Anyone ever consigned with Ann's Fabulous Find's?

All of my experiences with Ann's have been nothing short of fabulous. Great correspondence through email (some even replied to by Ann herself), friendly staff on the phone, and through Facebook. I have sent items to them for consignment -- all of them have now sold. They get a great variety of stuff and in all my experiences that stay very well connected to their customers. They are my favorite online consignment boutique. :smile:

I've gotten a lot of things from AFF and have been very happy with their service. There was a Hermes bracelet I was considering once and I emailed for a more detailed condition description and they said if I wasn't pleased with the bracelet, I could just send it back. Though they didn't mention restocking fees.

Either way, I got my first Balenciaga bag from them and it was in way better condition that described, it is still my very fave Bal Bag. It even came with extra tassels, which weren't mentioned in the description.

I saw a bag I am really interested on their website so I did a quick search here and found mostly good reviews though this quite recent post is making me think twice.
However I decide to give them a shot.

I talked to a female rep there called
Sarah about the purse I am interested yesterday morning and requested an additional photo to be emailed to me. She took down my name and email and said I should receive photos within 24 hours. She also said in the meantime they will put the purse on hold for me. I also emailed Ann's email about this.

This morning I still didn't receive any email, neither from the photographer nor from Ann. The bag now shows: on hold. I called again and got Sarah. I told her I haven't received any photos. She said they had a lot of photo requests yesterday and reassured me I should receive photos today and the bag is on hold for me. However, I checked my email again at 6pm and still nothing from them. The website now shows the bag is on layaway.

I sent Ann another email regarding the confusion. I'm also going to call them first thing in the morning. I definitely would say my experience so far with them is nowhere near fabulous.

Nothing but positive.

I never made internet purchase before when I decided to get myself a brown Fendi Spy they had.

This happened last summer and all of them were friendly and patience with me being first time buyer and they helped anyway they could and answered righ away to all my silly mails.

Fendi I got was incredibly beautiful, in very good condition and arrived immiadly after my payment.

Thanks folks, u got a customer here:biggrin:

Well I myself am not a re-seller and was not that impressed as others on this thread. In my own experience I had better success with both buying and consigning with other consigners.

In the past I have had good experiences with AFF, but this morning I had some of the same bad luck with them that OP did.

I purchased a bag but didn't pay for it immediately. Doing it that way gives you a hold on the bag. I got an automated message that the bag was being held for me for a certain number of hours (I think it was 24 but I don't remember exactly.) I didn't pay because I was hoping to apply some sales proceeds from an item that they sold for me, so I needed to talk to someone at AFF.

I went to call them a few hours later and noticed that the bag showed as "on layaway". Since I hadn't yet talked to them I had a bad feeling. Turns out it was on layaway for another buyer. I was told that the system will allow 2 people to purchase an item at the same time, but only one of the sales goes through. So although I got an automated message that the bag would be held for me, it was in reality sold to someone else

I am just glad that I did not pay immediately because I'm pretty sure the system would have taken my payment even though someone was getting the bag. I guess my learning in this is not to assume that you've actually bought the item, and not to pay until you talk to them and know that you actually did get it.

Very disappointing.

In the past I have had good experiences with AFF, but this morning I had some of the same bad luck with them that OP did.

I purchased a bag but didn't pay for it immediately. Doing it that way gives you a hold on the bag. I got an automated message that the bag was being held for me for a certain number of hours (I think it was 24 but I don't remember exactly.) I didn't pay because I was hoping to apply some sales proceeds from an item that they sold for me, so I needed to talk to someone at AFF.

I went to call them a few hours later and noticed that the bag showed as "on layaway". Since I hadn't yet talked to them I had a bad feeling. Turns out it was on layaway for another buyer. I was told that the system will allow 2 people to purchase an item at the same time, but only one of the sales goes through. So although I got an automated message that the bag would be held for me, it was in reality sold to someone else

I am just glad that I did not pay immediately because I'm pretty sure the system would have taken my payment even though someone was getting the bag. I guess my learning in this is not to assume that you've actually bought the item, and not to pay until you talk to them and know that you actually did get it.

Very disappointing.

Oh, my GOD.... I have to be careful with my next purchase from them. Sorry to hear about your bag.

Has anyone else noticed that certain items on AFF are not available for layaway purchase? Many bigger ticket items (like Hermes bags) now have a waiting period before they can be put on layaway. I wonder when this new policy went into effect? It certainly makes sense, but it will affect buyers like me who have to save up for more expensive items.

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. Now the consignor can decide how she wants her bags to be sold- layaway or not, and length of layaway. I know this can be an inconvenience for the buyers but, as a consignor, it is nice to get the choice.

Previously, your items would be offered for up to a 60 day layaway period, and then it was usually another month to get your check. That seemed like forever if you were counting on the money!