAYS sells authentic."

Ummm, no.....especially when a newb to that brand might not know any better.:nono:

I'm confused. If you're so confident about Fashionphile and you've already bought 3 bags from them and have another on layaway, and have been to their store, why are you asking for a bag from them to be authenticated?
To reinforce what the others have said, those who authenticate always urge potential buyers to have any item from any seller looked at by experts. Of course not all items are authenticated before purchase (and I've bought items without authenticating ahead of time), but the advice stands.

Any seller, honest or not can mistakenly list a fake. Understand that this is absolutely not to discount that the seller should have verified authenticity ahead of time, but mistakes happen and it isn't a sign of mistrust to have items confirmed as genuine.

JMHO.

I authenticate stuff that I'm sure is genuine - just to cover myself as I appreciate that whilst I'm pretty sure I know the stuff I know, I'm certainly not infallible and for me, it's always a good idea to have a second opinion.

I also would like to know some experiences with FP. There is a bag I would love to get my hands on. I have read alot of negative comments about transactions and if I'm going to spend my money I need to be assured.
My most recent (and FIRST) purchase from Fashionphile was a YSL red leather bag. The whole process from beginning to end went smoothly, and I am very happy with the bag as it was pictured and described. I have a Fendi on layaway with them as well. I have confidence in them. Plus, they have a bigger selection and offer layaway. :smile:

Last edited:
To reinforce what the others have said, those who authenticate always urge potential buyers to have any item from any seller looked at by experts. Of course not all items are authenticated before purchase (and I've bought items without authenticating ahead of time), but the advice stands.

Any seller, honest or not can mistakenly list a fake. Understand that this is absolutely not to discount that the seller should have verified authenticity ahead of time, but mistakes happen and it isn't a sign of mistrust to have items confirmed as genuine.

JMHO.

I agree - I just thought it was a little funny since she was so pro-Fashionphile. I won't touch anything from Fashionphile personally, but I do agree if anyone does want to jump out on a limb and try something from her, please authenticate both before and after receipt.