Be honest--do you use the kelly as an everyday bag?

My first Hermes bags were Birkins (this is now over 10 years ago) and I did not think of a Kelly at that time. Then I bought my first which was a black box 35cm retourne from the boutique in New York when they were still on 57th street, Well that was love! Eleven Kellys later (OMG) I am still in love with the Kelly, Every day, every occasion there is a Kelly style that is right IMO. It can be super casual in clemence in a large size or super formal in exotic in a tiny size, For me the Birkin does not have the same range of adaptibility, it is always a tote bag, just bigger or smaller. And it does not have a shoulder strap, which is the all time clincher for all around ease of use daily. So I love Kelly and I encourage you to discover all her charms too! :heart:

I would use mine daily if I had one. I'm decked out in suits all the time, but I'm expecting that what it will do is simply make my weekend jeans look prissy when I use it then, which is no problem at all.

TammyD......I use my Kelly's all the time and I'm usually in jeans. I find that a Kelly with jeans just makes you feel more....put together, KWIM? More stylish. Once you get the hang of opening and closing it, a Kelly is a super daily bag.

Every day, every occasion there is a Kelly style that is right IMO.

I think that is what I am taking away from this discussion! No wonder everyone here has become a collector; there is a bag (a Kelly even) for every mood and style, and who can stop at just one. This does not bode well for my financial future, LOL.

Now I just need to decide what mood/style I will use the most, and struggle with the fact that what I like the most (rigide) is probably not the most practical (but as rainrowan pointed out a few posts back, practical is not necessarily the first priority when it comes to Hermes!).

A Kelly is a ladylike bag and if you are willing to take the "little bit" of extra time when you carry it...it is a wonderfull bag for daily use. If you are a person who rushes and throws things in bags...if you aren't patient...then maybe it would be a better bag for special times or limited use.

It is a gorgeous bag to use everyday...you get adjusted to it quickly...it just takes a bit of extra time each time you want to get in and out of it. We all need to slow down in life just a tiny, don't we?

Well said. I NEED to slow down sometimes! :yes: :yes:

I LOVE Birkins and really enjoy carrying mine but there is that certain something about the Kelly. It is so feminine just by itself. It makes me feel almost as good as my diamond engagement ring. Looking at it and feeling its weight on my arm is just a lovely feeling. It did take me a full week to get comfortable with it. As coming from an open tote (Birkin) is a large adjustment but I have to say that if you even remotely like the style of it it is worth the splurge!

Very girly but classic and I love that you see them less often than even Birkins. Where I live it seems like I see Birkins everyday, not that that is bad of course. But the Kelly is a special creature!

I have 3 Kellys, but I find that the Birkin is much more suited to my lifestyle than the Kelly, so I find that I can't use my Kelly as often as I'd like to...but I wear scrubs almost every day, and I feel like I'm not dressed up enough for my Kelly:sad:

OK - all this Kelly talk has me inspired - I'm breaking out my girl for dinner/movies tonight! Luckily we're having a dry weekend here in Ohio so she'll be happy...

resurrecting this thread ..
I do use it as an everyday bag - when it is not rainning #@$#Q@ I can stuff alot of stuff in there. I don't use the shoulderstraps except for one day when I was out on the buffet line ..:sweatdrop: Food comes first right? ;)

Kellybag is right, the Kelly is so lady-like, but I totally love it. I do find myself dressing up abit more when I carry her.

After bringing her to work, I find myself checking out the "Go Kelly thread" looking and drooling over more Kellys and cooking up my next Kelly. :P

thanks for bringing this thread up again, pf! someday i want a kelly, it was my first planned H bag purchase...ah well, i still hope to get one at some point down the line... i just love that i can reach in my birkin and get my cell phone if its ringing or my wallet when i need it...but there's something elegant about the kelly! :flowers: