Be honest--do you use the kelly as an everyday bag?

GT Would you think about getting the Canvas strap as well? It would make a nice alternative to using the bag either as a shoulderbag AND as a messenger! I'm finding that with the Bag Charm Chain for my Olive Kelly, I use it tons as a messenger.......but if I could find an Olive canvas strap, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

GT Would you think about getting the Canvas strap as well? It would make a nice alternative to using the bag either as a shoulderbag AND as a messenger! I'm finding that with the Bag Charm Chain for my Olive Kelly, I use it tons as a messenger.......but if I could find an Olive canvas strap, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

shopmom, why not ask your SA at Hermes Alaska to have Claude or Pierre make a strap for you? They've got a record of your purchase, so they know you've got the bag. The only difference between a strap make at Hermes Madison and one from Paris is that "Made in Paris" would be omitted. Otherwise, they're identical.

:flowers: Princess frog

Yes thats me, Chanel Coat, hermes Pochette Black box kelly ( ostrich sometimes) waiting for the london train
someone said I look so English! and I said to them but everything I am wearing is mainly French!
At home in the country tatty jeans top and Lv shoulder bag or
such a contrast thing is I cant just wipe down a Kelly if I drop it in the mud whilst shutting the hens in

I have only ever owned Kellys its the strap, the shape a birkin just would not suit my lifestyle as much as I like them.

am waiting for my bolide to arrive will have to see how I get along with that
thankyou for chatting

shopmom, why not ask your SA at Hermes Alaska to have Claude or Pierre make a strap for you? They've got a record of your purchase, so they know you've got the bag. The only difference between a strap make at Hermes Madison and one from Paris is that "Made in Paris" would be omitted. Otherwise, they're identical.

OMG!!!!! Why didn't I think of that?????? I'm off to call my SA!!!! Thanks, Millstream!!!!!

I wore my 32cm Black Box Retournee Kelly just about every day for three years, and tucked her inside my coat or in her raincoat when the weather threatened to mar her delicate skin. However, the moment I got a 35cm Birkin she went into deep sleep. After not wearing her even once during the next three years, she was sent packing and is now living happily ever after with someone who appreciates her.

I've got a couple of 32cm Sellier Kellys that've been slumbering away, and this thread may be just the kick in the pants I've needed to wake them up and take them out to play. I'm going to the Metropolitan Opera on Saturday, and I've just invited my Croc Kelly to join me. She's thrilled!

I use my kelly any time it goes with what I have on - from casual to all dressed up. It's a great everyday bag, and it makes me feel a bit more finished, even if I have on really casual stuff!

Yes, yes, yes!! I'm going to order a gold canvas strap. I can't tell you how gaga I am over the 32 Kelly. Compared to my big Birkin, it's just so easy to carry and compact. Funny, I can fit the leather Kelly strap on me like a messenger because I'm so short waisted but it's not comfy for too long, but it's nice and I did that today for a bit. To me, the hardest place for a Kelly is the mall, where you're in and out of your bag all day. BUT, I've been there 2 times this week with Kelly and it's been GREAT! Again, the strap option saves me (mind you, I'm taking a busy 3 year old with me so that's an added variable!)
I just switch it around from my elbow, handheld or on my shoulder if I have packages or have to chase after you-know-who.
I honestly can say that I don't think I'll ever own another Birkin again. Kelly is my :heart: :yahoo: !

GT I'm really glad you're enjoying it!! As I mentioned, I'm going to get my shoulder strap shortened as I feel it's too long to be comfy for me - but shorter I'll be more inclined to use it during shopping adventures! In the past, the handle was a bit tiresome to carry on my arm or just in my hand...

^ Yeah, I can see where it would become tiresome after awhile. I think you're going to fall in love with this bag again after you get the strap shortened. Anyway, for daytime I just think it looks cool with the strap attached and dangling.

I'm still searching for my grail Kelly, but one question -- is it a bit more "dangerous" to wear a sellier Kelly with the shoulder strap because it moves more and may get scratches and dings? I'd want to wrap my hypothetical box kelly in my arms to protect her! Or should I just get over it because there's always the spa?!