Anyone ever consigned with Ann's Fabulous Find's?

It was nice that they contacted you to explain the mix-up and offered you the $35 gift certificate on top of thier apology- they didn't have to do anything. They also headed off the mistakenly deposited check BEFORE it was deducted from your account.

Sounds to me like they were on top of the situation before you were even aware of it and before it cost you any money out of pocket. [ From thier standpoint the stop check charge was not necessary so I understand their reluctance to pay.]

It sounds like they did everything in their control to remedy the mix-up.

I agree. This is not an operation where they say, "hey, this one wants to layaway, but this one will buy outright, so I'm going to screw the first person and sell to the second." I have missed my HG bag because it is "on layaway" 3 times now, and I always, as you did, ask to be notified if it does not complete as I would buy it outright. It never has come to me, so I figure 1) My HG is many people's HG, and 2) AFF does not play favorites between buyers and layawayers. So this was just an error on their part where the bag sold before they could get the hold on the system for your layaway. And I'm sure they will send you the check back. There was no need to stop payment on it.

My review of AFF. I have bought 3 things from them so far. 1) LV, better shape than the pictures, very fair price, as I see them go on ebay for more. Was very happy with it. 2) LV luggage, this one I did not like when it came. Was just not what I thought it would be, though I thought it was fairly described. They took it back, credited my account and waived the restocking fee. 3) Cartier ring. Loved it, loved it. Great condition. Always comes in a few days.

They are very nice people, and they are fair. They run a fair business. So I give them a thumbs up without hesitation. :tup:

That having been said, mistakes happen. Accept that they do and will and move on. Perfection is a mythological creature and chasing it, especially in the consignment world is not advisable. Even in the boutiques, mistakes happen at retail prices...so be fair and patient and all will be well. Don't presume you are being treated unfairly right off the bat. (I say that bc someone just used HG and you presumed they "knew something" which tells me you seem to be very skittish and suspicious about all net related transactions. Probably for good reason, but be patient and they will get back to you. :smile:

Some items have a restocking fee if you return, so make sure you read their terms. This may be why the last poster was "shorted" $100?

Oh, and I eventually got my HG, but am bored with it 2 years later...such is the life of a bagaholic...

I agree. This is not an operation where they say, "hey, this one wants to layaway, but this one will buy outright, so I'm going to screw the first person and sell to the second."

So, if you purchase something lets say on eBay and do not use auto payment you beleive that it is okay for the seller to sell the item to someone else after you have confirmation that it is your purchase just because they say I will pay right now and immediate payment was not required at the time of your purchase?

Interesting.

I'm not sure how AFF is affiliated with Portero Luxury, but I often see AFF's merchandise listed on Portero's Web site. Lzamare, I wonder if the item you purchased sold first on Portero but for some reason AFF's Web site was not updated quickly enough? I'm sorry you missed out on your bag -- I hope you find another one soon!

ETA: I have bought several items from AFF over the years and have always been pleased with my purchases. Their customer service is usually top notch. I'm sure this was just an unfortunate oversight on their end. I do agree that they should pay you for the stop payment fee you had to incur.

So, if you purchase something lets say on eBay and do not use auto payment you beleive that it is okay for the seller to sell the item to someone else after you have confirmation that it is your purchase just because they say I will pay right now and immediate payment was not required at the time of your purchase?

Interesting.

um, i think it is obvious that i was saying that AFF does NOT do this, which is a good thing and is not what happened in your case bc they honor their layaways in my experience so it was just a mistake.

are you looking for conflict or something?

Some items have a restocking fee if you return, so make sure you read their terms. This may be why the last poster was "shorted" $100?

No it has nothing to do with a restocking fee--- they made another mistake. I have the email to prove what they said they were going to refund me and my bank account is totally different.

They were covering for their mistake to make me happy - and I didn't even escalate it to Ann or Jeff or whomever the owner is-- I just told the operations manager I will no longer do business with them since they lacked integrity with my transaction.

I will call them Tue morning , thankfully, I have the email. I see that I am not the only one not happy with them. It is all good though since I need to stop shopping anyway.

No it has nothing to do with a restocking fee--- they made another mistake. I have the email to prove what they said they were going to refund me and my bank account is totally different.

They were covering for their mistake to make me happy - and I didn't even escalate it to Ann or Jeff or whomever the owner is-- I just told the operations manager I will no longer do business with them since they lacked integrity with my transaction.

I will call them Tue morning , thankfully, I have the email. I see that I am not the only one not happy with them. It is all good though since I need to stop shopping anyway.

Do let Jeff know. They would want to know when stuff like that happens I would think. I re-read your post and saw they waived the restock, sorry about that. hopefully it will get resoved for you today!

Of all the resale/consignment shops I've used, Ann's is VERY low on my list... I do not like how they operate. Their website, some people there are cold. And their return policy is absolutely the worst. They also don't give estimates for consignment unlike other places, their first step is to just mail them your things. I have not had a good experience with Ann's at all. Others are much better, imo. OP I hope you got everything straightened out!

I consign with Lindas stuff, and she also does not give estimates upfront, but you mail the stuff and they list. If you don't like a price you have to check it and tell them. I'm thinking this is common for online consignment?

The one's that buy from you, yoogis or BBOS do tend to low ball like crazy...It's a conundrum. For very easy to sell, like LV or Chanel, I would list on ebay myself. For other stuff, I take the hit (38%) and consign with Linda. At least I don't have to deal with the bay on it.