Be honest--do you use the kelly as an everyday bag?

:flowers: Princess frog

Yes thats me, Chanel Coat, hermes Pochette Black box kelly ( ostrich sometimes) waiting for the london train
someone said I look so English! and I said to them but everything I am wearing is mainly French!
At home in the country tatty jeans top and Lv shoulder bag or
such a contrast thing is I cant just wipe down a Kelly if I drop it in the mud whilst shutting the hens in

I have only ever owned Kellys its the strap, the shape a birkin just would not suit my lifestyle as much as I like them.

am waiting for my bolide to arrive will have to see how I get along with that
thankyou for chatting

ardneish: When you get your bolide, post it in the Ode to Bolide thread, I am sure all bolides are welcome :flowers:

I have been enjoying and carrying daily my Kelly Flat Sellier in Gold swift to work and during weekends. I find it much lighter than my birkins and also like that it is less wide making it appear slimmer. It think swift leather is so easy to maintain where dirt or grease can be easily wiped off with a damp cloth.

I don't...I'm too slapdash with my stuff. I find it hard to wear a Kelly everyday, especially with young children...My Mom, is just the opposite, she wears her Kellys everyday, but not her Birkins.

EMNH, I think it's just personal preferance. I'd only take my Birkin 35 out when I was alone. Too bulky, large and heavy while trying to manage two active kids and shopping bags. But Kelly with strap goes right on my shoulder or hands-free as a messenger. I've had it for a week and haven't put it down! It goes everywhere!

i'm a little bummed that i haven't been using my new black box kelly. maybe it's because i dress too casually and the sellier/GHW doesn't go. so, while i end up admiring it on my desk, it never goes out with me. i'd love an everyday bag but at this point i don't know if i should go with a casual kelly or birkin. seems like most people don't know which they prefer until they own both! with the baby, the kelly seems easier with the strap, but on the other hand, i could access things right away with a birkin. hmmmm...

^ that's a tough choice. I'd keep that classic BB Kelly. I think it's gorgeous with jeans, a white tee and ballet flats!
On the other hand, I love retourne Kellys in more casual leathers. I'm wearing mine today with cargo capris, wedges and a tee. Fits right in.
FOR ME, I decided that having the shoulder strap was worth more than the easier access of the Birkin.

gt, i love your new gold togo kelly. after seeing yours, i'm convinced that my next kelly or birkin will have PHW. thanks for the outfit suggestion. i should start dressing to go with the kelly, not vice versa. (i'm typing as i stare at the bb kelly on my desk, ha ha!

Took Olive Kelly out again today!!!!! Wore jeans, black T, black zip-up sweater and black suede flats. And I ran errands, did the grocey shopping AND went to the office for a bit........Olive went everywhere!!!

gt, i love your new gold togo kelly. after seeing yours, i'm convinced that my next kelly or birkin will have PHW. thanks for the outfit suggestion. i should start dressing to go with the kelly, not vice versa. (i'm typing as i stare at the bb kelly on my desk, ha ha!

Thank you! One can never have too many Kellys!

Kim-mac, try a retourne Kelly. I find it's so much easier to get in and out of, and the strap is really useful. That said, I am not a Birkin fan and have never used one, so I can't say much about access. It is easy to access Kelly with the shoulder strap, and even without, I just hold it in one arm and I don't find it difficult.

KIM-MAC.........a retourne would be a wonderful alternative and one you can pack a ton in and use on a daily basis without feeling too dressed. I'd keep that classic Black though.....no doubt about that! But I think you'd also like a more casual bag in a more casual leather......think about Clemence or Togo or VL. All wonderful casual leathers!!!!