Asian Nose Job 3

I believe on his computer have tons of before and after photos! I remembered I was reviewing it on his computer when I was there. I also too lazy to take b&a photos also. Friends commented that "only close friend will notice the changes but new meet friend will never know the changes as it was done so naturally~" LOL!

jainsley said:
Do most of you correspond with the offices (in Korea) via email and then schedule your surgery? Or do you fly over for an in-person consultation first?

Hi !

Ive been emailing their offices for the past month ish. I think most people email first then choose a few to see in person first for consult then decide who to go with but for me i will prob narrow it down to two and choose. Although I have Dr Jung in mind at the moment for S.Korea.
Although if Dr Wang finally decides to email me back I may consider him!!

WATERsKIN said:
I don't have b&a surgery... Before photos hmm... Have to find or watch it 'live' in skype or FaceTime? XD

Dont you have any old pictures of yourself? Then take a new photo ~ ?? I would like to see also!

rohnin said:
well mine won't require costal cartilage, so just rhinoplasty with maybe auricular cartilage or some sort of artificial implant? i wish i had more time but want to be safe. also, now i'm having trouble deciding between ITEM clinic and Banobagi!

If I had to choose out of the two I would prob choose ITEM. I heard they are good with implants and they make the tip really sharp.
Banobagi i have been emailing and they dont seem to know as much plus they dont speak English? As they said they can provide a translator?? If thats true I would prob not go!! Although if youre Korean then obv thats fine haha

surgeryaddict said:
he is not from a good/recognised medical school.

i think the credentials from dr kao of taiwan is better.

A Dr's educational background is irrelevent if his technique is good. I mean look at all the US surgeons - all probably got better education but there b+as compared to some over in Asia are not as good!!
Dr Wang has had MANY good reviews and he is skilled in rib cartalige!
And also whats wrong with Dailan? Its a business district that was a tourist hotspot a few years back. So it isnt BeiJing? And? Location isnt everything!!

surgeryaddict said:
china medical university is not known in china... the top medical faculties in china are tsinghua and i think beijing university ( cant remember , but tsinghua is the best, never heard of china medical university ).

i chose the surgeon for my de revision in korea and one factor was the university. dr kim from bk dongyang went to seoul national uni, the best uni in korea, compared to another doctor who charges higher and went to another uni, which has no name.

so i hope this can shed some light about selection processes that i employ.

also, photos can be edited , so please dont be too astonished about dr wang ting;s photos on his website, they can be edited ( hey even VIP clinic photoshops their pictures to make it less swollen and more refined )

finally, going to dr wang ting was never even on my agenda and those who want to jump the gun and go ahead, i say all the best and let us know what happens to you.

i feel that dr kao is better, and i have heard first and second-hand accounts of his good work.

ALSO dr kim is skilled in eyelid surgery but when it comes to rhino he is not - its a fact. Even koreans suggest other Drs over him for rhino.
The fact you are choosing someone over there education rather than technique is naive.

I'm just warning you guys to be careful . My selection process has raised some question marks and thus I feel that I rather go to a more qualified surgeon or more known option at least judging on reviews

Those who jump the gun please don't blame me for not warning you prior to the surgery .

Dr Kim did my double eyelid because he's fm a top school and he has a few papers with impressive photos on de revision

Yes dr Wang may have some videos but don't you think it's probably the better ones that he has ? Also , a flexible nose doesn't mean anything . What's the big deal?

For those who prefer ignorance over raising question marks , all the best.

A few people did not need my advice of avoiding wish clinic in Taiwan with dr Chuang and they regretted .

When you choose medical schools , only the best students can go to the top schools . In other words their aptitude for sciences and even languages is probably higher . Fact that dr Wang didn't to to Tsinghua speaks a lot of his aptitude and Attitude in life before university . Good luck !!

dr wang also has 3 videos where he demonstrates how flexible his noses are after surgery. i doubt those were edited

also, med school qualifications have more to do with technical skills than aesthetics.
a surgeon from a top med school is guaranteed to have more technical knowledge, but that does not necessarily mean that they can make a more beautiful nose. they aren't graded on how well their cosmetic surgeries turn out after all.

thats just my 2 cents, but i think dr wang is a viable choice for pp
l who want rib cartilage.

i had a hard time finding b&a pics from dr kao. if you ask by email, he won't give any. and he has maybe a dozen low resolution pics on his blog. are there any b&a pics on the sg expats forum? i haven't gone through that forum, but i would be interested if there were b&a pics of his work.

What makes you say that Wang has good aesthetics ? Anyway aesthetics are subjective . A good surgeon I would trust would definitely need to have a good repertoire of technical skills . If he's not from a good medical school he has to have a set of evidence to convince me of his aptitude Nd skill set

Dr Kao patients have shared with me a few before and afters which range from subtle to dramatic . Sharp to natural . Unfortunately they are private or I don't have it anymore

frankly speaking, finding a good surgeon needs a lot of research and background check. Find as much review of the surgeon before making your choices. LIsten on both ways will be good. From surgeon himself is not enough, review from patient, b&a photos and etc etc.
Every country will have it's own good surgeon, but hard to find. So make a right decision rather than a wrong one. At the end of the day it's up to you. Get a right you're lucky. Get a wrong one, good luck. Do as much research as possible. Talk to people posted in the forum that had surgery with the surgeon. Like what I did. Ask for before and after photos if any. So be careful all. :smile:

If I had to choose out of the two I would prob choose ITEM. I heard they are good with implants and they make the tip really sharp.
Banobagi i have been emailing and they dont seem to know as much plus they dont speak English? As they said they can provide a translator?? If thats true I would prob not go!! Although if youre Korean then obv thats fine haha

thanks! i haven't heard back from ITEM but Banobagi responds daily. i just wonder if it's enough time to get consulted on the 12th and then go home by the 20th..? the more i read the more i questions i seem to have, but to make it easy i just want to decide between 2 or maybe 3 clinics..

is it true that at some point in life later you will need a revision??

I'm just warning you guys to be careful . My selection process has raised some question marks and thus I feel that I rather go to a more qualified surgeon or more known option at least judging on reviews

Those who jump the gun please don't blame me for not warning you prior to the surgery .

Dr Kim did my double eyelid because he's fm a top school and he has a few papers with impressive photos on de revision

Yes dr Wang may have some videos but don't you think it's probably the better ones that he has ? Also , a flexible nose doesn't mean anything . What's the big deal?

For those who prefer ignorance over raising question marks , all the best.

A few people did not need my advice of avoiding wish clinic in Taiwan with dr Chuang and they regretted .

I appreciate your opinion even though I'm happy with my nose. You raised some valid points. I wonder why one doctor in China who didn't go to a top med school (<< this I'm not going to debate, I'm just skimming over the posts) is able to develop a flexible rib technique and not top doctors anywhere else.... ?

Btw, a flexible nose is rather important to consider, which I realize now that I have a stiff nose that doesn't move. When you're kissing someone, whether it's your bf or your puppy, your nose is like a rock digging into their skin. It's probably hard to understand if you don't have a hard nose.