Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Look at my amazingly beautiful burgundy briefcase!! :smile: Please and thank you for an authentication. Here's the deal on this bag! I found it on shopgoodwill.com advertised as "vintage brown leather purse." It's neither brown or a purse. They also didn't know it was Coach! I did! Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/196239475
Measures: 16.5 x 11 x 3
Authentic. Looks like an Embassy brief #5282, late 80s or early 90s.

View attachment 5992897View attachment 5992898View attachment 5992899View attachment 5992900View attachment 5992901View attachment 5992902View attachment 5992903View attachment 5992904hello
Is this coach bag original? Thanks for the answers

Please post a link to the listing and the seller's ID.

I don't know where is the seller's ID
It looks like the seller's ID is Dawid.

I am sure that bag is NOT authentic. Tabby bags are scarily closely faked and I'm positive that this one is a fake.

It looks like you didn't purchase it yet and if that's correct, DO NOT BUY!

Reactions: Jacynthe
It looks like the seller's ID is Dawid.

I am sure that bag is NOT authentic. Tabby bags are scarily closely faked and I'm positive that this one is a fake.

It looks like you didn't purchase it yet and if that's correct, DO NOT BUY!
Thank you
ID olciaaaa303
And is it original?

Thank you
ID olciaaaa303
And is it original?
Before commenting on authenticity, I'd like to see both parts of the snap (male and female) - the back of the underside of the top flap and the part into which it snaps.

Thanks

Thanks. Absolutely no idea. Just couldn’t leave it. Open to suggestions.
I would remove the straps completely. Then you could figure out how to add D rings or just punch eyelets in the sides to attach a strap like they originally did on this style when it first came out. Or just use it as a clutch, without a strap.

Once you remove the sewing for the straps, you'll probably have a lot of holes. I don't know what you could do to cover those up. Ideally you would have matching leather to make tabs for the D rings and cover up those holes but that would be a lot of work.

Hello everyone, please help me authenticate this bag!

I found this briefcase at my local charity shop today in Sydney Australia. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some info on it! It doesn’t have a serial number so I was skeptical. Thanks in advance 😁

Attachments

• IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5030.jpeg
    IMG_5030.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 13
Hello everyone, please help me authenticate this bag! I found this briefcase at my local charity shop today in Sydney Australia. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some info on it! It doesn’t have a serial number so I was skeptical. Thanks in advance 😁

Apologies, I forgot to add Measurements=
Height : 11 inches
Width : 16 inches
Depth : 3 inches

Also found a made in Vietnam tag inside!

Guilty of an impulse buy. I've never seen this in tangerine, but I can picture it with my rust bags. Hoping for a thumbs up.

seller: ThePenniePincher

Item number: 116165227135

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

• Love
Reactions: whateve
Hello everyone, please help me authenticate this bag!

I found this briefcase at my local charity shop today in Sydney Australia. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some info on it! It doesn’t have a serial number so I was skeptical. Thanks in advance 😁

Apologies, I forgot to add Measurements=
Height : 11 inches
Width : 16 inches
Depth : 3 inches

Also found a made in Vietnam tag inside!
So far, there are no red flags. But to be sure, I'd like to see a few more pictures.

Buried deep inside the lower left corner of the interior zipper pocket, there should be a small white tag with 2 rows of letters/numbers. Please post a picture of that tag as well as both sides of the made in tag.