Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Hi everyone- my item delivered to the buy on Dec 2nd and the system says my earnings will be available 12/9 but its 12/10 already and still no funds available. Should I contact Tradesy CS or is this delay normal? Will be removing all listings from this platform after getting my earnings-- such a headache dealing with them. Thanks!

Reactions: earthygirl
Hi everyone- my item delivered to the buy on Dec 2nd and the system says my earnings will be available 12/9 but its 12/10 already and still no funds available. Should I contact Tradesy CS or is this delay normal? Will be removing all listings from this platform after getting my earnings-- such a headache dealing with them. Thanks!
Sometimes it's a day late but not later than that unless there is a return. I would contact them on Monday if it isn't released by then or you don't receive notification of a return.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Sometimes it's a day late but not later than that unless there is a return. I would contact them on Monday if it isn't released by then or you don't receive notification of a return.
Thanks for your response- I did not receive a notification of a return but I will definitely contact Tradesy tomorrow. The fact that buyers can return without any valid reasoning is ridiculous. A few months ago I sold to a new buyer and she returned my item. I got an email that an item was being returned to me. This time I also sold to a new buyer and its possible that she returned my item as well... This is why I am hesitant about selling to new buyers.

Last edited:
I’ve purchased on Tradesy four times now and the first two transactions were flawless.
#3…….Last weekend I was browsing Tradesy and an item I’ve been hunting for a long time was there and in excellent condition. I checked out and 2 days later I was notified the item was not available. Disappointed but moved on.
#4…….Amazingly the same item from another seller popped up in like new condition a day after that. I could not believe my good luck and purchased. It arrived yesterday and…..omg…..the perfume smell knocked me over when I opened the box. It’s still airing out in my garage.
So to rate my Tradesy experiences so far ….I would have to check the 50% box.

Reactions: caannie
I've also made 4 purchases from Tradesy. Initially I was really careful because you have to return for store credit only unless the item is SNAD. My first two purchases were from sellers I was familiar with for items I'd been searching for forever. The last two were leaps of faith but both items arrived as described. I really like Tradesy's selection, as well as they offer some pretty good discounts that other sites don't. They're probably my second favorite after ebay.

the last time I sold on Tradesy was in 2018, a pair of chanel combat boots and I literally had to wait for a month for my funds! After reaching out and pretty much begging for my funds, they released it but i cannot believe it took a month for my funds to be released. Deleted my account, have not ever visited since.

the last time I sold on Tradesy was in 2018, a pair of chanel combat boots and I literally had to wait for a month for my funds! After reaching out and pretty much begging for my funds, they released it but i cannot believe it took a month for my funds to be released. Deleted my account, have not ever visited since.
They've gotten better at releasing funds, and very quick at transferring money. I haven't made any sales in awhile.

Thanks for your response- I did not receive a notification of a return but I will definitely contact Tradesy tomorrow. The fact that buyers can return without any valid reasoning is ridiculous. A few months ago I sold to a new buyer and she returned my item. I got an email that an item was being returned to me. This time I also sold to a new buyer and its possible that she returned my item as well... This is why I am hesitant about selling to new buyers.
Did they release your money?

Hi to all,

did anyone here ever deal with a buyer returning an item 5 months plus for authenticity purposes? I am beyond livid as I did not get any notification and my biggest fear is that the buyer switched out my item for a replica as the sale was problematic from the start. I have all kinds of forms to prove authenticity, but it just really makes me upset that a person has kept the item for 5 months plus and can be approved for a return. I can't believe I may be possibly dealing with this.

Hi to all,

did anyone here ever deal with a buyer returning an item 5 months plus for authenticity purposes? I am beyond livid as I did not get any notification and my biggest fear is that the buyer switched out my item for a replica as the sale was problematic from the start. I have all kinds of forms to prove authenticity, but it just really makes me upset that a person has kept the item for 5 months plus and can be approved for a return. I can't believe I may be possibly dealing with this.

if your listing contains such info as serial number and other personal details, Tradesy will not let a switch happen.

Hi,

Thank you so much! I didn't even think about that until you said that. I have been on edge since me personally reaching out to Tradesy as I was unaware

it's gonna be fine, Tradesy is more cooperative and loyal to buyers than ebay. as a seller I was able to make them take back returned items that were not in same condition when they were returned to me from a buyer.

Reactions: AQUEENINBRKLYN
I think I‘m done with Tradesy. They are making it impossible to sell. They have morons “authenticating“ handbags. I was asked for additional pics including proof of purchase, serial numbers, made in france stamp and I provided all of them and they still removed my listing! I asked why and was told that they are not saying my handbag is inauthentic just that they are not certain it is authentic. I’m not sure what more I could have provided them with to prove authenticity. The goyard bag was directly from the goyard boutique and I blacked out my personal info but provided a pic of the original receipt.

There is no explanation aside from the fact that they are probably hiring kids fresh out of college who are likely unfamiliar with luxury goods! If They keep this up, they’ll alienate all of their sellers!