Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Item: Baby Courier 9505
Listing number:
Link: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m63533173858/
Comments: received item and it just doesn’t feel right. Not as heavy as I would have expected. Feels fake. Hardware is skinny and not chunky. Everything feels flimsy.

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpeg
    IMG_3224.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3231.jpeg
    IMG_3231.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3230.jpeg
    IMG_3230.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3229.jpeg
    IMG_3229.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3228.jpeg
    IMG_3228.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 13
Item: Baby Courier 9505
Listing number:
Link: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m63533173858/
Comments: received item and it just doesn’t feel right. Not as heavy as I would have expected. Feels fake. Hardware is skinny and not chunky. Everything feels flimsy.
It appears authentic. I had two couriers, one pre-creed and the other NYC, so before and after yours was made. Both had heavier buckles than yours seems to. However, I have other bags from this era with skinny buckles like that. The reason they did it was because they were solid brass and the thicker ones were really heavy.

It appears authentic. I had two couriers, one pre-creed and the other NYC, so before and after yours was made. Both had heavier buckles than yours seems to. However, I have other bags from this era with skinny buckles like that. The reason they did it was because they were solid brass and the thicker ones were really heavy.
Ok, and the zipper pull? Different than any other vintage coach I have. And your Couriers have thinner leather than let’s say the nyc Patricia bags? My first Courier and expected thick leather feel. Really appreciate your help🙏🏼

Ok, and the zipper pull? Different than any other vintage coach I have. And your Couriers have thinner leather than let’s say the nyc Patricia bags? My first Courier and expected thick leather feel. Really appreciate your help🙏🏼
Not an authenticator, but happy to throw in my 2-cents. I had a baby courier from NY City, it had those same thin buckles. I've seen those same design zipper pulls on early Coach authenticated bags before. I think the bag is stunning and perfect! If I had seen that bag at that price I would have bought it in a heartbeat and I'd be dancing in the street. ETA. Here's my Courier with the thin buckles.

Attachments

• baby courier thin buckles.jpg
    baby courier thin buckles.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not an authenticator, but happy to throw in my 2-cents. I had a baby courier from NY City, it had those same thin buckles. I've seen those same design zipper pulls on early Coach authenticated bags before. I think the bag is stunning and perfect! If I had seen that bag at that price I would have bought it in a heartbeat and I'd be dancing in the street. ETA. Here's my Courier with the thin buckles.
This is great feedback, truly appreciate :smile: Do you recall your Courier feeling like thinner leather compared to other coach vintage bags?

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2087.jpeg
    IMG_2087.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4
My pre-creed Courier had thinner leather. Also, on older bags the leather isn't as supple as more recent, say 90s, bags. The leather gets thinner as they lose moisture. Connie is right about the zipper pull. They were used on earlier bags.

My pre-creed Courier had thinner leather. Also, on older bags the leather isn't as supple as more recent, say 90s, bags. The leather gets thinner as they lose moisture. Connie is right about the zipper pull. They were used on earlier bags.
You all are the best, appreciate your time. After a layer of leather cpr, feeling much better. Thank you thank you thank you

Reactions: whateve
Last edited:
Hello, I am new here and not familiar with how this works or the format of this platform. Can someone authenticate this coach bag please? It is my own listing and I was going to give it to my mother. Thank you, hope I am not doing something wrong. https://poshmark.com/listing/Legacy-Leather-Tote-Bucket-Bag-6616dc5314d7a68974f24a07
There should be a thread pinned to very top of each page in this sub-forum. Its titled "IMPORTANT READ-ME" and has the formatting/info/pics/links you'd need for either online/in-person purchases :smile: