Asian Nose Job 3

why i ultimately feel that dr wang ting from china is not the best choice

1) he is not from the two top china universities, namely tsinghua and another ( i forgot the name ). these two medical faculties are the best in china.

2) he seems to self-advertise a lot on his website, claiming hes top 5 . who said he's top 5? himself?

3) what is his qualification? is he ear-nose-throat , or is he a plastic surgeon? or is he a dermatologist or internist? can more light be shed?

4) typically the best doctors are available in the maincity ( though there are exceptions ). as we know bei jing is the capital city ( and is a primate city ) A primate city is the leading city in its country or region, disproportionately larger than any others in the urban hierarchy. the primate cities in china are beijing, shanghai, guangzhou, etc. who's heard of da lian? hmm, questions are raised.

BEIJING
Population (2010)[2]
• Municipality
• Density
1,167.3160/km2 (3,023.3346/sq mi)

DA LIAN
Population (2009)[1]
• Sub-provincial city
• Density
466.1/km2 (1,207.2/sq mi)

Best surgeons in korea are typically based in seoul, korea. best surgeons in china, are not the exception., same goes for thailand.

5) any reviews from purseforum, sgexpats, that are written in english and are credible ( i.e. by members who are active and have lots of posts ) and with pictures? none.

6) china, as you know, is dodgy.. that itself is a big reason, but lets be realistic

7) what medical papers has he published on this subject matter?

perhaps those interested in him can look into these large question marks before jumping the gun. i feel that the korean surgeons and dr kao from taiwan are much more trustworthy and reputable.

1) he is not from the two top china universities, namely tsinghua and another ( i forgot the name ). these two medical faculties are the best in china.

2) he seems to self-advertise a lot on his website, claiming hes top 5 . who said he's top 5? himself?

3) what is his qualification? is he ear-nose-throat , or is he a plastic surgeon? or is he a dermatologist or internist? can more light be shed?

4) typically the best doctors are available in the maincity ( though there are exceptions ). as we know bei jing is the capital city ( and is a primate city ) A primate city is the leading city in its country or region, disproportionately larger than any others in the urban hierarchy. the primate cities in china are beijing, shanghai, guangzhou, etc. who's heard of da lian? hmm, questions are raised.

BEIJING
Population (2010)[2]
• Municipality
• Density

DA LIAN
Population (2009)[1]
• Sub-provincial city
• Density

Best surgeons in korea are typically based in seoul, korea. best surgeons in china, are not the exception., same goes for thailand.

5) any reviews from purseforum, sgexpats, that are written in english and are credible ( i.e. by members who are active and have lots of posts ) and with pictures? none.

6) china, as you know, is dodgy.. that itself is a big reason, but lets be realistic

perhaps those interested in him can look into these large question marks before jumping the gun. i feel that the korean surgeons and dr kao from taiwan are much more trustworthy and reputable.

thank you for giving me yr opinions,..yr opinions are appreciated..

based on his website, he's from China Medical University fm liaoning...
wonder the medical faculty at ther...
however the pics shown in his website looks fab...

i do agree there is no reviews fm the pursueforum n sgexpats...but things used to be explored by the first person....
even the plastic surgeon in korea too...
one's used to stand up n explore the plastic surgery clinic in korea...

a lots of forumer fm purseforum explore the plastic surgery in korea n therefore some clinics are reputable among the forumer but not locals..tats the problem i really concern with..

there might be a lots of gd ( or even better ) plastic surgery clinic in among the korean besides vip, banobagi, shimmian, bkdy, item, id....etc...but who dare to explore??every region has gd plastic surgeon n disqualified plastic surgeon...not all korean plastic surgeon r qualified n trustworthy..

okay, lets back to the dr wang's issue, b4 this, i heard one ( or many ) of the forumer fm the sgexpat is going to have nj with dr wang, by at the end...disappear..nvr heard fm him/her after...juz wondering wats going on...

mayb i stick to dr kao instead.....btw..thx for sharing yr opinions with me..
i really appreciate it..:smile::smile::smile::smile:

You could try do a member search on this site? Best thing to do really is just look through the other 2 nose job theeads and read VIP reviews there. There should be quite a few !! Just google "VIP clinic review (or experience) purseblog" and usually they link to different posts that mention VIP or review or experience. Thats how I found most posts on Dr.Jung!!

Thanks, Sesame! I'm on page 437 of the 2nd thread. It seems like HHer sent information to other members via email; if anyone knows her, please ask her to check-in here so that I can beg for a detailed VIP review. :biggrin:

These threads have been so helpful!!! Thank you all for contributing.

hi, i just joined because i'm going to S Korea (Banobagi Yeoksam) for a rhinoplasty March 12 week. i'm a chinese american male, 34, and i don't want to be bored the whole week! anyone else going there that week? places to stay (they offered a guest room but i'm not sure about it yet). other recommendations? thank you!

BEIJING
Population (2010)[2]
• Municipality
• Density

DA LIAN
Population (2009)[1]
• Sub-provincial city
• Density

if u go onto his website there should be a page written in english explaining where he went to school, what programs and doctors he has studied under (including hospitals), what certifications he has, and the boards he is part of, along with some material he has published.

it is a bit scary that he is not in a major city like Beijing or shanghai but if he has all the credentials and talent (which he seems to have) why not go to him? i dont think the fact tht he is not in a major city would deter me from going to him. at the end of the day it is up to all of us to do the research, whether the surgeon is in a known city or not. there are many un-certified plastic surgery clinics in seoul that we all have to look out for.

Thanks, Sesame! I'm on page 437 of the 2nd thread. It seems like HHer sent information to other members via email; if anyone knows her, please ask her to check-in here so that I can beg for a detailed VIP review. :biggrin:

These threads have been so helpful!!! Thank you all for contributing.

pm me ure email and ill send u her review on vip

so i'm planning my rhinoplasty and will be in Seoul from March 12 (a Monday) until March 20 leaving in the morning. is that a safe enough time? they said 7 days at least

That's great, what are you having done? I plan on having a rhinoplasty with costal cartilage, which might require a longer stay. I'd like to stay for at least 2-3 weeks.

That's great, what are you having done? I plan on having a rhinoplasty with costal cartilage, which might require a longer stay. I'd like to stay for at least 2-3 weeks.

well mine won't require costal cartilage, so just rhinoplasty with maybe auricular cartilage or some sort of artificial implant? i wish i had more time but want to be safe. also, now i'm having trouble deciding between ITEM clinic and Banobagi!

china medical university is not known in china... the top medical faculties in china are tsinghua and i think beijing university ( cant remember , but tsinghua is the best, never heard of china medical university ).

i chose the surgeon for my de revision in korea and one factor was the university. dr kim from bk dongyang went to seoul national uni, the best uni in korea, compared to another doctor who charges higher and went to another uni, which has no name.

so i hope this can shed some light about selection processes that i employ.

also, photos can be edited , so please dont be too astonished about dr wang ting;s photos on his website, they can be edited ( hey even VIP clinic photoshops their pictures to make it less swollen and more refined )

finally, going to dr wang ting was never even on my agenda and those who want to jump the gun and go ahead, i say all the best and let us know what happens to you.

i feel that dr kao is better, and i have heard first and second-hand accounts of his good work.

thank you for giving me yr opinions,..yr opinions are appreciated..

based on his website, he's from China Medical University fm liaoning...
wonder the medical faculty at ther...
however the pics shown in his website looks fab...

i do agree there is no reviews fm the pursueforum n sgexpats...but things used to be explored by the first person....
even the plastic surgeon in korea too...
one's used to stand up n explore the plastic surgery clinic in korea...

a lots of forumer fm purseforum explore the plastic surgery in korea n therefore some clinics are reputable among the forumer but not locals..tats the problem i really concern with..

there might be a lots of gd ( or even better ) plastic surgery clinic in among the korean besides vip, banobagi, shimmian, bkdy, item, id....etc...but who dare to explore??every region has gd plastic surgeon n disqualified plastic surgeon...not all korean plastic surgeon r qualified n trustworthy..

okay, lets back to the dr wang's issue, b4 this, i heard one ( or many ) of the forumer fm the sgexpat is going to have nj with dr wang, by at the end...disappear..nvr heard fm him/her after...juz wondering wats going on...

mayb i stick to dr kao instead.....btw..thx for sharing yr opinions with me..
i really appreciate it..:smile::smile::smile::smile:

if u go onto his website there should be a page written in english explaining where he went to school, what programs and doctors he has studied under (including hospitals), what certifications he has, and the boards he is part of, along with some material he has published.

it is a bit scary that he is not in a major city like Beijing or shanghai but if he has all the credentials and talent (which he seems to have) why not go to him? i dont think the fact tht he is not in a major city would deter me from going to him. at the end of the day it is up to all of us to do the research, whether the surgeon is in a known city or not. there are many un-certified plastic surgery clinics in seoul that we all have to look out for.

he is not from a good/recognised medical school.

i think the credentials from dr kao of taiwan is better.

dr wang also has 3 videos where he demonstrates how flexible his noses are after surgery. i doubt those were edited

also, med school qualifications have more to do with technical skills than aesthetics.
a surgeon from a top med school is guaranteed to have more technical knowledge, but that does not necessarily mean that they can make a more beautiful nose. they aren't graded on how well their cosmetic surgeries turn out after all.

thats just my 2 cents, but i think dr wang is a viable choice for ppl who want rib cartilage.

i had a hard time finding b&a pics from dr kao. if you ask by email, he won't give any. and he has maybe a dozen low resolution pics on his blog. are there any b&a pics on the sg expats forum? i haven't gone through that forum, but i would be interested if there were b&a pics of his work.